Domain Empire

I am not able to Release Fund in Flippa Escrow

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TERADOMAIN

QualityNames.comTop Member
Impact
Hi,

I am not able to Release Fund in Flippa Escrow. Domain transferred to me. Next step is to release payment. Me or Seller does not receive any code from Flippa side. Customer Service not doing anything.

Does anyone else facing the same issue??

@FlippaDomains can you please look into it??

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry I can't help. I stop using their service long time ago. :)

•••
Just great im in the same process of flippa escrow for the funds to be release to me and of course nothing... i am so done with flippa, not to mention a listing fee and a sale fee so stupid.

•••
Just great im in the same process of flippa escrow for the funds to be release to me and of course nothing... i am so done with flippa, not to mention a listing fee and a sale fee so stupid.

Flippa was good when they didn't have their own escrow service. They should stick to sales only. I'm done with them as well.

•••
Glad to hear this was resolved.

I wonder if you had not posted about your problem here if it would have been resolved so quickly.

•••
Glad to hear this was resolved.

I wonder if you had not posted about your problem here if it would have been resolved so quickly.

Thanks for your the response. I don't know if it was because of this thread. We created several tickets at Flippa Support plus there was a button called "Request Support" which was clicked by me yesterday and suddenly within 1 hour SITE Admin contacted us via message in "Sales Completion Area". They told us to contact [email protected] . I contacted them and suddenly all email conversation started between Flippa Escrow and me. So it may be combination of so many things.

(1) This particular Namepros Thread
(2) Created Ticket @ support.flippa.com by both (buyer/seller)
(3) I emailed [email protected]
(4) I clicked "Request Support" in Sales Completion Area
(5) I emailed [email protected]

It was hell of roller coaster ride to get money released to Seller. I explained little bit in detail which may helpful to others in future if they face the same trouble.

Thanks

•••
This is a big lesson for everyone. Thank you.

•••
Who still uses Flippa? They're worst. They even threatens you if you want to post on forum about their bad service.

•••
Flippa Escrow is not legit; neither are they insured in any form. Their so-called escrow service is the worse we've ever seen. They typically use PromisePay, but are branding it as "Flippa Escrow" on their marketplace.

Now PromisePay have mysteriously changed their name to Assembly Payments. I typically don't trust companies who switch their names, especially when handling people's money is concerned.

•••
Flippa Escrow is not legit; neither are they insured in any form. Their so-called escrow service is the worse we've ever seen. They typically use PromisePay, but are branding it as "Flippa Escrow" on their marketplace.

Now PromisePay have mysteriously changed their name to Assembly Payments. I typically don't trust companies who switch their names, especially when handling people's money is concerned.

Thank you, glad other people are aware of all these issues. When I heard they rebranded themselves I instantly thought it was to cover all the bad reviews of promise pay.
And it doesn't comfort one that a flippa board member/investor named mr walsh also is big wig at assembly payments. Conflict of interest much ?
I have used Escrow.com for nearly half my life and now also Payoneer. Not perfect, but both services are miles ahead of whatever crazy gobbledygook Assembly Payments is serving up.

•••
Created an account there a couple years ago, but never used it because of all the horror stories I read here at NP.

Every once in a while I consider using them, but then I see another story like this and I change my mind.

•••
we'll do more deals, just not through Flippa, not for me at least. This is not the first time that I have issues with them, this was the last straw for me.

Thanks again for following up on this, I very much appreciate it!

•••
Recently I listed 5 domains for autions on Flippa.com, but all of them didn't success.

•••
•••
Glad everything is sorted for you :) im also a seller there and never had a problem with the funds being released to me

•••
Wow, after writing so many positive things about Escrow.com I have to eat my words.
I had a very important wire and Escrow.com completely messed up. My bank recorded Escrow.com/their bank Wells Fargo as sending the wire using the routing number twice. I have received many wires from escrow and am shocked that this happened.
So it has totally ruined my weekend.
Escrow.com was awful. They said as a "courtesy to me" they would ask their finance department to look into NEXT week,
A courtesy ?
So disgusted.
Payoneer is now the only Escrow service I trust.

Specifically, how did they mess up? Sent funds to wrong bank account or something?

•••
•••
I've only ever been a seller on Flippa and payment goes to my PayPal account but I don't think there is a code involved?

Thanks. I used Flippa Escrow.

•••
Buyer here, I've contacted Flippa support three times in the past two days, no reply whatsoever. My money is stuck in Flippa escrow. That's what you get with "Free escrow services". I've used Escrow.com many times and never had an issue. Flippa has an escrow process problem and zero support.

•••
I am not accusing you of anything, all I am saying is that if I didn't receive the money would you want to keep the domain? Is that ethical? I sold the domain because I needed the money, sooner not later, that's all. And now without the money and no domain I feel robbed, not by you of course.

How long does one stay positive if after two days of customer service request and no response, from both us?

First of lets think positive. Money is secured in Flippa Escrow. It is not that you sent me domain and I did not pay for it. Again I am saying we did everything right and I am publicly accepting that I received domain which is mentioned very clearly in first post. If still not resolved by Monday then we can close the transaction in Flippa first and then we will close the transaction outside Flippa. So dont worry I got domain and you will surely get paid.

This is pathetic Service of Flippa that it has been 2 days and no response from anyone.

@FlippaDomains this is my support ticket number Request #345270

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
I am not accusing you of anything, all I am saying is that if I didn't receive the money would you want to keep the domain? Is that ethical? I sold the domain because I needed the money, sooner not later, that's all. And now without the money and no domain I feel robbed, not by you of course.

How long does one stay positive if after two days of customer service request and no response, from both us?

Flippa Escrow Team has manually transferred fund to you. Current status is pending wire transfer to you.

Finally a sigh of relief.

Thanks

•••
@TERADOMAIN @kn65 was this the error you guys were getting?

• Payment type: the item payment type does not support this action.
  • Buyer: user currently held and not permitted to actively transact.

•••
Thank you, glad other people are aware of all these issues. When I heard they rebranded themselves I instantly thought it was to cover all the bad reviews of promise pay.
And it doesn't comfort one that a flippa board member/investor named mr walsh also is big wig at assembly payments. Conflict of interest much ?
I have used Escrow.com for nearly half my life and now also Payoneer. Not perfect, but both services are miles ahead of whatever crazy gobbledygook Assembly Payments is serving up.

Recently (this month), it took Flippa Escrow 2 whole weeks before finally disbursing funds after buyer authorized release of funds from the sale of a website. They blamed the delay on a "technical glitch" from their escrow provider, but refused to go into details despite asking several times.

Had to send a well-crafted intent to sue email to Flippa CEO, Tony Barrett, before the disbursement of funds was taking more seriously.

Will no longer use Flippa Escrow or their vulnerable escrow provider that changes name randomly. Very much doubt their system is secure. PromisePay was based on promising to pay you (many complaints), and as for the renaming to Assembly Payments ... what a horrible name for escrow service. Assembly? Who are they gathering together on a line or queue?

It's either Escrow.com or Payoneer Escrow for secure transactions henceforth; no issues with funds.

•••
Wow, after writing so many positive things about Escrow.com I have to eat my words.
I had a very important wire and Escrow.com completely messed up. My bank recorded Escrow.com/their bank Wells Fargo as sending the wire using the routing number twice. I have received many wires from escrow and am shocked that this happened.
So it has totally ruined my weekend.
Escrow.com was awful. They said as a "courtesy to me" they would ask their finance department to look into NEXT week,
A courtesy ?
So disgusted.
Payoneer is now the only Escrow service I trust.

•••
Instead of sending the wire to my bank account number, someone at escrow/ wells fargo entered my bank routing twice. Once as the bank routing number and then again as my checking account number. So dumb. My bank used the wells fargo tracer info to tell me what happened. They said Escrow needs to fix this.
It is Monday and still no email or help from Escrow.com. I contacted chat again on Escrow and they act clueless.
Pretty upset right now.

Still no reply from anyone at escrow.com

Not sure if support through their chat system is best. Rather, send your requests to [email protected] and [email protected]

You can also contact the new Escrow.com CEO, Matt Barrie, who is also active on Twitter @matt_barrie.

I believe it is Escrow.com Users who enters their disbursement method info in their account themselves. Not sure why an Escrow.com staff would prefer to enter such data on behalf of their Users; it does not click. That's not how it's done: You have to enter/submit necessary info yourself, they simply verify it.

Hope they resolve your issue soon. Good luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back