Dynadot

I bid on Sedo but no response. What can I do, if anything?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gareth1614

In a world of .mes, be a .comTop Member
Impact
I clicked 'make offer', and offered the price they had listed (so $99 in the example pictured below [not the same domain - just an example]). It's only been a few days at this stage, but what's the deal here?

Is there any way to get things moving?

Also, what's the deal with setting prices, as shown here, with "make an offer" when there's no obligation on the seller to sell at this price? Surely it's not the selling price, just a meaningless number, if it can then be rejected.

The domain is listed in the same way as "templateloop.com" below. So - what does "99 USD" actually mean here?

upload_2015-12-24_14-25-20.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure about Sedo, but Flippa is similar in terms of useless BIN options... when you click BIN on a listing (not auction) it gets launched as an offer, they can then still reject.... witch imo is retarded the BIN should be there to END it, i BIN the seller SELLS.

•••
Not sure about Sedo, but Flippa is similar in terms of useless BIN options... when you click BIN on a listing (not auction) it gets launched as an offer, they can then still reject.... witch imo is retarded the BIN should be there to END it, i BIN the seller SELLS.
I didn't realise Flippa operated that way. I've only ever bought there through auction high bids. That actually sounds even worse as "Buy it Now" is pretty much concrete.

•••
Had that same issue recently.. it says Make Offer, there's the buy now price, even if you bid that amount, it still remains as if the other party has the option to accept or reject.. doesn't make sense.. in my case i didnt get an answer either from the other party, then it got cancelled by sedo

•••
Had that same issue recently.. it says Make Offer, there's the buy now price, even if you bid that amount, it still remains as if the other party has the option to accept or reject.. doesn't make sense.. in my case i didnt get an answer either from the other party, then it got cancelled by sedo
I see from searching that this issue has been complained about as far back as 2004 in one way or another. I just don't get it.

•••
At SEDO even when you list the domain as "Make Offer" you can set a price ...
That´s a very good strategy for sellers because all the offers you get at SEDO remain
recorded on the domain´s page ... so when somebody visit that landing page they see
all the offers your domain had in the past ... so looks like more offers more value on that
domain ... Get it ??? As seller you can use those recorded offers as negociation tactics ...
(Ex: If you want to buy my domain xxxxx.com and you see there where 25 previous offers
for my domain it looks like many people are intersted on that name and the seller will argue
he declined 25 previous offers)

•••
At SEDO even when you list the domain as "Make Offer" you can set a price ...
That´s a very good strategy for sellers because all the offers you get at SEDO remain
recorded on the domain´s page ... so when somebody visit that landing page they see
all the offers your domain had in the past ... so looks like more offers more value on that
domain ... Get it ???
:laugh: for seller.

-_- for buyer. Also seems an underhand strategy IMHO.

•••
:laugh: for buyer.

-_- for seller. Also seems an underhand strategy IMHO.
As seller I like this option ... I put a $90 price on a domain, I get 20 $90 offers, than I delete that price
and wait for a buyer who will see my domain had 20 previous offers ... good tactic ...

•••
Great for the seller. (I edited that post since you quoted it - switched "seller" and "buyer"!) But makes buying a very uncertain playing field.

•••
The make an offer price listed is not the price they want but is the minimum they will open negotiations at. Make an offer min prices generally will prevent the riffraff from making lowball offers etc.

The BIN should be a valid purchase price but if the owner is away for some reason there is no way for Sedo to have the domain transferred so the sale doesn't happen.

•••
Great for the seller. (I edited that post since you quoted it - switched "seller" and "buyer"!) But makes buying a very uncertain playing field.
Agree with you, but domainers are more sellers than buyers, so it´s a good option for sellers ...

•••
Valid point. As a seller I'll use any means I have at my disposal, so I guess why not this.

Still - I hope the guy/woman/person gets back to me :guilty:

•••
@McDuke @NicMarket.com

I know what the minimum offer price deal is .. I've used sedo here and there over the years.
This was make an offer at whatever price you want and the Buyer's DESIRED price was the amount listed.

I bid on the name. It said Buyer's desired price for example 100$ your bid 100$. That is not the minimum acceptable price ..

sedo2.png

sedo1.png

it doesn't say the minimum bid is 200$ . it says desired price is 200$. As you can see it doesn't say 200$ is the highest bid so far or anything. It clearly says Desired Price

Last edited:
•••
The make an offer price listed is not the price they want but is the minimum they will open negotiations at. Make an offer min prices generally will prevent the riffraff from making lowball offers etc.

The BIN should be a valid purchase price but if the owner is away for some reason there is no way for Sedo to have the domain transferred so the sale doesn't happen.
At SEDO you prevent lowball offers by setting a minimum offer accepted which is visible only when somebody goes thru the process of making an offer ... The price set on domains listed as "Make Offer" generally is very low and the main purpose is to attract offers so they remain recorded on the domain´s page.

•••
It could take a bit, not everyone uses their regular email for domaining so it may take until they login to their email or into Sedo to see your inquiry.

You typically want to reply and finalize any deal within 48 hours of initial contact in sales so if a seller misses this time frame they are leaving money on the table.

•••
At SEDO you prevent lowball offers by setting a minimum offer accepted which is visible only when somebody goes thru the process of making an offer ... The price set on domains listed as "Make Offer" generally is very low and the main purpose is to attract offers so they remain recorded on the domain´s page.

I do it to weed out the lowballers. ;)

•••
@McDuke @NicMarket.com

I know what the minimum offer price deal is .. I've used sedo here and there over the years.
This was make an offer at whatever price you want and the Buyer's DESIRED price was the amount listed.

I bid on the name. It said Buyer's desired price for example 100$ your bid 100$. That is not the minimum acceptable price ..

maybe you need to bid 101$. Sounds odd.

•••
I updated my post with a screenshot if you want to see exactly

•••
I do it to weed out the lowballers. ;)
At SEDO is good to receive even lowball offers as they remain recorded an display publicly as number of offers not as amount ... so over the time your domain will display all past offers received ...

•••
At SEDO is good to receive even lowball offers as they remain recorded an display publicly as number of offers not as amount ... so over the time your domain will display all past offers received ...

Good point, I'm still a rookie so it's a valid point I overlooked.

•••
@NicMarket.com
based on the screenshot above, does it still make sense that it wasn't a purchase confirmation?
Is there a detail I'm not seeing?

•••
@McDuke @NicMarket.com

Show attachment 21132

Show attachment 21130

it doesn't say the minimum bid is 200$ . it says desired price is 200$. As you can see it doesn't say 200$ is the highest bid so far or anything. It clearly says Desired Price

It looks like it's a "make an offer" not a BIN, but I see what you mean it says the owner will take 200$ but the offer won't go through. Sounds odd.

•••
•••
on a couple of posts above

•••
@NicMarket.com
based on the screenshot above, does it still make sense that it wasn't a purchase confirmation?
Is there a detail I'm not seeing?
OK I saw it ... it´s what I said before ... a strategy to attract offers which remain displayed as number of offers not as amount; so if somebody get´s 5 offers of $100 for his domain he can say he got 5 $10,000 offers as the amount is not displayed ... Mind that this strategy benefit sellers and SEDO also ...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back