IT.COM

How well is the .me.uk doing and should one invest in this tld?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

should you own at least one of each tld?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • idk, im new and in awe right now

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

The Durfer

Wesley SweatmanTop Member
Impact
Ive been wondering if its worth investing in this tld, Ive picked up a few just in case, but does anyone think this is the cctld to go with and why or why not?

ref:
cheque.me.uk
cheques.me.uk
texting.me.uk

ones I picked up recently

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There will always be some exceptions but I cannot see many businesses using the .me.uk domain to run their commercial business, because they'll want a .co.uk domain. And besides. I presume .me.uk was designed for individuals, which is another reason, businesses would generally shy away from them.

•••
It is worthless and indeed not for business, just personal sites.

•••
.me can stand for more than just an individual, it could be middle east business with uk, also. could be a mega electronics corporation in the uk, etc.

•••
I have never ever seen any websites being used or advertised in any way on this extension here in the uk. Personally I would steer well clear.

•••
.me can stand for more than just an individual, it could be middle east business with uk, also. could be a mega electronics corporation in the uk, etc.

I think you are over-stretching the meaning of .me.uk into fantasy land. IMHO. OK. Comeback here and post your successes in selling your .me.uk domains. As I've said above, there will always be some exceptions. But I think you'd need to be an a first rate salesman and do a lot of cold-calling to sell a .me.uk domain to a middle eastern business in the uk or mega electronics corp, who probably already own their .co.uk domain.

•••
true, some are dreams some are cold hard cash. lol.

•••
@wesley sweatman - Your cheque(s) are your dreams and your texting seems more appropriate for a personal website. People with personal websites are notoriously not high payers for domain names. Most of the rest of the world writes cheque as check :)

•••
no America writes cheques as checks, the british world writes it cheques.

•••
And the Brits rule the world. Right? BTW I am also a Brit.

•••
America is 17 trillion in debt, who should we be following?

•••
That is precisely why we should be following them ;)

•••
•••
Back on topic. Let us know when you sell those domains, or drop them :)

•••
ok one year from now, ill let you know I dropped them. lol.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back