Domain Empire

What to do with traffic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just regged an adult domain (I don't know if the name is relevant, so I'll leave that out for now). I parked it at Sedo and from day 1 I'm getting 50+ visitors a day.

I'm wondering: how can I see where the traffic is coming from? Could it be buyers from Sedo looking at the site or does Sedo filter that out? And how can I see stats if the dns servers are pointed towards Sedo?

If the traffic is from potential buyers I want to keep it on Sedo but if it's actual traffic I want to develop the site.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
kwan said:
I just regged an adult domain (I don't know if the name is relevant, so I'll leave that out for now). I parked it at Sedo and from day 1 I'm getting 50+ visitors a day.

I'm wondering: how can I see where the traffic is coming from? Could it be buyers from Sedo looking at the site or does Sedo filter that out? And how can I see stats if the dns servers are pointed towards Sedo?

If the traffic is from potential buyers I want to keep it on Sedo but if it's actual traffic I want to develop the site.

If the some one is intrested in a name, he will contact you, it is a single click with sedo. So in my opinion the trafic is from users. If there is a buyer he will contact you, at least once.

•••
kwan said:
Could it be buyers from Sedo looking at the site or ....
There is this number :
Visitors to this Sedo Listing

I thought that should be your potential buyers

•••
Silhouette said:
There is this number :
Visitors to this Sedo Listing

I thought that should be your potential buyers
Thanks for the tips guys! Stupid enough because it was available I thought it was new and didn't think of researching it further. Turns out someone just let their entire portfolio drop (found his seller page on google). This one has alexa ranking, is indexed and has a bunch of inbound links. That explains the traffic...

It's going to be another long night :zzz:

•••
kwan said:
Thanks for the tips guys! Stupid enough because it was available I thought it was new and didn't think of researching it further. Turns out someone just let their entire portfolio drop (found his seller page on google). This one has alexa ranking, is indexed and has a bunch of inbound links. That explains the traffic...

It's going to be another long night :zzz:

It was a very good pick, in that case.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back