Dynadot

HUGE DOMAINS SNIPING GODADDY CLOSEOUTS

NameSilo
Watch
So annoying Godaddy hasn't stopped Huge Domains from sniping Godaddy Closeouts with their automated tools, no way a human bidder can win a even closeout.

First they were sniping with the backorders, now you cut that out, and you are letting them snipe via automated tools.

So what do you say @Joe Styler , you want to even the playing field a bit, as your partners are bidding everything in a split second, from $12, to $11, and bidding everything else into the hundreds from a simple bid. I would rather pay a Huge Domains surcharge at checkout.

Huge Domains has an unfair advantage on the auction platform, essentially taxing every user for using it with their automated access advantages given to them thru the house.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GD valuations trick many by assigning values to worthless names that are

a) non-brandable misspell of a great name (there are brandable misspells and those are valuable of course. I almost bought GlobalEnterpise.com, for example. GD put value on it higher than on many of my nice pronounceable 4L.coms, for comparison.

b) names that include a famous trademark. Not necessarily TM violation, but the only reason they are recognized as valuable is because of GD's faulty algorithm. For example, they have bunch of names on auctions/closeouts right now that are Top USA sports team + Bank.com Those worthless bs names are valued at top dollar. And then names that might include top company names also can get huge valuations. GD has to stop this practice of encouraging on potential TM infringements while profiting from it.

absolutely! I saw some names appraised for $4k that were trash and people were bidding on them for xxx. No SEO value, no quick flip end users, just a steep GD valuation.

Okay...we all know what is happening with respect to the auction vs bidding vs closeout process where no one can get a name once it has no bids (unofficially that is) due to huggy having access to the auction closeout process (I and several others used several computers over a period of time to test different methods of bidding).

Explained well here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/huge-domains-sniping-godaddy-closeouts.1135689/page-23#post-7637159

There is a mathematical ratio (algorithms if you prefer) to the buying/bidding process and it has been bugging me for a while. It seems the highest bid amount reached, once someone other than huggy started/triggered bidding, has a cap based on a value determined within their system (I don't believe there is any human oversight until/unless a certain level of bidding is reached). Tons of data out there and it is not that hard based on prior auction closings what the range is for 'ordinary' names.

So (still crunching data so still speculating alot) it is clear there is some advantage, either provided within the auction process or there is a server, operating a really well built program, doing the bidding within immediate proximity to the auction origination (server proximity is the only answer if a 'x' second lead time is not being allowed).

There is a clear point at which the huggy system will bail on bidding unless a human intervenes. I feel the operation is so large and their business model does not require this happen alot. They know that they can pay xx, xxx for a name and get low to mid xxxx for it in time...volume speaks volumes here.

I tested many auctions today (at risk of great expense to myself) to see how/when the ceiling would pop...gladly the only names I broke through on I can move without too much hold time (a couple gems) at a small profit.

It is necessary to make my motives clear here...I am a big fan and also quite jealous of huggy and the empire as far as their portfolio and sales operation works. They are an important part of holding domain name volume which helps keep pricing for all of us higher that it would be. What leaves a bitter, metallic taste in my mouth is that the playing field may not be level...ESPECIALLY when it comes to the period between auction and closeout status.

Much of this info has been mentioned before in this and other threads but had to test it all for myself. Man, my head hurts and my fingers a little numb from the activity...have to read for a while!

ADD/EDIT: I just now started reading from where I from last stopped reading and I see the API information...that would explain the access allowed by a 'volume' buyer. Having dealt with the day trade trick of renting offices by the exchange to trade on percentages, I like the (conspiracy theory) idea of a server stack nearby! :xf.smile:

Wow, hats off to you! That’s a lot of trial and error.
Thanks for the great info!

•••
Is this an HD bidder ID?
Bidder 97266
Anyone know?

•••
•••
Right. Another hoary old whale gorging on krill then.

•••
Right. Another hoary old whale gorging on krill then.
What activity are you seeing for this user, sniping closeouts, or going after auctions in high volume?

•••
He won 3 of the last 10 auctions I participated in. Neither auction action nor sample size very big, just wondering if this could be old huggy in a different skin suit.

•••
I thought the expression was two sh*ts, and we do. That is one of the reasons I spend so much time here. I want to hear what customers think and take action on that. We've implemented a lot of changes over the years from feedback on here and elsewhere directly from customers regardless of how much they spend or how many domains they have.
How about you modernize the afternic UI, it's an eyesore.

•••
I can’t believe the Huge Domain bot is bidding like the Dow is headed to 30,000 still... somebody forgot to turn off the switch on this bad boy. You think with 7 million names, and a lot of people out of work, and the economy stalled out they would lighten the pedal, but they just keep on bidding. Bid carefully because this auto snipe bot is still active, they are still gaming the $11 closeouts, so if you want a name just put the $12 bid on it, and if they outbid you make them pay the $1xx for it, don’t let them have it for $11.

•••
I can’t believe the Huge Domain bot is bidding like the Dow is headed to 30,000 still... somebody forgot to turn off the switch on this bad boy. You think with 7 million names, and a lot of people out of work, and the economy stalled out they would lighten the pedal, but they just keep on bidding. Bid carefully because this auto snipe bot is still active, they are still gaming the $11 closeouts, so if you want a name just put the $12 bid on it, and if they outbid you make them pay the $1xx for it, don’t let them have it for $11.

GD bidder IDs#: 913932 + 913933

Always check every GD auction you lose,
See if it; budgetless, should-be-illegal HD bots

Last edited:
•••
Are we allowed to publicly report auctions that HD has participated in?

Would be nice to start a thread with:
domain | date | HD final bid | winning bid

•••
I believe the APIs are out there and available right? Then just build a simple program to autobid or autobuy. Also need to wire money to godaddy to get the purchasing capability.

•••

Sure you can that’s your data.

•••
I believe the APIs are out there and available right? Then just build a simple program to autobid or autobuy. Also need to wire money to godaddy to get the purchasing capability.

Api only avail special spend 5 figures monthly.

if spend much qualify Api; likely wont betray gd

GD apologists compare to "concierge" :wtf: Dont think it out there...

Last edited:
•••

If you want to share your own ID, OK, but don't share anyone else's ID, because that's a private data.

•••
If you want to share your own ID, OK, but don't share anyone else's ID, because that's a private data.

Can we just share these two (bots) who own 7 million DNs?

Block out everyone else's #..

Bidder IDs#: 913932 + 913933. Unlimited budget, API... list goes on

Auctions are run by the machines!! How's not ethical to oust them?

Last edited:
•••
API only avail "special" spend five figures auctions monthly.

If spend that much qualify API; likely, wont betray GD.

GD apologists compare to "concierge" :wtf: Dont think it out there...

Hmmm I talked to my rep and my understanding was that you just have to wire at least 1k to be able to buy/bid. I may have misunderstood.

•••
Can we just share these two bidders (bots) who own 7 million domains?

Block out everyone else's data

GD bidder IDs#: 913932 + 913933
Well, those two ID are from the HD bot, already known by everybody bidding at GD

•••
I wonder how is this profitable business for them!

•••
Well, those two ID are from the HD bot, already known by everybody bidding at GD

Not known to everyone.

Keep forgetting #'s.. and you'd be surprised how hard it is re-find them :)

Also, one end #33.. relative new one, only #32 is the infamous one.

That's why i made sure include most recent page.. Read all 20 pages! :)

Last edited:
•••
Hmmm I talked to my rep and my understanding was that you just have to wire at least 1k to be able to buy/bid. I may have misunderstood.

Nice! important enough to have a rep, Reliable

Lower monthly threshold, is losing leverage :)

Embarrassed alienated; $xx,xxx :xf.eek: Nov 2019; who knows if changed? GD admit β€œHD bots” or granting you API access; is a miracle in itself.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I wonder that too, because I doubt spending an average of $200-$300 literally for every domain with bidders is a win game for them.

And if they lose, they make GD win a lot of bucks for a domain otherwise sold, very often, for just $20. I have been too many times bidding just against the HD bot.

•••
The profit comes when you place a $12 bid, then the bots ears perk up, and it comes, and places a $1xx proxy bid, bidder 1 bids $5, outbid, another $5 outbid, ok bids $50 now, outbid again, game on bids $100, still outbid, ok how about $150 still outbid, one more bid, now congrats your the highest bidder, bot exits, and does not bid, now effectively $12 has turned into $155, rinse and repeat tens of thousands of times, and you got a damn good business, with this bot just accelerating revenues.

Plus the bot gets to cherry pick closeouts, not as bad added bonus.

Last edited:
•••
The profit comes when you place a $12 bid, then the bots ears perk up, and it comes, and places a $1xx proxy bid, bidder 1 bids $5, outbid, another $5 outbid, ok bids $50 now, outbid again, game on bids $100, still outbid, ok how about $150 still outbid, one more bid, now congrats your the highest bidder, bot exits, and does not bid, now effectively $12 has turned into $155, rinse and repeat tens of thousands of times, and you got a damn good business, with this bot just accelerating revenues.

Plus the bot gets to cherry pick closeouts, not as bad added bonus.

I meant how it is profitable for HD not GD

•••
I meant how it is profitable for HD not GD
That's the ten million dollar question everybody wants to know.

Turn Commerce has all the dropcatch connections, they can catch any 3L.com that drops, they pretty much have a lock on most of the drops, why do they want to pour millions into their competions pockets?

Another scenario given they are the largest portfolio holder with close to 7 million names, by creating a false sense of demand in the wholesale aftermarket, it will give their retail pricing an edge by making domains sell for more than usual, so the markup by resellers has to be higher, not to undercut them.

•••
That's the ten million dollar question everybody wants to know.

Turn Commerce has all the dropcatch connections, they can catch any 3L.com that drops, they pretty much have a lock on most of the drops, why do they want to pour millions into their competions pockets?

Another scenario given they are the largest portfolio holder with close to 7 million names, by creating a false sense of demand in the wholesale aftermarket, it will give their retail pricing an edge by making domains sell for more than usual, so the markup by resellers has to be higher, not to undercut them.

I am not sure about wholesale inflation theory, I still think its not profitable business for HD. Their relationship with GD looks shady, I will not speculate but something is not right about all of this!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back