IT.COM

HUGE DOMAINS SNIPING GODADDY CLOSEOUTS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So annoying Godaddy hasn't stopped Huge Domains from sniping Godaddy Closeouts with their automated tools, no way a human bidder can win a even closeout.

First they were sniping with the backorders, now you cut that out, and you are letting them snipe via automated tools.

So what do you say @Joe Styler , you want to even the playing field a bit, as your partners are bidding everything in a split second, from $12, to $11, and bidding everything else into the hundreds from a simple bid. I would rather pay a Huge Domains surcharge at checkout.

Huge Domains has an unfair advantage on the auction platform, essentially taxing every user for using it with their automated access advantages given to them thru the house.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Huge domains operated under bidder 913932 & 913933

They don't like you taking their closeouts, and will fight for them, so far today I have made them spend $800 on domains that had no bids before they were headed to closeouts in the last 1 min, this caused a quick response bidder, with a proxy wall bid, I kept in the $1xx range, and lost them all. but made them pay about $700 more then they would have as nobody else wanted the domains at $12.

It's ok they can make the money back on dropcatch as I see the auction for RitzCarltonJapan com is close to $1xxx.

Last edited:
•••
The more I watch godaddy auctions, the more I notice how little outside competition there is without Huge Domains bids. Also they keep falling for the $12 single bid like a lemming. I place a $12 bid on a dead auction headed to close, soon enough a bidder pops up with a proxy bid, and they continue to to pay $1xx, most likely they have been getting outbid, but I have been flipping it on them, making them pay $1xx for the roll the dice going to closeout names. Try it out, you will be surprised how quickly a dead auction all the sudden becomes so popular, and valuable. They are pretty much running up every auction in contention, time to make them pay also.

Last edited:
•••
The more I watch godaddy auctions, the more I notice how little outside competition there is without Huge Domains bids.

That's the worst part for sure, nearly always 1v1 against them despite some very good names on offer.. manage to land 1 out of 20 names without them jumping in.. otherwise I do my part by constantly making $5 bids until another bot comes in and they pay $700+.. either way godaddy is winning

Last edited:
•••
This is the most annoying part of all, it's nearly always just me vs them on a ton of solid names with loads of end users.. manage to land 1 out of 20 names without them jumping in.. otherwise I do my part by constantly making $5 bids until another bot comes in and they pay $700+.. like just now 😂either way godaddy is winning mind
What was the bidder # of the bidder who you made pay $700, they are inflating the aftermarkets for sure, they are alot strong artificially then they are on paper.

•••
What was the bidder # of the bidder who you made pay $700, they are inflating the aftermarkets for sure, they are alot strong artificially then they are on paper.

I didn't bid near that amount myself, but keep going till more other autos jump in with $100/200 increases. the bidder id's you posted above + a couple of others i notice always fighting against them, once both are in it's goodbye to getting it without a massive overinvestment. Would be snatching up so many good names if not for them

•••
I didn't bid near that amount myself, but keep going till more other autos jump in with $100/200 increases. the bidder id's you posted above + a couple of others i notice always fighting against them, once both are in it's goodbye to getting it without a massive overinvestment. Would be snatching up so many good names if not for them
It’s a double edged sword given Huge Domains owns 6 million domains and growing daily, they are protecting their market by keeping aftermarket prices high so they can’t be undercut also within their own sales marketplace.

If you take the portfolio of Frank Schilling, and Mike Mann you won’t even break the 1 million domain mark to put their 6 million names into context.

They are not only using Godaddy to play offense, but defense also. You can liken it to manipulating a stock to protect your large holding position. I just don’t know what incentives godaddy is providing as they are making them tens of millions more by making $11 closeouts worth hundreds of dollars.

Last edited:
•••
Huge domains operated under bidder 913932 & 913933

They don't like you taking their closeouts, and will fight for them, so far today I have made them spend $800 on domains that had no bids before they were headed to closeouts in the last 1 min, this caused a quick response bidder, with a proxy wall bid, I kept in the $1xx range, and lost them all. but made them pay about $700 more then they would have as nobody else wanted the domains at $12.

It's ok they can make the money back on dropcatch as I see the auction for RitzCarltonJapan com is close to $1xxx.
Amazing. I was reviewing all of my auctions going back 4 years and I have battled with this number 913932 many times since Aug 2015, and yes the battle usually started after I placed the first bid of $12.

Sometimes they backed off around $30 and sometimes I battled them up to $500.

Had it not been for them I would have possibly saved my self several thousand $$$$ in auctions.

>:(

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy secretly owns HugeDomains.
They bidding on their own auctions to bid up prices.

•••
GoDaddy secretly owns HugeDomains.
They bidding on their own auctions to bid up prices.

I don't think even GoDaddy are that stupid to risk that. Their shares would plummet and they would go out of business over night if that sort of truth ever came out.

•••
I don't think even GoDaddy are that stupid to risk that. Their shares would plummet and they would go out of business over night if that sort of truth ever came out.
They wouldn't admit that sort of information in public, most likely a denial will suffice

•••
They wouldn't admit that sort of information in public, most likely a denial will suffice

Godaddy is a public company, what it owns is a public info. So, no, they don't have ownership in HD.

•••
Godaddy is a public company, what it owns is a public info. So, no, they don't have ownership in HD.

I didn't mean they own it. What I meant is that, if they have a hand in HD, like we have been speculating and suspecting their unfair relationship, they will NOT reveal that to the public.

•••
Godaddy is still quoting higher appraisals in auction, than they have on their beta appraisal page which is very strange, but I guess it adds to people paying more in auction by looking at that inflated number.

Yeah that’s not fishy at all

•••
Amazing. I was reviewing all of my auctions going back 4 years and I have battled with this number 913932 many times since Aug 2015, and yes the battle usually started after I placed the first bid of $12.

Sometimes they backed off around $30 and sometimes I battled them up to $500.

Had it not been for them I would have possibly saved my self several thousand $$$$ in auctions.

>:(
Me too...

•••
Of course godaddy is not that stupid to own huge domains directly and put it in their own godaddy name.

I’m saying...John Doe probably came upto godaddy and said I can make u guys millions in profit per month.

godaddy said ok...I’m listening...

John Doe then said I will create a company Huge Domains and bid up prices on your godaddy auctions.

No one has to know.

It’s a win win...godaddy wins and John Doe wins.

Done...simple as that.

No one gets caught.

And in the end, when things do get hot...Godaddy will pretend to buy out huge domains for $2.1 Billion with fake news.

•••
On a somewhat unrelated note, but havnt seen anyone mention it yet, GD will not be the only benefactor of HD driving auction prices up on low-grade inventory. Who else benefits? Affiliates pimping daily drop lists. Does it incentivize them to expand their list of suggested names to include more names that don’t neccessarily have great retail value, or at the very least lead them to overestimate the value of the names they are pimping due to the false market signals of the now several years worth of HD auction pumping? I bet it does. How does that impact newbie and fledgling domain investors who feed off these lists for intel and don’t yet have the hard skills to evaluate for themselves? People are always saying they don’t understand how investors can pay these inflated prices and it be sustainable. Maybe they can’t and it is the greener ones who are being inadvertently lead down the garden path.

•••
Last time I checked, GD affiliate program did not pay for aftermarket sales. At least as per public T&C. They should probably pay for non-discounted ($14.99?) renewals occuring with each expired purchase though...

•••
Last time I checked, GD affiliate program did not pay for aftermarket sales. At least as per public T&C. They should probably pay for non-discounted ($14.99?) renewals occuring with each expired purchase though...
They don’t pay out on auctions? Pretty sure they do. Why would so many bother to post these daily lists? Can’t be just for traffic alone.

•••
They don’t pay out on auctions? Pretty sure they do. Why would so many bother to post these daily lists? Can’t be just for traffic alone.
As per https://www.godaddy.com/affiliate-programs :

(disclaimers) The following items do not qualify for commission: premium domains; Sunrise/Landrush domain registrations, memberships or maintenance plans; additional disk space and bandwidth renewals; custom page layouts; GoDaddy branded merchandise products; photos or photo-related products; posters; die-cast cars; or gift cards

Are expired purchases "premium"? Who knows...

•••
No I would think premium refers to Premium Listings that sell through the registration path

•••
Yes, indeed. May also be new gtlds registry premium priced domains...

•••
Since huge domains sells alot of their already owned domains their godaddy, I bet you they get a real nice rebate on those commissions based on overall customer value, and spend. This could be a way to reward them for the over active spending on the system, with a low 5% commission on sold domains etc...instead of the typical 20%.

Last edited:
•••
Huge Names on a year end run, looks like most other bidders tap out under $100, these guys have some steep proxies set, I just cost these guys $500 on 2 auctions, and didn’t tap their proxies out. Looks like they have some bank to spend before year end. Most people seem to have given up in bidding as it seems they are not going to play their game.

•••
what were the GD appraisals on those 2 names

•••
You can do the same thing if you want. You can enter a proxy bid if you want or you can use the app to be alerted and re-bid, or you can hire programmers to create a program to bid in your account if certain rules are met that you make up in the code. We provide a platform that is available to everyone. We do limit the amount of times someone can ping us or try and place bids etc so that the auctions run smoothly and everyone gets a chance to participate. No one is doing anything anyone else cannot do.

What are the rules that a script must follow? How would I request API access for myself?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back