Dynadot

Huge amount of traffic, what to do next

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainer66

Impact
Hello guys,

Recently (about a week) I bought a domain I thought it was good name and parked it. I was shocked by the traffic amount (200k visitors within a week), and they are clicking about 1500-2000 a day. Just being parked, this domain is making almost U$2.00/day.

Here i ask for some advice. What, in this position, would you do next ?

1) Wait and see if the traffic sustain (I am suspicious it's bots, but the traffic came from different parts of the world)
2) Immediately develop (and if yes, how and what)
3) Do nothing and try to sell for big money

Any suggestion will be fully appreciated.
Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only $2 a day? Which parking provider are you using? You should be getting more.

•••
All depends on how much you paid for it :)

If you payed a bargain price, relax.

If you paid too much, yes it might be time to panic.

•••
Only $2 a day? Which parking provider are you using? You should be getting more.

Yes i thought it was too little.. I parked it at sedo, what parking company would you recommend ?

•••
•••
Try them all: bodis, parkingcrew, sedo, voodoo

If you can get a direct affiliate program that is better yet.

•••
(200k visitors within a week), and they are clicking about 1500-2000 a day. Just being parked, this domain is making almost U$2.00/day.!
$2 :xf.confused:
With that traffic you should be rolling in dough.

•••
What is the domain name?
It’s probably worthless typo traffic coming from China or India and they are paying you one cent a click.
I have a similar 4 letter domain like this patm.com
It gets lots of india typo traffic and bodis is paying only one cent per click

•••
trafik does not gurantee revenue ... so do not confuse this

go to bodis or parking crew

never park at sedo
its worst of all

•••
- unpark and find out where the traffic is coming from via Referrer: header
-- if search engine, figure out keywords and build based on those words
- check archive.org/web for what was there, if anything
-- if you can replicate it and monetize do so

•••
thanks all the friends of the community for the kind tips and answers

•••
Hello guys,

Recently (about a week) I bought a domain I thought it was good name and parked it. I was shocked by the traffic amount (200k visitors within a week), and they are clicking about 1500-2000 a day. Just being parked, this domain is making almost U$2.00/day.

Here i ask for some advice. What, in this position, would you do next ?

1) Wait and see if the traffic sustain (I am suspicious it's bots, but the traffic came from different parts of the world)
2) Immediately develop (and if yes, how and what)
3) Do nothing and try to sell for big money

Any suggestion will be fully appreciated.
Thanks!

Is it an adult name?

•••
•••
There's no way you're getting 1500 - 2000 actual clicks per day and making only $2. Even at a penny a click would be $15. - $20. Perhaps that many visitors and almost no clicks, although even that sounds wrong.

On just one of my domains I might get 5 visitors in a day and that translates to $6.17 another day for that same domain I might get 9 visitors and bring in $0.72 Sometimes that particular domain might bring in over $5. in one day.

91 visitors during a given period brought in $16.65 for that domain of mine.

etc. etc.

Your figures are completely nonsensical.

Last edited:
•••
If the domain is banned by Google and it is parked on Sedo - $2 via their Tier2 feed is absolutely realistic.

•••
Last edited:
•••
OP, what's the latest update on your name?

•••
What is the domain name?
It’s probably worthless typo traffic coming from China or India and they are paying you one cent a click.
I have a similar 4 letter domain like this patm.com
It gets lots of india typo traffic and bodis is paying only one cent per click

This might be the reason as tier 2 or 3 traffic does no good in terms of the pay terms.

•••
I'm interested in buying the domain, PM me if it is for sale.

•••
•••
^ Exactly. If you are getting $2/day with tier 1 enabled on ParkingCrew (or equivalent parking services mentioned), rest assured that most of your clicks are bots.

With that, you'd probably get banned from virtually all affiliate programs or whatever way you choose to monetize with, due to 'junk traffic'.

If it's a good domain name you can try to sell it on that merit. Otherwise there's probably not much there I'm afraid.

Last edited:
•••
care to share the name ?

if its tier1 disabled, no harm in sharing the name then ;)

•••
•••
On just one of my domains I might get 5 visitors in a day and that translates to $6.17 another day for that same domain I might get 9 visitors and bring in $0.72 Sometimes that particular domain might bring in over $5. in one day.

May I ask where do you park your domains ?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back