IT.COM

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Some of them have read the email 2-10 times but I haven't gotten any reply yet

You shouldn't 100% trust these numbers... You can receive an additional notification even if your email wasn't opened. I've already found this by using another email address on my phone.

•••
Yeah...i used streak

You shouldn't 100% trust these numbers... You can receive an additional notification even if your email wasn't opened. I've already found this by using another email address on my phone.

Yes I see this flaw on streak and contactmonkey. Boomerang is more reliable one. The downside of Boomerang is, there is no mail merge feature...

•••
Very good tips in this post! Special for me once I am new on this :xf.smile:

•••
•••
•••
you have to be patient with replies. there's no telling when

•••
That was back in 2009...it's 2017 now.
EVERYTHING has changed, actually everything changes every couple months in the domaining world.
Back then a lot more endusers would REPLY and BUY much easier, now you have to HUSTLE for the sale, follow-up etc.

I get a lot of messages in my inbox, people asking me my sales pitch.There's a misconception that the sales template/pitch letter is what makes the sale and that is very wrong!

Here are a few tips starting from the most important:

1.Quality of domains.(if you are trying to sell crap nobody will reply, actually even if you have a decent name you may not get a reply right away....hint you have to hustle more)
2.DO NOT use mass mailing software, YES you need to send emails 1 at a time
3.Your initial pitch should be short and sweet as in 3-4max sentences and should include a PRICE always(the sweet spot is the $150-$700 range)
3.Use email tracking(mailtrack.io, bananatag etc) to pinpoint the "shy yet most likely interested" potential buyers;
4.Follow-up within 2-3 days if you get no replies the first day you sent out the email. You can followup by let's say dropping the price a bit, or get creative. You could simply say: "What can I do to make this work? Let's talk about it."
5.IF you still don't get a reply or sale DONT PANIC!(only 1-5ish domains will sell the first time), wait 20-30days and follow-up again with the people that opened your initial pitch let's say 2,3,4etc times(HINT email tracking! USE it! Don't be a caveman.)
My followups go something like this:
"I was thinking about you when I was going over some older opportunities specifically regarding XXXX.com domain name. What is stopping you? Pricing? or Do you happen to have unanswered questions regarding the domain transfer/purchase process? "
What this does is a couple of things:1.You make it personal and you try to built rapport. 2.You make them feel important, and we all want to feel important right?
SO I get a lot of replies...I like to think that I have it down to a science, and heck after 10 years of domaining I still learn, read, and improve my process every single day.

If you walk away today after you read this post I want you to remember this: sending out countless emails/trying 100s of pitch letters WITHOUT developing a process, following up and hustling will NET you 0 sales in your outbound approach.

So there you have it, that's my outbound approach and that's how I make 3-5 domain name sales every single week!

Kindly DO NOT pm me and ask me 100s of questions as I will simply point you to this post again. I gave you the tools now get to work. :))

Very informative post, thanks a ton.

I got a question, do you follow up end-users who reply or even the ones who opened the email...

•••
Very informative post, thanks a ton.

I got a question, do you follow up end-users who reply or even the ones who opened the email...

Both!

•••
google the keyword and mail the people who use domain similar to the keywords

•••
•••
How to create a escrow.com buy it now link for the buyer

•••
If you log in, there's a "Buttons" tab, and you can create an "Express Cart" one.
Then they give you some HTML. So you can just copy the link from inside that if you don't need the HTML.

•••
If you log in, there's a "Buttons" tab, and you can create an "Express Cart" one.
Then they give you some HTML. So you can just copy the link from inside that if you don't need the HTML.

Can also be done through Bodis lander.

•••
Just find a site that's got nearly the same keywords as your domain and contact your proprietor and and then offer it.

•••
Yes I see this flaw on streak and contactmonkey. Boomerang is more reliable one. The downside of Boomerang is, there is no mail merge feature...
i Guess I will try boomerang then

•••
I read somewhere that you should follow up after 1 or 2 days
For those that have tried it, what's your pitch like?

Last edited:
•••
Is there any of those software that can prevent mail from entring spam or trash? Or when the mail are not opened how do one know if it is in the trash or spam box ?

•••
Is there any of those software that can prevent mail from entring spam or trash? Or when the mail are not opened how do one know if it is in the trash or spam box ?
I don't think there is anything like that..

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
What I mean is to know if the mail you sent to someone is to know if either end up in spam box of the receiver. or trashed.Can mail-tester do that?

Thanks
yeah, I understood your question. No, it can't, it just helps you to make your email clean as possible

•••
AFAIK there is no tool to find out if email went to spam box. Only if they marked it spam and if they opened it.
Even with the open stat tho, There might be 10-20% of people that have their email set to block images, and if so then the tracking pixel won't fire and even if they open you won't see that it was opened.

•••
How do I track mails to see if it has been read on boomerang

•••
Great information! Thank you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back