Dynadot

I can`t believe it but I just bought: AUTO.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Spade said:
Not even worth it. A simple claim that the person who posted it for sale did not have the authority to do that would suffice.

if that is the case, then could be the same for buyers when they "change" their minds?

•••
Well lets just pray hard now that Lorenzo gets the the domain !! Now close your eyes and pray! Its not impossible.Its POSSIBLE!

•••
italiandragon said:
if that is the case, then could be the same for buyers when they "change" their minds?

Happens more often then anyone is willing to admit.

•••
Congratulations,I hope this deal goes through for you.Its awesome if it does.Either way dont feel bad ,you did the right thing,If it is real and you missed it by thinking it was fake then you would never get over it.Good Luck!
:santa: Santa is real.

•••
Malaysia said:
Well lets just pray hard now that Lorenzo gets the the domain !! Now close your eyes and pray! Its not impossible.Its POSSIBLE!

:) Just to say that, I`ll pay your ticket to the next TRAFFIC in Queensland should this be real :)

•••
Lorenzo, did you print out a copy of the 'has been sold' listing notice? Might be good for ammo if you should need such, and, also a nice memory shot of 'soooo close..'

•••
Spade said:
Happens more often then anyone is willing to admit.

What do you mean? Is this industry a total joke or some rules are really working?

Thanks

hawkeye said:
Lorenzo, did you print out a copy of the 'has been sold' listing notice? Might be good for ammo if you should need such, and, also a nice memory shot of 'soooo close..'

All done, in the worst case scenario I will make a nice picture with it:

"I (almost) bought AUTO.com"

Update: the listing has been removed.....so my dream ends before I even go to bed :(

•••
italiandragon said:
Update: the listing has been removed.....so my dream ends before I even go to bed :(

Unlucky, however it was almost certain this would happen.
:(
_\|/_ :ghost:

•••
italiandragon said:
:) Just to say that, I`ll pay your ticket to the next TRAFFIC in Queensland should this be real :)

=) You are so nice.
Seems like u are giving a lot tickets away to traffic at queensland...
are u affiliate with them anyhow? LOL

•••
italiandragon said:
Don't be so sure!

The last two names I bought from Afternic disappeared shortly after I used "Buy it Now" -- they reappeared a few hours later. :tu:

•••
italiandragon said:

Doest that means the sale is fake?

•••
italiandragon said:

You're due an explanation. They can't act like it didn't happen.

-Bill

•••
Etab said:
Don't be so sure!

The last two names I bought from Afternic disappeared shortly after I used "Buy it Now" -- they reappeared a few hours later. :tu:

Its is indeed POSSIBLE!

•••
Etab said:
Don't be so sure!

Steve would know! He got some Gems in the last round!

Don't give up that easy... Go to bed and see what happens when you wake up. ;)

If it does fall threw... I would be contacting Afternic and find out HOW somebody can list Auto.com or any domain they do not own etc!

•••
NameClerk.com said:
You're due an explanation. They can't act like it didn't happen.

-Bill

You`re right but what can I do from here?

I`m Australia, it`s 4.30 AM , I need to go to bed, I don`t speak perfect English on the phone and with my ear infection I`m still having I can`t even ear properly.

Too bad.

Sorry guys about this 2 hours of excitement.

I better go to bed now.

Yofie said:
Steve would know! He got some Gems in the last round!

Don't give up that easy... Go to bed and see what happens when you wake up. ;)

If it does fall threw... I would be contacting Afternic and find out HOW somebody can list Auto.com or any domain they do not own etc!

Thanks Yofie :)

Here there is the screenshot of my Afternic account after the purchase:

Attachments

• accepted.jpg
    accepted.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 169
•••
To tell the truth, I didn't believe it when I saw this thread. That domain is worth many millions. As much as I would like you to have won it, I just don't believe it.

•••
italiandragon said:

I`m Australia, it`s 4.30 AM , I need to go to bed, I don`t speak perfect English on the phone and with my ear infection I`m still having I can`t even ear properly.

Too bad.

Sorry guys about this 2 hours of excitement.

I better go to bed now.

Thanks Yofie :)

Here there is the screenshot of my Afternic account after the purchase:
Go get some sleep, Lorenzo. Hopefully you didn't sell your house and quit your job yet! D-:

I'd get in contact with Afternic ASAP -- but I think your listing will reappear in the morning. :)

•••
after the ireit LLL.coms at $XXX i believe many things are possible n miracles are happening. So wish u have a good dream tonight n get an email tmr telling you won a domain name n it will be yours!All the best of luck to ya~
Cheers
Joey

•••
Yea if its not real then something needs to be done to correct this kind of thing.It reminds me of when I first started out and bougt a few really nice domains from G*D*ddy,only to have an email sent to me saying the domain is already registered (showing available due to some BS reason) and have to wait a week to have my money back.
But I am still keeping a positive attitude about this one.After what happened last week with the LLL's, I believe this could come true for you.
The faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain.
The power of Belief is strong.Dont give up,just relax and see what happens.GoodLuck again!

•••
Here the other screenshots:

Attachments

• accepted2.jpg
    accepted2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 119
  • auto sale listing.jpg
    auto sale listing.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 140
  • auto sale listing3.jpg
    auto sale listing3.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 130
•••
•••
scoops22 said:
Yea if its not real then something needs to be done to correct this kind of thing.It reminds me of when I first started out and bougt a few really nice domains from G*D*ddy,only to have an email sent to me saying the domain is already registered (showing available due to some BS reason) and have to wait a week to have my money back.
But I am still keeping a positive attitude about this one.After what happened last week with the LLL's, I believe this could come true for you.
The faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain.
The power of Belief is strong.Dont give up,just relax and see what happens.GoodLuck again!

Sell at Sedo.com they actually check your whois and match it to your account before it is listed or parked.

Best of luck Lorenzo!

•••
italiandragon said:

1,000 thread views in 90 minutes. It's pretty well documented what happened. If this gets nixed, you should at least get a free Afternic membership for life.

:hehe:

•••
This thread is a joke, right?

Clearly the company that owns Cars.com and spends millions of dollars a month on advertising didn't decide to list one of their prime Internet properties on Afternic. Let's be real here. Someone is messing around and listed Autos.com for shits and giggles. If they read this thread, I am sure they are doing more than just giggling.

This is as legit as the Nigerian scam emails I receive telling me I won the Irish lottery. A couple months ago I saw a name on Afternic that is owned by Frank Schilling. After confirming with Frank that the name wasn't his, I let them know and they closed the account. It isn't difficult to list whatever domain name you want listed.

Last edited:
•••
When I type in auto.com , it is redirected to cars.com.

Common sense, cars.com company will not part auto.com for xx,xxx. I think it is 99.9 % sure typo or scam.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back