IT.COM

question How to you build your portfolio ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domaincor

Impact
Hi guys !

I was browsing through "Buyers Requests" section and start wondering how do you build your domain portfolios and how long do you plan to hold your domains? Do you search for the hottest industry trends i.e. CBD, crypto, EV and build your portfolio around newest trends, or it is a moment of inspiration and you buy domains because you like them (mix of industry related domains and "wannabe brads"), maybe you are industry insider working in finance, healthcare, traveling, etc. and go over very narrow niches, or you are a compulsive buyer type and just go "all in" without serious plans.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
how do you build your domain portfolios and how long do you plan to hold your domains?

It builds up like anger and I usually hold em like grudge

Do you search for the hottest industry trends i.e. CBD, crypto, EV and build your portfolio around newest trends, or it is a moment of inspiration and you buy domains because you like them (mix of industry related domains and "wannabe brads")

All of the above

maybe you are industry insider working in finance, healthcare, traveling, etc. and go over very narrow niches, or you are a compulsive buyer type and just go "all in" without serious plans.

Industry insider... Sure :sneaky:. It's just an expensive hobby. :banghead::blackeye:

victim cat.jpg

Last edited:
•••
For me, its a mix of common sense and love of a great name. I don't typically follow trends, because I'm in it for the long haul. Not to say there's no money to be had in trends, a well-thought out investment can definitely pay off. But a good name can last the ages, regardless of fads which come and go.

I personally don't like throw-away names. Otherwise, your sales will be Made-in-China; cheap and unfulfilling. I feel like compulsiveness, moments of inspiration, are dangerous to accumulating portfolio rot. Always take a day or two, even longer, of research and contemplation before spending your hard-earned money. My portfolio took years to build. And still being added to, and still being pruned.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back