IT.COM

HUGE DOMAINS SNIPING GODADDY CLOSEOUTS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So annoying Godaddy hasn't stopped Huge Domains from sniping Godaddy Closeouts with their automated tools, no way a human bidder can win a even closeout.

First they were sniping with the backorders, now you cut that out, and you are letting them snipe via automated tools.

So what do you say @Joe Styler , you want to even the playing field a bit, as your partners are bidding everything in a split second, from $12, to $11, and bidding everything else into the hundreds from a simple bid. I would rather pay a Huge Domains surcharge at checkout.

Huge Domains has an unfair advantage on the auction platform, essentially taxing every user for using it with their automated access advantages given to them thru the house.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Who is the owner of 33258? Very similar to HD bidding. Crazy stupid prices either paid by them or by whoever is left holding the bag.

Like, heyfamily for $600 or bestadvocate for $465 or maxhelp for $502. If you pay $500+ average for 1000 names like that, you invest $500K+ to sell 10 names a year at average price of around $3000, i.e. 30000, minus $9K renewals, net $21K. That is 4% return on investment. Even banks have higher expectations on loans. Ridiculous.

•••
Who is the owner of 33258? Very similar to HD bidding. Crazy stupid prices either paid by them or by whoever is left holding the bag.

Like, heyfamily for $600 or bestadvocate for $465 or maxhelp for $502. If you pay $500+ average for 1000 names like that, you invest $500K+ to sell 10 names a year at average price of around $3000, i.e. 30000, minus $9K renewals, net $21K. That is 4% return on investment. Even banks have higher expectations on loans. Ridiculous.
Maybe HD has switched? considering they have been exposed!

•••
Huge domains strikes again... seems to happen every time I put in an autobid. Guess I'm not allowed to sleep if I want a domain. That's like 3am for me.

upload_2020-5-6_6-11-17.png

•••
i was going thru my last month auction , its impossible to win against huge domains they auto bid upto 200 for even $21 decent name, 90 % names last month in my watch list won by huge domains..Can anything be done about this ?

Last edited:
•••
Happened to me yesterday.
Tried to snap
NebraskaHomeSales [dot] com
No bids appeared until the last 6 mins. Once I placed a bid - someone or some bot came in and we had a bidding war until close to $100. I let it go.

Another one was
Aphrodisiacs [dot] net
pardon me if there is a typo :)

I finally won an auction @ GoDaddy with just $12 bid (with no other bidders at all)
KitchenFaucets [dot] net

The .com version of the same name was sold close to 15K last year @ UniRegistry. I had 90% confidence that I will be outbid by someone else so just placed a bid of $12 and went to sleep. Got an email from Godaddy this morning that I have won the auction.

Last edited:
•••
Happened to me yesterday.
Tried to snap
NebraskaHomeSales [dot] com
No bids appeared until the last 6 mins. Once I placed a bid - someone or some bot came in and we had a bidding war until close to $100. I let it go.

Another one was
Aphrodisiacs [dot] net
pardon me if there is a typo :)

I finally won an auction @ GoDaddy with just $12 bid (with no other bidders at all)
KitchenFaucets [dot] net

The .com version of the same name was sold close to 15K last year @ UniRegistry. I had 90% confidence that I will be outbid by someone else so just placed a bid of $12 and went to sleep. Got an email from Godaddy this morning that I have won the auction.

they mostly buy .com , thats why you won it or else no way

•••
Huge domains strikes again... seems to happen every time I put in an autobid. Guess I'm not allowed to sleep if I want a domain. That's like 3am for me.

Show attachment 153468

913932 , lol if they come better go to sleep coz they are HD

•••
913932 , lol if they come better go to sleep coz they are HD

Not always though... please check this...
Yesterday ZeeSports [dot] com was on auction.

upload_2020-5-15_13-30-3.png

•••
So annoying Godaddy hasn't stopped Huge Domains from sniping Godaddy Closeouts with their automated tools, no way a human bidder can win a even closeout.

First they were sniping with the backorders, now you cut that out, and you are letting them snipe via automated tools.

So what do you say @Joe Styler , you want to even the playing field a bit, as your partners are bidding everything in a split second, from $12, to $11, and bidding everything else into the hundreds from a simple bid. I would rather pay a Huge Domains surcharge at checkout.

Huge Domains has an unfair advantage on the auction platform, essentially taxing every user for using it with their automated access advantages given to them thru the house.

NameSilo has the 5 minute auction extend process, I think that is the most fair system.

•••
Not always though... please check this...
Yesterday ZeeSports [dot] com was on auction.

Show attachment 154412
as far as i studied them, 90 % of their bids are up-to $200 range , mostly those names are worth $20 range at closeouts before few years, for higher range bids i have not studied their range as i don't participate much, you can win them but not always a good price to buy imo, you over paid.

Last edited:
•••
as far as i studied their 90 % they bid upto $200 , mostly those names are worth $20 range before few years, for higher bids i have to studied their range as i don't participate much, you can win them but not always a good price to buy imo, you over paid

OK thanks for sharing your view.
It wasn't my winning bid. Someone else won it - for ZeeSports [dot] com.

=====================================================

Also I have been told that if an auction ends with no bidders it is automatically pushed to Closeouts.
However I noticed 2 .com domains with 0 bids - were pushed to 14 days auction again. Is this becoz I added them into my watchlist or something has changed in their system?

•••
I don't know anything about GD auctions. How can I know if someone is bidding on my expired domains?

•••
OK thanks for sharing your view.
It wasn't my winning bid. Someone else won it - for ZeeSports [dot] com.

=====================================================

Also I have been told that if an auction ends with no bidders it is automatically pushed to Closeouts.
However I noticed 2 .com domains with 0 bids - were pushed to 14 days auction again. Is this becoz I added them into my watchlist or something has changed in their system?

99% they go to closeouts even you have it in your watch list, not sure about 14 days auction.

•••

This is the first time I hear of this, maybe it happens when more people have the domain on the watchlist? I stopped using watchlist "just in case", but when I still did, I never encountered such a case, domain would normally move to closeouts and/or get sniped.

•••
This is the first time I hear of this, maybe it happens when more people have the domain on the watchlist? I stopped using watchlist "just in case", but when I still did, I never encountered such a case, domain would normally move to closeouts and/or get sniped.

I added these 2 domains into my watchlist just to test how soon they get into closeouts [they dont seem to be of any interest to buy though]. They had less than a minute while I added into my watchlist. After auction end - for few minutes the names disappeared and then showed up as 14 days to end.

og-sme [dot ] com
myjgirl [dot] net

•••
I don't know anything about GD auctions. How can I know if someone is bidding on my expired domains?

If you placed a bid on the expiring auctions domain - you would be informed in the same page if yours was outbid. They also send an email notification + you can see it in your bidding list.

•••
I added these 2 domains into my watchlist just to test how soon they get into closeouts [they dont seem to be of any interest to buy though]. They had less than a minute while I added into my watchlist. After auction end - for few minutes the names disappeared and then showed up as 14 days to end.

og-sme [dot ] com
myjgirl [dot] net
Private seller not expired one

•••
Maybe HD has switched? considering they have been exposed!
Not HD...
2020/07/05 09:20 AM (PDT) 2020/07/05 09:26 AM (PDT) Bidder 913932 $251
Comment: Automatic Bid
2020/07/05 09:20 AM (PDT) 2020/07/05 09:26 AM (PDT) Bidder 33258 $246
Comment:
2020/07/05 09:20 AM (PDT) 2020/07/05 09:26 AM (PDT) Bidder 913932 $241
2020/07/05 09:20 AM (PDT) 2020/07/05 09:26 AM (PDT) Bidder 33258 $236
2020/07/05 09:18 AM (PDT) 2020/07/05 09:26 AM (PDT) My Bid $76

Last edited:
•••
Not HD...
2020/07/05 09:20 AM (PDT) 2020/07/05 09:26 AM (PDT) Bidder 913932 $251
2020/07/05 09:20 AM (PDT) 2020/07/05 09:26 AM (PDT) Bidder 33258 $246
Comment:
2020/07/05 09:20 AM (PDT) 2020/07/05 09:26 AM (PDT) Bidder 913932 $241
2020/07/05 09:20 AM (PDT) 2020/07/05 09:26 AM (PDT) Bidder 33258 $236

919932 is indeed still Huge Domains. I continue to battle with this bidder every single day. It seems we have the same taste. I beat it on one today, and it beat me on another.

•••
I've completely given up and stopped using GD auctions now. Haven't bought a name there for months. No more stress or annoyance.

•••
What happened to bidder 1495, seems like bidder 1496 started defaulting on their bids also... I would assume the two are related.

Many people have stopped bidding, or stopped stepping into bot type bids, and getting bid up, the sniping of closeouts continues, maybe one day they will even the play field for all customers to be treated fairly. Until then many people have stopped using godaddy, might be smart given tough economic times ahead, no point paying prices higher then end users are willing to pay. Wait it out, let them spend their money, and sit on the names for years, until they need to liquidate.

Last edited:
•••
something that gives a significant advantage is biased at best illegal at worst - especially on an auction platform.

People have been calling out GD for years. Nothing has changed.

Only way to make progress is to collectively take legal action or file complaints with gov. agencies.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Imagine HD didnt know about it lol.
"I lost millions"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back