Dynadot

What traffic amount would you buy

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I have found a few sites around that appear to have between 1 and 30 views a month but cant seem to come across any higher :td: Is it worth buying names that have any amount of traffic even so small? or should I save my pennies looking for larger traffic? I have bought a couple and have them parked so they should make the reg fee back :)

What do you do?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As for me I purchase domain names based on the name not the traffic ;) . It depends what domain name it is aswell as the traffic :D

•••
JoshHendo said:
As for me I purchase domain names based on the name not the traffic ;) . It depends what domain name it is aswell as the traffic :D

So guess you wouldn't buy a name thats not much to look at but has a trickle of traffic?? ;)

•••
JoshHendo said:

Same here, If the name is good I can just sell it for a higher profit usually.
other wise I will just leave it parked. But I have always made more by just selling the name. :)

•••
I personally find it rather hard to make a good amount of money based on such tiny traffic.

•••
I agree. Look for good domains to start with and then the traffic will usually follow. Even if it's a small amount of traffic, you can still sell the name because it's good.

•••
yes, if you get a good domain, it will get traffic.

•••
Aim to get a good name first, then the traffic should come to it on its own, as soon as the site gets SE listed....

Thats why a lot of people buy traffic, so as to get their domain higher up in the search engines on their terms...

•••
you cn buy those ones cheaper than you work on getting traffic and sell it for more

•••
For click revenue it depends on the name, the keywords, the quality of your parking service, and the click through rate. But you can do some simple math to get an idea based on a few assumptions.

Scenario A: 30 views per month, a 25% click rate, and an average of 10 cents a click. This earns you $9/year.

Scenario B: 30 views per month, 10% click rate, and an average of 3 cents per click. This earns you $1.03/year

Which scenario do you think is more relative to your names and parking service?

•••
primacomputer said:
For click revenue it depends on the name, the keywords, the quality of your parking service, and the click through rate. But you can do some simple math to get an idea based on a few assumptions.

Scenario A: 30 views per month, a 25% click rate, and an average of 10 cents a click. This earns you $9/year.

Scenario B: 30 views per month, 10% click rate, and an average of 3 cents per click. This earns you $1.03/year

Which scenario do you think is more relative to your names and parking service?

Well the 2 I already have parked have made nearly $3 in 3 weeks so I guess A.
I have bought and parked one today that is a celeb name whom I know is about to do some major tv work so hoping to to get some traffic with that soon. :hehe:

•••
If you get one that is likely to be popular, you will get more traffic, a forum im part of has over 8000 members.

•••
Steven12 said:
If you get one that is likely to be popular, you will get more traffic, a forum im part of has over 8000 members.

I can see where the money comes from if you have them parked at sedo but even with 1 million visits a day how do you make money if it is up and running (not counting for click on advertising)?

Yes I am green D-:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back