IT.COM

guide How To Make Money From Domain Parking + My Stats

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

narbuq

Top Member
Impact
Hello, fellow domainers. I decided recently to focus more on making money from domain parking rather than reaching out to potential buyers to sell domains as it became a very time-consuming job.

I was able to earn about $800 the last month from domain parking alone (Bodis + custom parking pages) and thought to share the strategy I use, plus show the stats of one of my domain names that earned $160 USD the last month (purchase price $5 USD).

Here are the stats from October 7 (the day I parked the name with Bodis) until October 31:

Screenshot (98).png

Screenshot (99).png

This is the data for 1 of my names - freebitcoin / dot / pro. I don't mind sharing the name, but don't type it in the forum, please.

I bought the name about 10 months ago or so for $5 USD. It wasn't getting any traffic until the end of September. I decided to give it a shot on Bodis and the results were pretty good for me.

I figured out what was the reason that the name was getting an insane amount of type-in traffic every day. And the reason is a website called "free bitcoinS / dot / pro" recently launched and it has about 700 organic visitors every month. A lot of people type the domain name without an S at the end.

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 20-48-10 freebitcoins.pro Traffic Analytics & Market Share Similarweb.png

Was not hard to find a couple more websites like this, register a name for $4- $5 USD (mainly .TOP and .PRO extension) and start earning some money.

The way I find such websites is by using the tool called similarweb / dot/ com.

I am looking for websites related to finance/crypto. I start the search by typing one of these words: free, top, best, hot, mega, and then I add a keyword like these ones: solana, bitcoin, crypto, invest, etc.

Here is an example of using similarweb:

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 20-52-08 freebitcoins.pro Traffic Analytics & Market Share Similarweb.png

As you can see, a site called free solana / dot / top appeared. I opened Dyna and registered the same name with an S at the end. I already earned some money from that one too.

I hope you get the idea. If there are websites that end with an S, I try to register the same name in the same extension but without an S, and vice versa.

We are living in difficult times and I know there are a lot of people struggling to make some money. It is the only reason I share this. Hope I can help someone buy some gifts for the New Year.

Be well.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the fascinating insight. So, basically if you have a name that is close to another popular, high-traffic one, you can get potentially get substantial parking revenue.
Isn't it curious that the owners of the singular name didn't bother registering the plural version as well? To think that they even lost out on potential parking revenue....

•••
Thanks so much! Im making $1-$3 a month on parking! I would love to buy some names especially for parking. Thank you

Do you risk getting your bodis account cancelled? Is this technically cyber squatting?

Last edited:
•••
I find your post very informative and helpful. I do not know how to thank you.

•••
Do you risk getting your bodis account cancelled? Is this technically cyber squatting?
The question is, I believe, whether there is a trademark. All we do know at this point is that there is one very happy namepros member making a very tidy sum in domain parking thanks to his savvy domain choices!

•••
The question is, I believe, whether there is a trademark. All we do know at this point is that there is one very happy namepros member making a very tidy sum in domain parking thanks to his savvy domain choices!
yes, I guess if the terms are common terms and not unique to a business then all good

•••
Thanks for the fascinating insight. So, basically if you have a name that is close to another popular, high-traffic one, you can get potentially get substantial parking revenue.
Isn't it curious that the owners of the singular name didn't bother registering the plural version as well? To think that they even lost out on potential parking revenue....
That's crazy how much traffic they miss.

•••
Thanks so much! Im making $1-$3 a month on parking! I would love to buy some names especially for parking. Thank you

I only register names that are common terms to avoid trademark violations.

I had one domain tesla pickups .com that was making money, but I got rid if it.

•••
I only register names that are common terms to avoid trademark violations.

I had one domain tesla pickups .com that was making money, but I got rid if it.
thanks, yeah, thats a good idea

•••
Thanks a bunch, I just found out I have been sitting on a gold mine all this while with this info, and I actually have the .king version

•••
Thanks a bunch, I just found out I have been sitting on a gold mine all this while with this info, and I actually have the .king version
Congrats😀 I also have .KINGS of similar websites and indeed they are gold mines

•••
Congrats😀 I also have .KINGS of similar websites and indeed they are gold mines
Have you tried godaddy parking? if yes, can you compare with bodis
Thanks

•••
Have you tried godaddy parking? if yes, can you compare with bodis
Thanks
I tried godaddy for a week and there is like almost 4x - 5x difference in average daily earnings.

with sedo, things are even worse. Here is a screenshot from my sedo parking reports:

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 11-15-18 Domain Parking.png

I don't even know how to describe this. I don't park with sedo anymore. I contacted sedo multiple times to know if there is anything wrong with the parking settings but they kept saying everything is just fine. I think people bounce from sedo because of the ridiculously slow response times of their parking pages.

The best results for me are with Bodis.

•••
Thanks a lot. Is it necessary to point ns to bodis?

•••
Thanks a lot. Is it necessary to point ns to bodis?
You are welcome. No, it is also possible to point names to Bodis using CNAME records.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Did you try to park on Above to see if it's better than Bodis?
Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Did you try to park on Above to see if it's better than Bodis?
Thanks.
Not yet, but I am looking forward to testing their platform in December. Maybe I'll post the results

•••
Is ".king" a valid tld?

•••
•••
Thank you very much for sharing valuable information.

•••
First of all, Thank you for your valuable information!

Tell me, may it make sense, instead of parking on such domains, to hang a simple wordpress with an auto-filled site (or an auto-filled forum) on a topic, depending on the domain and monetize in this way?

I also see such an option for using such domains, to hang a smartlink from some partner network like lospollos

•••
First of all, Thank you for your valuable information!

Tell me, may it make sense, instead of parking on such domains, to hang a simple wordpress with an auto-filled site (or an auto-filled forum) on a topic, depending on the domain and monetize in this way?

I also see such an option for using such domains, to hang a smartlink from some partner network like lospollos
I do make money with content sites I am creating. I have tool websites like link shorteners & seo analyzers, also blogs in the tech, finance, and crypto niches.

However, I am not planning to build a website on top of the name I mentioned in this thread.

In my experience, the effort is not worth it for this kind of names.

•••
thank you for sharing this @narbuq i have never heard of bodis before
i have some domains parked and i havent earn a $...
i will try and test out, using your information

sorry beginner question, can you have a domain parked in two sites at the same time???... i guess you cant but still i need to ask .

again thank you for this post.

Last edited:
•••
thank you for sharing this @narbuq i have never heard of bodis before
i have some domains parked and i havent earn a $...
i will try and test out, using your information

sorry beginner question, can you have a domain parked in two sites at the same time???... i guess you cant but still i need to ask .

again thank you for this post.
The parking has to be at one site only, pointed by the Nameserver that you designate using your registrar.
Good luck with trying the parking, and feel free to give an update in the near future.

Last edited:
•••
Back