IT.COM

guide How To Make Money From Domain Parking + My Stats

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

narbuq

Top Member
Impact
Hello, fellow domainers. I decided recently to focus more on making money from domain parking rather than reaching out to potential buyers to sell domains as it became a very time-consuming job.

I was able to earn about $800 the last month from domain parking alone (Bodis + custom parking pages) and thought to share the strategy I use, plus show the stats of one of my domain names that earned $160 USD the last month (purchase price $5 USD).

Here are the stats from October 7 (the day I parked the name with Bodis) until October 31:

Screenshot (98).png

Screenshot (99).png

This is the data for 1 of my names - freebitcoin / dot / pro. I don't mind sharing the name, but don't type it in the forum, please.

I bought the name about 10 months ago or so for $5 USD. It wasn't getting any traffic until the end of September. I decided to give it a shot on Bodis and the results were pretty good for me.

I figured out what was the reason that the name was getting an insane amount of type-in traffic every day. And the reason is a website called "free bitcoinS / dot / pro" recently launched and it has about 700 organic visitors every month. A lot of people type the domain name without an S at the end.

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 20-48-10 freebitcoins.pro Traffic Analytics & Market Share Similarweb.png

Was not hard to find a couple more websites like this, register a name for $4- $5 USD (mainly .TOP and .PRO extension) and start earning some money.

The way I find such websites is by using the tool called similarweb / dot/ com.

I am looking for websites related to finance/crypto. I start the search by typing one of these words: free, top, best, hot, mega, and then I add a keyword like these ones: solana, bitcoin, crypto, invest, etc.

Here is an example of using similarweb:

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 20-52-08 freebitcoins.pro Traffic Analytics & Market Share Similarweb.png

As you can see, a site called free solana / dot / top appeared. I opened Dyna and registered the same name with an S at the end. I already earned some money from that one too.

I hope you get the idea. If there are websites that end with an S, I try to register the same name in the same extension but without an S, and vice versa.

We are living in difficult times and I know there are a lot of people struggling to make some money. It is the only reason I share this. Hope I can help someone buy some gifts for the New Year.

Be well.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for sharing such nice ideas .

•••
•••
Hello, fellow domainers. I decided recently to focus more on making money from domain parking rather than reaching out to potential buyers to sell domains as it became a very time-consuming job.

Hi

as i read it, the focus change, with intent to make money, has been successful, so far.

the domain you registered and again the intent, regardless to whether the terms are generic or not... could be said as registered "in bad faith".
posting screenshots and methods to query, is enough weight for any complaint to illustrate that argument.

i know you may want to "share", but just be aware,
of what you're putting out there.

imo....

•••
Hi

as i read it, the focus change, with intent to make money, has been successful, so far.

the domain you registered and again the intent, regardless to whether the terms are generic or not... could be said as registered "in bad faith".
posting screenshots and methods to query, is enough weight for any complaint to illustrate that argument.

i know you may want to "share", but just be aware,
of what you're putting out there.

imo....
Thanks for pointing out the "bad faith" issue. Wouldn't the ad-parking companies screen such a domain out, then? For Bodis, Above, and Parking Crew, there does seem to be a fairly rigorous screening process for the domains.

•••
Thanks for pointing out the "bad faith" issue. Wouldn't the ad-parking companies screen such a domain out, then? For Bodis, Above, and Parking Crew, there does seem to be a fairly rigorous screening process for the domains.
Hi

the comment was a precaution to what could happen, given the evidence posted.

so, no need to read more into it, than what was stated.

just saying....

imo....

•••
Thanks for this. How do you then verify ownership for listing on other sites if the domain is parked away from your registrar

•••
Thanks for this. How do you then verify ownership for listing on other sites if the domain is parked away from your registrar
Good question. For Bodis, they do have a manual verification process. It's unclear how, but once you are a verified member, they seem to do the processing without requiring text or cname modifications at the registrar level.

•••
Hi

you add the domain to your account, then change nameservers to Bodis.
that is typical verification process.

once the domain is "listed" in that account, then you can change NS for that name to wherever you want.

imo...

•••
I only register names that are common terms to avoid trademark violations.

I had one domain tesla pickups .com that was making money, but I got rid if it.

Hi, Could you please give examples of common terms?

•••
Hi, Could you please give examples of common terms?
There is nothing as common terms. If you have a typo and the domain is parked its considered Cybersquating. You can also lose the domain in an UDRP, but the chances you will get an UDRP from original URL owner are smaller than having invented words or brandable typo.

•••
•••
Thanks for this, much appreciated.

I have a domain listed on brandbucket but I noticed the domain received 5k+ unique visit in the last 90 days according to BB I was curious and decided to dig dip on it out then I found out the .co has been developed to a App store website. I changed the NS to Bodis and have been earning an average of $3 with the domain everyday since January first. Did you suggest I keep the domain parked or try to build something around it? Since 100% of the traffic is type-in traffic.

2. Did you have other methods you use to pick domain like considering backlinks and all.

Once again, this is a very informative post and thanks for sharing.

•••
Thanks for this, much appreciated.

I have a domain listed on brandbucket but I noticed the domain received 5k+ unique visit in the last 90 days according to BB I was curious and decided to dig dip on it out then I found out the .co has been developed to a App store website. I changed the NS to Bodis and have been earning an average of $3 with the domain everyday since January first. Did you suggest I keep the domain parked or try to build something around it? Since 100% of the traffic is type-in traffic.

2. Did you have other methods you use to pick domain like considering backlinks and all.

Once again, this is a very informative post and thanks for sharing.
Hello, thanks for the kind words. I did not do link-building of any kind. I only get pure type-in traffic.

When it comes to building something on top of the domain name, I would say it depends on the kind of domain name itself.

For example, I build a lot of websites (like tools websites) on top of dictionary-word domain names like ****Maker, ****Builder, etc. And I do this because these kinds of names get a good amount of type-in traffic.

But if it is a trademarked name, I would avoid doing so.

•••
Thank you for your response, much appreciated. The domain also get 100% type in traffic. Can I dm you the domain to see your opinion on either developing it or keeping it packed?

•••
Thank you for your response, much appreciated. The domain also get 100% type in traffic. Can I dm you the domain to see your opinion on either developing it or keeping it packed?
sure

•••
Did you suggest I keep the domain parked or try to build something around it? Since 100% of the traffic is type-in traffic
Hi

if, it was mine, i'd keep it parked for now.

if, the domain can be used for a commercial product or service, that is NOT in same category as the .co domain, then you could explore that option, while earning some parking revenue to offset future development costs.

imo...

•••
Did you try to park on Above to see if it's better than Bodis?
Thanks.
Why do you need parking accounts for above?
Is that to earn more revenue??

•••
Above is just a parking rotator system + the Maximizer a way to earn more money with direct ads or zero click like also bodis do...

Why do you need parking accounts for above?
Is that to earn more revenue??

•••
Here we are talking about typo traffic and there is nothing new here...
tons of people made and are still making money this way but........ i also want to point that there is not necessarily a need of a trademark to break this game.
Any active business can legally complain about a domain with an ads that is confusingly similar to their name and... they will win. Usually also a Chase & Desist letter is enough to ask to stop the ads and they win.
Btw parking services will just stop ads on it and it's over.

really congrats to the thread starter to share his way to find these typos :)

•••
Above is just a parking rotator system + the Maximizer a way to earn more money with direct ads or zero click like also bodis do...
So without adding a parking company you’ll not earn any money??

•••
If you people want to try parking, try it, no body is against, but do the math, if I park 1000 of domains and make less than 5$ per month, it's not worth it. Better to concentrate on domain sales.
Even if they will bring 50$ per month still not worth!
I can write an entire blog post about ads, they should pay us not for clicks but just for seeing ads, because for a human is enough to see the ads and not click it straight and he will remember later what he have seen and go buy it, this is what big AD corps don't tell you about human psychology.

•••
If you people want to try parking, try it, no body is against, but do the math, if I park 1000 of domains and make less than 5$ per month, it's not worth it. Better to concentrate on domain sales.
Even if they will bring 50$ per month still not worth!
I can write an entire blog post about ads, they should pay us not for clicks but just for seeing ads, because for a human is enough to see the ads and not click it straight and he will remember later what he have seen and go buy it, this is what big AD corps don't tell you about human psychology.

This is true, but also, selling domains isn't just that easy. IMO. How do you handle your domain sales? Are you reaching out to business via email and inquiring about your domains or are you listing them on GoDaddy Auctions or other sites?

•••
This is true, but also, selling domains isn't just that easy. IMO. How do you handle your domain sales? Are you reaching out to business via email and inquiring about your domains or are you listing them on GoDaddy Auctions or other sites?
I use my own website, I had them listed on Dan, Sedo, Epik but no sales happened in this 3 years. However I got only low ball offers through Bodis, need to implement Escrow into my website, but I feel if someone really wanted some of my domain, I would be contacted already.
edit: also because i have a long tongue, I like to speak what I think, I feel that all the ways to contact me are blocked, I also discovered that some of my parked domains show a temporary error, it is like the browser detects my IP and show the parked page, this would mean that real organic buyers may not see the domain parked or for sale lander, the conclusion is that those who control the world and the software we use, can make you to lose money and never make anything back.

Last edited:
•••
So without adding a parking company you’ll not earn any money??
yes above it is supposed to be used adding your parking accounts there and they rotate the traffic among the service that you keep enabled. They automatically detect on which service the domain perform better.
Then above test also your traffic with their MAXIMIZER that is basically a zero click / Direct ads with some partners they are in a deal with. Sometimes certain domains do nice revenues with the Maximizer..

•••
Back