Domain Empire

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any reason why?

Friday and Thursday thinking about the coming weekend. Monday and Tuesday thinking about the prior weekend. lol

•••
You should skip Mondays because a business will be catching up from the weekend and have a ton of emails to go thru. Tuesday is better and by Wednesday they should be all caught up and more receptive.
I have heard late afternoon on Fridays is good to call but I am not sure I believe that one.

I have got more responses and sales from outgoing emails on Wednesdays for sure.

•••
Any reason why?

Monday - People are just getting back to work, many distractions
You should skip Mondays because a business will be catching up from the weekend and have a ton of emails to go thru. Tuesday is better and by Wednesday they should be all caught up and more receptive.
I have heard late afternoon on Fridays is good to call but I am not sure I believe that one.

I have got more responses and sales from outgoing emails on Wednesdays for sure.

Yes - beginning of the week bad.

Middle of the week - good.

End of the week - OK.

•••
use source of google and domain broker

•••
•••
How to contact end users that use whois quard,and they have masked emails?

If they're behind WHOIS privacy, then one of your best metrics for determining the quality of the lead -- ie. that they own lots of generics/related domains -- is out the door. That said, if they're still a qualified prospect, use the contact information available on their website or social media presence.

Frank

•••
What do you guys think about contacting an end user Lawyer? Would you recommend it?

•••
•••
Resurrecting this great thread

Do you think it would be weird to text a buyer at the number they left in the offer form? They put $500 but haven't responded to my email which I sent about a week ago.
Calling would be better, but I'm not great on the phone.
I think I remember reading someone sold one by text. But maybe the buyer texted them out of the blue.

Maybe the problem was that I said I accept their offer. Or something else I said.
But I had sent outbound emails before for this domain and at the time wasn't bothering to record who I sent to (really stupid, I know). I could have contacted these people through their contact us form (because of whois privacy and no email on the site) and forgotten. (So I have no record in my sent emails).
I think I quoted around $1000 initially.

Maybe they just changed their mind about buying.

•••

Do you think it would be weird to text a buyer at the number they left in the offer form? They put $500 but haven't responded to my email which I sent about a week ago.
I think I remember reading someone sold one by text. But maybe the buyer texted them out of the blue.

Maybe the problem was that I said I accept their offer. Or something else I said.
But I had sent outbound emails before for this domain and at the time wasn't bothering to record who I sent to (really stupid, I know). I could have contacted these people through their contact us form (because of whois privacy and no email on the site) and forgotten. (So I have no record in my sent emails).

text them, nothing to lose.

•••

Smells of desperation; people in power avoid this like the plague.

•••

Just text them..you have domain, they have some cash, lets exchange that, that's it..nothing complicated :)

•••
Individual emails takes away the first impression it's spam. However, I have sent to 3 people if I know they are direct competitors in the same market, AND they will recognize the other person/company. No one likes to think a competitor may get some advantage over them with good generic domain that they don't have. If it's a large industry, they don't know each other, or they compete in different geographic markets it has no use though.[/QUOTE]

Hello,

How do you let them know that you are also offering to their competitors? Do you say it in the email like "I am also offering this to xxx"?

Thanks

•••
look the key to a sale is finding the right buyer for the domain. next step is finding it's right and most appropriate contact . Once you get that try convincing him by continously following him up and sell him/her

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
It's in archive.org. It might be pretty slow to load, but it does eventually.
http://web.archive.org/web/20150215...g-domains-for-end-users-a-simple-cheat-sheet/

Thanks! :)

By the way, do you know if buydomains.com actually buy names from individuals on top of providing listing service?

I have been reading the thread since its very beginning and a member (@JoshuaPz) said that buydomains.com did such thing, but it was in 2009, so I am wondering if they are still doing it.

Last edited:
•••
Just wanted to say that I have used Federer's simple pitch email letter and 2h latter I have gotten a "how much" reply. I am surprised to see that the reply came from a [email protected].
Now I sent a reply and waiting to see if we agree on a price.
It is a keyword rich dot com domain and I asked for a modest sum.
Will keep everybody posted.

Could you post his email template again?

I copied and pasted his URL but it led to something very different and even when I tried using wayback machine the content was not it.

Thanks !:)

•••
•••
Could you post his email template again?

I copied and pasted his URL but it led to something very different and even when I tried using wayback machine the content was not it.

Thanks !:)

That was back in 2009...it's 2017 now.
EVERYTHING has changed, actually everything changes every couple months in the domaining world.
Back then a lot more endusers would REPLY and BUY much easier, now you have to HUSTLE for the sale, follow-up etc.

I get a lot of messages in my inbox, people asking me my sales pitch.There's a misconception that the sales template/pitch letter is what makes the sale and that is very wrong!

Here are a few tips starting from the most important:

1.Quality of domains.(if you are trying to sell crap nobody will reply, actually even if you have a decent name you may not get a reply right away....hint you have to hustle more)
2.DO NOT use mass mailing software, YES you need to send emails 1 at a time
3.Your initial pitch should be short and sweet as in 3-4max sentences and should include a PRICE always(the sweet spot is the $150-$700 range)
3.Use email tracking(mailtrack.io, bananatag etc) to pinpoint the "shy yet most likely interested" potential buyers;
4.Follow-up within 2-3 days if you get no replies the first day you sent out the email. You can followup by let's say dropping the price a bit, or get creative. You could simply say: "What can I do to make this work? Let's talk about it."
5.IF you still don't get a reply or sale DONT PANIC!(only 1-5ish domains will sell the first time), wait 20-30days and follow-up again with the people that opened your initial pitch let's say 2,3,4etc times(HINT email tracking! USE it! Don't be a caveman.)
My followups go something like this:
"I was thinking about you when I was going over some older opportunities specifically regarding XXXX.com domain name. What is stopping you? Pricing? or Do you happen to have unanswered questions regarding the domain transfer/purchase process? "
What this does is a couple of things:1.You make it personal and you try to built rapport. 2.You make them feel important, and we all want to feel important right?
SO I get a lot of replies...I like to think that I have it down to a science, and heck after 10 years of domaining I still learn, read, and improve my process every single day.

If you walk away today after you read this post I want you to remember this: sending out countless emails/trying 100s of pitch letters WITHOUT developing a process, following up and hustling will NET you 0 sales in your outbound approach.

So there you have it, that's my outbound approach and that's how I make 3-5 domain name sales every single week!

Kindly DO NOT pm me and ask me 100s of questions as I will simply point you to this post again. I gave you the tools now get to work. :))

Last edited:
•••
That was back in 2009...it's 2017 now.
EVERYTHING has changed, actually everything changes every couple months in the domaining world.
Back then a lot more endusers would REPLY and BUY much easier, now you have to HUSTLE for the sale, follow-up etc.

I get a lot of messages in my inbox, people asking me my sales pitch.There's a misconception that the sales template/pitch letter is what makes the sale and that is very wrong!

Here are a few tips starting from the most important:

1.Quality of domains.(if you are trying to sell crap nobody will reply, actually even if you have a decent name you may not get a reply right away....hint you have to hustle more)
2.DO NOT use mass mailing software, YES you need to send emails 1 at a time
3.Your initial pitch should be short and sweet as in 3-4max sentences and should include a PRICE always(the sweet spot is the $150-$700 range)
3.Use email tracking(mailtrack.io, bananatag etc) to pinpoint the "shy yet most likely interested" potential buyers;
4.Follow-up within 2-3 days if you get no replies the first day you sent out the email. You can followup by let's say dropping the price a bit, or get creative. You could simply say: "What can I do to make this work? Let's talk about it."
5.IF you still don't get a reply or sale DONT PANIC!(only 1-5ish domains will sell the first time), wait 20-30days and follow-up again with the people that opened your initial pitch let's say 2,3,4etc times(HINT email tracking! USE it! Don't be a caveman.)
My followups go something like this:
"I was thinking about you when I was going over some older opportunities specifically regarding XXXX.com domain name. What is stopping you? Pricing? or Do you happen to have unanswered questions regarding the domain transfer/purchase process? "
What this does is a couple of things:1.You make it personal and you try to built rapport. 2.You make them feel important, and we all want to feel important right?
SO I get a lot of replies...I like to think that I have it down to a science, and heck after 10 years of domaining I still learn, read, and improve my process every single day.

If you walk away today after you read this post I want you to remember this: sending out countless emails/trying 100s of pitch letters WITHOUT developing a process, following up and hustling will NET you 0 sales in your outbound approach.

So there you have it, that's my outbound approach and that's how I make 3-5 domain name sales every single week!

Kindly DO NOT pm me and ask me 100s of questions as I will simply point you to this post again. I gave you the tools now get to work. :))
so whats your pitch :xf.grin:

•••
so whats your pitch :xf.grin:

LOL

This is what I used today:
"Hello,
Would you be interested in acquiring D*e*n*t*a*l*I*m*p*l*a*n*t*s*L*o*s*A*n*g*e*l*e*s*.net ?
The price for this domain is $395.
Please let me know if you would be interested in this opportunity as I am reaching out to a few other dental offices in your area.
Cheers! "

By the way the domain is now pending sale.......
AGAIN is not about the pitch...it's about the domain, your approach and hustle!
Is this .net name worth $395? I think so since dental implants are not cheap in L.A.
Reg fee name for me :xf.wink:

•••
LOL

This is what I used today:
"Hello,
Would you be interested in acquiring D*e*n*t*a*l*I*m*p*l*a*n*t*s*L*o*s*A*n*g*e*l*e*s*.net ?
The price for this domain is $395.
Please let me know if you would be interested in this opportunity as I am reaching out to a few other dental offices in your area.
Cheers! "

By the way the domain is now pending sale.......
AGAIN is not about the pitch...it's about the domain, your approach and hustle!
Is this .net name worth $395? I think so since dental implants are not cheap in L.A.
Reg fee name for me :xf.wink:
Lol I agree I was just messing wi you. Nice flip

•••
...So there you have it, that's my outbound approach and that's how I make 3-5 domain name sales every single week!
Interesting and very impressive! (y)

On what size portfolio is this?

•••
Interesting and very impressive! (y)

On what size portfolio is this?

Very small, about 380names. Most are long term investment.
I only do outbound marketing on my reg fee names for cash flow....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back