Dynadot

Flippa Escrow - "Token is not authorized" - Error

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Radu054

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I am currently in the process of selling a domain name with Flippa Escrow. After transferring the domain name to the buyer, I clicked the "request release" button. I am then prompted to select a payout option. I chose PayPal and when I enter the 6N pin code that Flippa sent me on my mobile phone I get the following error: "Token is not authorized".

As I am new to flippa escrow, I didn't know if this error came from their service or from the buyer so I emailed [email protected] asking for clarifications. After some hours I got a response in which they told me they can send me a static 6N pin code, but I need to send them two photos: one with my ID and one with me holding the same ID, putting them on flippa.wetransfer.com. I did that and requested, as suggested by "MJ" from [email protected], to be given a static PIN code. It passed more than 21 hrs since then and I still didn't get a response.

Also, I pushed the domain (I have the Enom email proof), but the buyer didn't reply to my messages, he didn't confirm me that he got the domain. The whois details didn't change. As far as I am concerned, I think he didn't accept it by clicking the link in the email enom sent him, even though I have written this to him.

What are your thoughts about this?
Did anybody encounter this type of error?

@FlippaDomains

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm, I think maybe it might be a case of the buyer not completing the transfer by clicking the link on the email like you said. Could just be a case of the buyer being slow, have you checked in the sales completion area where you sent the message if the buyer has "seen/read" your message?

•••
It could be the case of a slow buyer. He has good reviews on Flippa, he's been on the platform for 3 years so I am sure he is legit. He did not read the messages (it shows unseen). He responded to previous messages after at least 5 days from me sending them.

•••
It could be the case of a slow buyer. He has good reviews on Flippa, he's been on the platform for 3 years so I am sure he is legit. He did not read the messages (it shows unseen). He responded to previous messages after at least 5 days from me sending them.

Ahh, good stuff.. at least you have some peace of mind knowing that he is generally slow to respond and he has a good rep on Flippa. Hopefully he replies today...lol Good luck and congrats on the sale! :)

•••
•••
When I tried to use my 800 vanity number for my mobile phone code, I got that error. Used my personal mobile and received code.
Doesn't matter though, because Flippa is now holding my funds hostage after I transferred everything and the buyer released payment.
Flippa wants my id held next to my head, photo taken and then scanned to some insecure cloud service company.
Insane, as I am an established seller.

•••
I used my personal mobile and it worked fine until I requested the release of funds.

Update: I got a response from Flippa, they've sent me a static PIN that I can use, but it gives me the same error. Not sure what the problem is right now, but the only thing that I can think of is the buyer not releasing the funds yet.

•••
Keep us all posted with how it works out and good luck.

•••
•••
I need to send them two photos: one with my ID and one with me holding the same ID

LOL, this is the good stuff :D
they justify this with KYC, but you are not the customer at that point. they have absolutely no problem taking your money with just a paypal address but when it comes to paying you, they put you thru all kind of stupid shenanigans.
the hole point of escrow is to be able to deal with people you don't know and/or you don't trust, there is absolutely zero reasons for this kind of BS.

•••
LOL, this is the good stuff :D
they justify this with KYC, but you are not the customer at that point. they have absolutely no problem taking your money with just a paypal address but when it comes to paying you, they put you thru all kind of stupid shenanigans.
the hole point of escrow is to be able to deal with people you don't know and/or you don't trust, there is absolutely zero reasons for this kind of BS.

Yes, you get it.
Escrow.com uses Know Your Customer guidelines, but nowhere do they ask for id held next to one's head.
And as someone who is familiar with risk management, I am livid for any business to pretend they HAVE to get scanned ids sent to them. No, KYC gives companies guidelines, not rules or laws. FFS.

http://www.wolfsberg-principles.com/pdf/faq/Wolfsberg_IBCB_FAQs_(2006).pdf
upload_2017-6-22_4-55-24.png

•••
a small update: Flippa solved the payout option and the PIN error for me. Now I am just waiting for the buyer to accept the release of funds.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back