Dynadot

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That was back in 2009...it's 2017 now.
EVERYTHING has changed, actually everything changes every couple months in the domaining world.
Back then a lot more endusers would REPLY and BUY much easier, now you have to HUSTLE for the sale, follow-up etc.

I get a lot of messages in my inbox, people asking me my sales pitch.There's a misconception that the sales template/pitch letter is what makes the sale and that is very wrong!

Here are a few tips starting from the most important:

1.Quality of domains.(if you are trying to sell crap nobody will reply, actually even if you have a decent name you may not get a reply right away....hint you have to hustle more)
2.DO NOT use mass mailing software, YES you need to send emails 1 at a time
3.Your initial pitch should be short and sweet as in 3-4max sentences and should include a PRICE always(the sweet spot is the $150-$700 range)
3.Use email tracking(mailtrack.io, bananatag etc) to pinpoint the "shy yet most likely interested" potential buyers;
4.Follow-up within 2-3 days if you get no replies the first day you sent out the email. You can followup by let's say dropping the price a bit, or get creative. You could simply say: "What can I do to make this work? Let's talk about it."
5.IF you still don't get a reply or sale DONT PANIC!(only 1-5ish domains will sell the first time), wait 20-30days and follow-up again with the people that opened your initial pitch let's say 2,3,4etc times(HINT email tracking! USE it! Don't be a caveman.)
My followups go something like this:
"I was thinking about you when I was going over some older opportunities specifically regarding XXXX.com domain name. What is stopping you? Pricing? or Do you happen to have unanswered questions regarding the domain transfer/purchase process? "
What this does is a couple of things:1.You make it personal and you try to built rapport. 2.You make them feel important, and we all want to feel important right?
SO I get a lot of replies...I like to think that I have it down to a science, and heck after 10 years of domaining I still learn, read, and improve my process every single day.

If you walk away today after you read this post I want you to remember this: sending out countless emails/trying 100s of pitch letters WITHOUT developing a process, following up and hustling will NET you 0 sales in your outbound approach.

So there you have it, that's my outbound approach and that's how I make 3-5 domain name sales every single week!

Kindly DO NOT pm me and ask me 100s of questions as I will simply point you to this post again. I gave you the tools now get to work. :))
Words on marble. Just the hint I have been looking for.Thank you.please one question, how long do you spend looking for endusers for one domain you intend doing outbound marketing?.

•••
Depends on the name......30-40min, sometimes I split it in 2 days. I send some emails one day and the other half of my list the next.

•••
Here is my take.

In order for me to get better at this you have to be able to negotiate to the "yes" (ABC). There is a book that was recommended on this forum which is a GREAT read "Never split the difference. Negotiate as you life depended on it" by Chris Voss.

Business owners do not generally know how to pick a domain name and are not sure why a domain name strategy is important. So, when you see "DomainName - whaterver.org" WOW, they really picked a good domain name. That is a potential client.

Reminder: Build the relationship and then make the sale.

Finding end users:
1. Google
2. Zfbot
3. Spyfu
4. Zoominfo
5. News and Radio

Tools:
Boomerang for gmail - Schedule emails at night and send in the morning
Streak for gmail - manage emails and lets you know who's viewed your email. Do a quick reply or phone call
email-format.com - if you cannot figure out the email format
whois.sc

email template:

Hope are doing well. My name is Rafael and my company owns the following domain name(s):

HoustonPersonalChef.com

Price: $$$$ US Buy It Now

We currently decided to sell this domain name and find potential clients that can benefit from this domain name. While doing a search , your company came up.

A domain name strategy is an important part of your overall digital strategy to be ahead of your competition and gain additional customers. Do you agree? Is so, get the domain name before someone else does.

If are you interested, please reply with your best offer. I am sure we can find a price that meets both our needs.

I hope this helps.

•••
Words on marble. Just the hint I have been looking for.Thank you.please one question, how long do you spend looking for endusers for one domain you intend doing outbound marketing?.

Here is my take.

In order for me to get better at this you have to be able to negotiate to the "yes" (ABC). There is a book that was recommended on this forum which is a GREAT read "Never split the difference. Negotiate as you life depended on it" by Chris Voss.

Business owners do not generally know how to pick a domain name and are not sure why a domain name strategy is important. So, when you see "DomainName - whaterver.org" WOW, they really picked a good domain name. That is a potential client.

Reminder: Build the relationship and then make the sale.

Finding end users:
1. Google
2. Zfbot
3. Spyfu
4. Zoominfo
5. News and Radio

Tools:
Boomerang for gmail - Schedule emails at night and send in the morning
Streak for gmail - manage emails and lets you know who's viewed your email. Do a quick reply or phone call
email-format.com - if you cannot figure out the email format
whois.sc

email template:

Hope are doing well. My name is Rafael and my company owns the following domain name(s):

HoustonPersonalChef.com

Price: $$$$ US Buy It Now

We currently decided to sell this domain name and find potential clients that can benefit from this domain name. While doing a search , your company came up.

A domain name strategy is an important part of your overall digital strategy to be ahead of your competition and gain additional customers. Do you agree? Is so, get the domain name before someone else does.

If are you interested, please reply with your best offer. I am sure we can find a price that meets both our needs.

I hope this helps.

I like the tools you use and I had good experience with Boomerang and Streak.
This is my constructive criticism regarding your pitch:

I find your pitch rather confusing. The majority of business owners don't know what a "domain name strategy is" and could care less as they already have a domain and website. I would say something like "you can use this domain for lead gen, inquiry forms etc to attract new clients"

Also asking someone to reply with a best offer after you included a BIN price, will result in low ball $50-$100 offers....and you are leaving money on the table.

What's your followup pitch??? What will you say if you already asked for a best offer in your initial pitch?

Last edited:
•••
Here is my take...
Very instructional, thank you. I have a few things to add:

- you might want to have an English native speaker/editor proof read your email template. It's comprehensible, but a mess in terms of both grammar and style. Read: not entirely professional.
Examples: We currently decided... or A domain name strategy is... followed with Do you agree?
Sorry, can't help but cringe reading that :banghead:

- speaking of native speakers, we have templates in major languages, with more coming. don't realize this: most people in this world are not, repeat not, native speakers of English, if at all.

- not all domains are created equal. One generic template doesn't cut it!

- try sending letters by snail mail. Sure, that costs a little money, but worth every penny in terms of deliverability, that is putting your offer in front of decision makers. I know this will sound sacriligous to most people here, but I'm from a different era and appreciate a paperback or letter on a piece of real paper, as opposed to an ebook or email message. A great many decision makers you are trying to reach are, well, like me :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
@domains wanted
Why would you assume that I am not a native speaker? That is a quick judgement because of my name.

Focus on the pitch not on the person.

•••
@domains wanted
Why would you assume that I am not a native speaker? That is a quick judgement because of my name.

probably because you wrote "hope are doing well"

•••
Please how do I get the escrow buy it now link??

•••
•••
some nice tips on here ! thanks for sharing everyone :)

•••
@domains wanted
I was focusing strictly on the pitch, that is on the grammar and style, or rather lack thereof, of your letter. I hadn't paid attention to your name.

So sorry, I meant to help, not to offend in any way :bag:

Last edited:
•••
Google, bing and duck duckgo

•••
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief
Use synonyms in google search for probable buyers

•••
Use google and try to find legitimate contact details of the end users.

•••
Has anybody any experience offering a domain portfolio to pr agencies?
It seems to me a good method to sell but I never tried it.

•••
Google, Bing, Superpages, craigslist(businesses post ads there), Angie's List(its free now)
I am sure Facebook is big but I have never got into it. I really need to tho.

•••
use your domain as a keyword and target related domain end users,best way

•••
Analyze the domain name itself

•••
•••
Google, Bing, Superpages, craigslist(businesses post ads there), Angie's List(its free now)
I am sure Facebook is big but I have never got into it. I really need to tho.
Nice!

•••
yes look for whether or not the name has traction in terms of social media and trends

•••
.how long after you sent the sakes letter to end users did you start getting replies?
I have sent these letters to some potential interested parties...Some of them have read the email 2-10 times but I haven't gotten any reply yet

•••
...I have sent these letters to some potential interested parties...Some of them have read the email 2-10 times but I haven't gotten any reply yet
What do you use to send the emails?
How do you know how many times they have read them? (n)

•••
.how long after you sent the sakes letter to end users did you start getting replies?
I have sent these letters to some potential interested parties...Some of them have read the email 2-10 times but I haven't gotten any reply yet

It depends, if they are really interested, sometimes they reply immediately, sometimes it reads more than once. It shows that the email maybe forwarded to relevant department within their company and if they choose to buy it, they'll respond to your email...

•••
What do you use to send the emails?
How do you know how many times they have read them? (n)
You could use one of these chrome extension.
Boomerang, Streak, HubSpot, Contactmonkey, etc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back