Domain Empire

poll I am at 27,000 now, how many domains in your "keeper" portfolio?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many domains in your "keeper" portfolio (exclude "one-year-stand" promo regs)?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 0-100

• 101-500

• 501-1000

• 1001-2500

• 2501-5000

• 5001-7500

• 7501-10000

• 10001-15000

• 15001-25000

• 25001-50000

• 50001-100000

• 100000+

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
I crossed 27000 domain milestone today. I meant to start the sequel of my "5000" thread when I was at 20k, then at 25k, but never got around.

I am curious how things have changed for all of us since mid 2020 when I had the first poll.

My portfolio is 5.4 times larger than 2.8 years ago, so growing probably around 80% a year. Not quite doubling, but still a decent rate.

Almost all my names are with Godaddy save for hundred or so with Dyna. This helps with reducing admin load.

27000.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Do you even make $270,000 in sales per year?

•••
that is some crazy numbers, congrats

•••
@Recons.Com

Any update on how your strategy is doing?

I'm asking because I think there have been decrease in sales

Thanks

•••
My portfolio stayed around 120. Had 5-figure sales each in 2020 and 2021. 2022 and 2023 have been slow, with just $500 and $1200 sales.

•••
I am barely 3 weeks in this industry. But, listed my first domain for sell one year ago.
Currently have 12 names in my portfolio:
Byprofile.com
Hyruns.com
Pinneck.com
Contentpillar.com
Tdragonamusement.com
Contentwage.com
Allohi.us
Xtweet.us
Tweetx.us
Benicar.store
Contentmanager.store
Contentpillar.online

•••
awesome uve lots domains... would also like the same

•••
i am at around 1500 now .. need to increase it more ..

•••
i am at around 1500 now .. need to increase it more ..
Just for everyone else who is thinking about going from 100 to 1500, you need $30k min. in reg fees every two years. At 1% STR and $2500 average sale price after accounting, legal filing, office supply fees etc.... You might make $20k/year, before taxes. If you don't have a corp at that level, you are risking personal assets.

Also, looking at some of the gem portfolios for sale here over the past 20 years, a STR of 1/4% wouldn't be shocking, which creates an annual loss.

Scale slowly.

•••
Quick question - Do you have an exit strategy? If domains don't sell, what's plan B.

Last edited:
•••
Quick question - Do you have an exit strategy? If domains don't sell, what's plan B.
Quick question – If the Sun goes out, what's your plan B?

•••
Do you have an exit strategy? If domains don't sell, what's plan B.

He will just shred the zone files to make compost and use as fertilizer for grow bananas.

•••
Amazing story and admire your wisdom and knowlege. Will try learn from you. I grabbed some one word .co from 2010 and some random .com domains... now starting to collect more domains... have never sold 1 yet. Got a couple of offers for my .co but since I have been holding them for over 10 years and do not want to part away :)

•••
@Recons.Com hasn’t replied to this thread since May. Hope all is well.

•••
Wow that is huge numbers...
I'm new in this, i have 50 atm.

•••
Having a read through this thread and it really is such a bastion of cool insight. I have a portfolio of around 150 domains, the idea of having 1,000 seems very far away let alone 27,000. Reading through you mentioned your renewal costs are around 270k but you expect to earn about 360k, it seems pretty slim for the costs. Do you lend any domains or have any consistent income flows that help balance your growing portfolio?

•••
......it seems pretty slim for the costs.......
You're overlooking the bigger picture. In an average/expanding market, GoDaddy or HugeDomains would buy that portfolio for a minimum of $100/domain.

•••
Congrats on the achievement! Sizable portfolio and awesome YoY growth! And thanks for putting up the survey, very interesting stats, good to know! I have over 1000, up from 200 last year.

•••
I'm at around 46,500 at the moment (mainly ccTLDs - that typcially sell in the €1K-€3K sweet spot).

•••
I'm at around 46,500 at the moment (mainly ccTLDs - that typcially sell in the €1K-€3K sweet spot).
Thanks for sharing your numbers. May I ask about STR?

•••
Big Number. Congrats

•••
I certainly admire your resilience
My portfolio has been around the same size for several years now

I think people would be especially interested in the scaling aspect.

•••
Haven't been on NP for ages. Hope everything is well.

I appreciate everyone who asked. I did have a personal issue (lost my Mom over the summer) and since then haven't really visited forums or social media with few exceptions here and there.

Business-wise, everything is fine and I will try to go over post by post over the next week.

I am currently at 33000+ domains.

•••
I appreciate everyone who asked. I did have a personal issue (lost my Mom over the summer) and since then haven't really visited forums or social media with few exceptions here and there.
So very sorry to learn of your loss.
Take care,
Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back