IT.COM

How Your Web Hosting Can Affect Your Website Performance

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nile Hadwards

Account Closed
Impact
Web hosting is of course one of the most fundamental factors in determining the online performance and ultimate success of your website.There are many factors that determine the performance of your website. Before going for web hosting, you must check and double check the authenticity and capability of your web hosting service provider. Some of the major factors that affect the web site performance are listed below:

(1)If the web server used by your web hosting service provider is very slow and sluggish then you don't need to be a mastermind to know that your website will be slower to your end users compared to a website that is hosted on a fast and high performance server.
(2)The search engines do keep a note of the time that it takes for your website to load every time a browser makes a request for it.
(3)If more people leave your site too regularly then that implies that your site has nothing significant to offer to your customers.
(4)If your site is hosted on an IP that sends out spam or hosts illegal or adult web sites then your web site too will be considered of the same type.
(5)There are many web hosting providers in the market that offer servers that have less time and more downtime.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good tips.

My host shared is so slow now...I am looking for VPS so I sign up for VPS and the VPS people are so slow to answer tech support and setup. So now I am moving to another VPS.

So support time is also very important.
My shared host, keep saying, "we see no problems" and each week I have like 100 problems with site...

Just bought a vps yesterday but ...they took so long.
so now buying another one.

•••
Good tips.

My host shared is so slow now...I am looking for VPS so I sign up for VPS and the VPS people are so slow to answer tech support and setup. So now I am moving to another VPS.

So support time is also very important.
My shared host, keep saying, "we see no problems" and each week I have like 100 problems with site...

Just bought a vps yesterday but ...they took so long.
so now buying another one.

Hello,

I personally have a small VPS with igxhost.com for one of my sites. They are a fantastic provider and helped me greatly in the beginning. Their support is on live chat 90% of the time and their ticket support is available 24/7. They are pricier than some other VPS providers but it's well worth it.

Jack

•••
I agree with all issues named. But as rule people have only requirements and small budget and can't afford good web hosting service they really need

•••
I completely agree with you, but the problem (as Rob said) is the budget for a lot of people.

•••
If you are looking for quality web hosting services you should be ready to pay for this good money. That is impossible to get good hosting for $1 per month

•••
If you are looking for quality web hosting services you should be ready to pay for this good money. That is impossible to get good hosting for $1 per month

Very true - often times cheapest does not mean best.

•••
Very true - often times cheapest does not mean best.

And expensive does not mean the best.
I think it worth to talk about affordable web hosting here.

•••
google is looking into adding how fast your site loads into its search results.

•••
google is looking into adding how fast your site loads into its search results.

Hmm. I thought google paid more attention to what how good uptime is. If web site available 24/7 google indexes the one faster.

•••
That's true, quality hosting means between prices - not really expensive although it can be sometimes.

•••
And expensive does not mean the best.
I think it worth to talk about affordable web hosting here.

Though expensive does not mean the best, it often does lead to better service. Companies that charge reasonable prices for hosting plans (not like $1.00/mo) tend to offer much better service (true 24x7 support, high-end machines, better trained technicians, etc.).

•••
Though expensive does not mean the best, it often does lead to better service. Companies that charge reasonable prices for hosting plans (not like $1.00/mo) tend to offer much better service (true 24x7 support, high-end machines, better trained technicians, etc.).

That is what I wanted to say about here.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back