IT.COM

I am not able to Release Fund in Flippa Escrow

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TERADOMAIN

QualityNames.comTop Member
Impact
Hi,

I am not able to Release Fund in Flippa Escrow. Domain transferred to me. Next step is to release payment. Me or Seller does not receive any code from Flippa side. Customer Service not doing anything.

Does anyone else facing the same issue??

@FlippaDomains can you please look into it??

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just great im in the same process of flippa escrow for the funds to be release to me and of course nothing... i am so done with flippa, not to mention a listing fee and a sale fee so stupid.

Flippa was good when they didn't have their own escrow service. They should stick to sales only. I'm done with them as well.

•••
Who still uses Flippa? They're worst. They even threatens you if you want to post on forum about their bad service.

•••
@TERADOMAIN @kn65 was this the error you guys were getting?

• Payment type: the item payment type does not support this action.
  • Buyer: user currently held and not permitted to actively transact.

•••
•••
Glad everything is sorted for you :) im also a seller there and never had a problem with the funds being released to me

•••
Flippa Escrow is not legit; neither are they insured in any form. Their so-called escrow service is the worse we've ever seen. They typically use PromisePay, but are branding it as "Flippa Escrow" on their marketplace.

Now PromisePay have mysteriously changed their name to Assembly Payments. I typically don't trust companies who switch their names, especially when handling people's money is concerned.

•••
Flippa Escrow is not legit; neither are they insured in any form. Their so-called escrow service is the worse we've ever seen. They typically use PromisePay, but are branding it as "Flippa Escrow" on their marketplace.

Now PromisePay have mysteriously changed their name to Assembly Payments. I typically don't trust companies who switch their names, especially when handling people's money is concerned.

Thank you, glad other people are aware of all these issues. When I heard they rebranded themselves I instantly thought it was to cover all the bad reviews of promise pay.
And it doesn't comfort one that a flippa board member/investor named mr walsh also is big wig at assembly payments. Conflict of interest much ?
I have used Escrow.com for nearly half my life and now also Payoneer. Not perfect, but both services are miles ahead of whatever crazy gobbledygook Assembly Payments is serving up.

•••
Thank you, glad other people are aware of all these issues. When I heard they rebranded themselves I instantly thought it was to cover all the bad reviews of promise pay.
And it doesn't comfort one that a flippa board member/investor named mr walsh also is big wig at assembly payments. Conflict of interest much ?
I have used Escrow.com for nearly half my life and now also Payoneer. Not perfect, but both services are miles ahead of whatever crazy gobbledygook Assembly Payments is serving up.

Recently (this month), it took Flippa Escrow 2 whole weeks before finally disbursing funds after buyer authorized release of funds from the sale of a website. They blamed the delay on a "technical glitch" from their escrow provider, but refused to go into details despite asking several times.

Had to send a well-crafted intent to sue email to Flippa CEO, Tony Barrett, before the disbursement of funds was taking more seriously.

Will no longer use Flippa Escrow or their vulnerable escrow provider that changes name randomly. Very much doubt their system is secure. PromisePay was based on promising to pay you (many complaints), and as for the renaming to Assembly Payments ... what a horrible name for escrow service. Assembly? Who are they gathering together on a line or queue?

It's either Escrow.com or Payoneer Escrow for secure transactions henceforth; no issues with funds.

•••
Wow, after writing so many positive things about Escrow.com I have to eat my words.
I had a very important wire and Escrow.com completely messed up. My bank recorded Escrow.com/their bank Wells Fargo as sending the wire using the routing number twice. I have received many wires from escrow and am shocked that this happened.
So it has totally ruined my weekend.
Escrow.com was awful. They said as a "courtesy to me" they would ask their finance department to look into NEXT week,
A courtesy ?
So disgusted.
Payoneer is now the only Escrow service I trust.

•••
Wow, after writing so many positive things about Escrow.com I have to eat my words.
I had a very important wire and Escrow.com completely messed up. My bank recorded Escrow.com/their bank Wells Fargo as sending the wire using the routing number twice. I have received many wires from escrow and am shocked that this happened.
So it has totally ruined my weekend.
Escrow.com was awful. They said as a "courtesy to me" they would ask their finance department to look into NEXT week,
A courtesy ?
So disgusted.
Payoneer is now the only Escrow service I trust.

Specifically, how did they mess up? Sent funds to wrong bank account or something?

•••
It is not the employer that pays the wages... Employers just handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages.- Henry Ford

Specifically, how did they mess up? Sent funds to wrong bank account or something?

Instead of sending the wire to my bank account number, someone at escrow/ wells fargo entered my bank routing twice. Once as the bank routing number and then again as my checking account number. So dumb. My bank used the wells fargo tracer info to tell me what happened. They said Escrow needs to fix this.
It is Monday and still no email or help from Escrow.com. I contacted chat again on Escrow and they act clueless.
Pretty upset right now.

Last edited:
•••
Still no reply from anyone at escrow.com

•••
I will wait until Monday for a reply from Flippa. If the money isn't released by then I would urge you to return the domain, and you deal with Flippa's Escrow service so they can refund your money, since you chose to use that service. I think it is the ethical thing to do.

Whilst I understand your predicament as the seller. The ethical thing to do here is to still honour the sale, reason being is that on your Flippa listing, you have a choice to choose what payment methods you accept. As a seller, you should have unticked the Flippa Escrow Payment option if you didn't want to accept Flippa Escrow. By leaving it ticked you have offered buyers the option to pay via Flippa Escrow, indicating that you accept this payment option. As a buyer, I would have also selected Flippa Escrow considering it would be cheaper and considering that according to @TERADOMAIN post you didn't stipulate who would be paying the escrow fees or even if it would be split. Essentially, you not getting the funds from Flippa is a dilemma that the seller needs to sort out with Flippa and it's not actually the buyer's issue. In this case the buyer is being thoughtful and courteous enough to help make sure you get your payment even though he was not obligated to do so.

Last edited:
•••
Instead of sending the wire to my bank account number, someone at escrow/ wells fargo entered my bank routing twice. Once as the bank routing number and then again as my checking account number. So dumb. My bank used the wells fargo tracer info to tell me what happened. They said Escrow needs to fix this.
It is Monday and still no email or help from Escrow.com. I contacted chat again on Escrow and they act clueless.
Pretty upset right now.

Still no reply from anyone at escrow.com

Not sure if support through their chat system is best. Rather, send your requests to [email protected] and [email protected]

You can also contact the new Escrow.com CEO, Matt Barrie, who is also active on Twitter @matt_barrie.

I believe it is Escrow.com Users who enters their disbursement method info in their account themselves. Not sure why an Escrow.com staff would prefer to enter such data on behalf of their Users; it does not click. That's not how it's done: You have to enter/submit necessary info yourself, they simply verify it.

Hope they resolve your issue soon. Good luck!

•••
Just great im in the same process of flippa escrow for the funds to be release to me and of course nothing... i am so done with flippa, not to mention a listing fee and a sale fee so stupid.

You are not the only one complaining about this. I think Flippa is robbing sellers blind. They charge high listing fees and promotion fees and after you suffered to make a sale from your own efforts, they then charge you a 15% sale fee ("success fee").

Have contacted Flippa Support many times suggesting that they either stick to charging only listing fees or only success fees, but never both. On top of that, they even place ads on your paid listings. Just stupid!

Last edited:
•••
agreed I would suggest using escrow.com and payoneer.com

•••
Hi guys,

I have made my first Flippa Escrow sale today and after pushing the domain to the buyer, I see that I have to request the release of funds. I clicked the "Request Release" button, choose Paypal as payment option, filled in my paypal email and when entering the 6 digits Pin that flippa sent on my mobile phone and it gives me the following error :
  • Token is not authorized.
I am sure I typed the code correctly (about 15 times as well). I have emailed [email protected] , but no response yet. Did any of you encounter this type of error?

Thanks

•••
Hi guys,

I have made my first Flippa Escrow sale today and after pushing the domain to the buyer, I see that I have to request the release of funds. I clicked the "Request Release" button, choose Paypal as payment option, filled in my paypal email and when entering the 6 digits Pin that flippa sent on my mobile phone and it gives me the following error :
  • Token is not authorized.
I am sure I typed the code correctly (about 15 times as well). I have emailed [email protected] , but no response yet. Did any of you encounter this type of error?

Thanks
Ever figure this out?

•••
Ever figure this out?
sounds like they didnt renew their paypal api fees. could be a minor oversight...flippa not the same after it was bought out by domain brokers.

•••
sounds like they didnt renew their paypal api fees. could be a minor oversight...flippa not the same after it was bought out by domain brokers.
I actually just figured it out yesterday. Apparently it IS a bug. Flippa replied to me within 10 minutes of my first inital message and solved it however, so thats a plus. Still though, if its a known bug, why not fix it? Last thing I want to do is contact customer support to make it work

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back