IT.COM

question How to register an aged domain without losing it's age

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

yasir-G

Established Member
Impact
I've tried a lot to register an aged domain name (deleted or expired) , but whenever i do so, the age decreased to 0 yr

Let me give you an example
before i wrote this question, i was searching for an aged domain name with the keyword "seo"
And i found a unique one called SeoSpeedSight.com

It was 7 yr old domain with 1.9 BL ,139 DP, and the Alexa Rank was 142,338

So i registered it right away at namesillo

but when i did so, the results of the domain age checker shows 0 yr
And alexa ranking has disappeared

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It expired. If a domain expired it resets to 0 search engines dump it etc.

Last edited:
•••
already expired, that was named as dropped domain and longer pertain its age atribute
if you wish to pertain the age you should look domain from godaddy auction

•••
How much are you willing to spend on a seo domain?

•••
Buy aged domains on the drop.

•••
How to register an aged domain without losing it's age
And why exactly do you want/need that? What a "domain age checker" numbers, in your opinion, can do to influent domain's strength, or backlinks, or serp position, or whatever? Please reply.
And alexa ranking has disappeared
Of course. It was inflated, probably with some redirects.

Your domain is pure trash. Did you check it anyhow?

GXB7lyz.png

You should learn a lot about SEO, for not to pay again for such piece of junk more than $0. And not to worry about "domain age".

Best of luck, SEO is very exciting game.

•••
why exactly do you want/need that? .
I was planning to sell my domain at flippa, and if the domain age was less than 1 yr no one will buy it

SEO is very exciting game.

Of course it is, i actually spend a lot time doing keyword research more than watching football games

•••
I was planning to sell my domain at flippa, and if the domain age was less than 1 yr no one will buy it
No one will buy it because it's pure shit. Did you see its backlinks?

•••
No one will buy it because it's pure sh*t. Did you see its backlinks?

I think he means in general, that an aged QUALITY domain that resets to 0 years, will get bypassed by new or uninformed users who assume that the Age is actually correct and has not been reset.

•••
go with its birthyear, instead of how long someone was aging it.

•••
An expired domain that completely goes through the entire expiration process at the registrar AND registry and then gets completely dropped from the registry database (typically around 84 days after expiration, which can vary quite a bit depending on the TLD) will never retain it's "age". Effectively, once dropped from the registry database, the domain no longer exists, and when it is hand registered or drop-caught, it becomes a "new" entry in the registry database. There is no way around this.

That being said .. you can still acquire expired domains and retain their age .. but you need to acquire them before they leave the registrar portion of expiration (typically about 42 days after expiration depending on the TLD). Not all domains are available in this phase, but a majority of them are via auction. It depends on what registrar they were hosted at when they expired (for example, domains that expire at GoDaddy and many other registrars can be found at GoDaddy Auctions).

GoDaddy auctions their expired domains on Day 35 after expiration, so if someone wins it at auction (or buys it on days 36 to 40 at closeout), then instead of GoDaddy sending the expiring domain to the registry (who hold the expired domain in a blackout period of about another 42 days), GoDaddy sends it over to your account and the domain is never dropped from the registry database .. and as such keeps it's original registration data (age).

Take a look in my signature or at NameCult as every day I list hundreds of the best domains that are going to auction that day, as well as tons of domains that passed the day 35 auction and are now in "closeout", where instead of bidding against other people, you can simply buy the domains for $5 to $11.

I personally acquire over 95% of my domains via GoDaddy auctions and closeout.

Do a search for domain life-cycle .. you'll get a ton of results explaining the entire expiration process! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back