IT.COM

How should I start with little budget? New reg or expired?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hoobagames

Impact
I am a complete newbie here. How should I start this domain flipping business? Should I reg new domain name that have decent appraisal or actually start with backorder expired domain name that has existing traffic and Backlinks? I have very little budget, like around $100 or so.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should read until you don't need to answer any of these questions and you actually know what a bargin is. Any money you spend now will be lost.

•••
You should watch every single episode of DomainSherpa. Take notes. Don't buy a single domain until you do. You will be better off that 98% of people on this forum.

•••
I Just wanna tell you that keep learning Until you get better...

•••
•••
I would recommend you to:

1. Spend at least an hour a day for one month to study the art of domaining.

2. Start to try to get decent to good names by snapping expired names. At platforms such as Dropcatch, Hexonet, Snapnames, Dynadot, Namejet etc.

I am making a decent income this way.

Best of luck!

•••
domains take years to master... of very hard work...so in beginning...u should just read namepros... follow trends....and watch namebio sales... the idea would basically be to do this until u no longer need to ask others how to begin or what to reg... then thatll be yer domaining start... gl

•••
1) buy 10 domains you think are great. DO NOT spend more than $15 per domain name
2) come back here to NP and ask for appraisals of your new domains
3) spend the next week hating yourself for buying mostly terrible domains
4) put your domains up for sale everywhere, set them to not renew
5) Read the NP forum every day and learn as much as you can to improve on your domain buying skills

You think I am kidding, but I am not. Buying some garbage names will make you want to learn to do better. You will also get the chance to learn about all the sales platforms, pricing, traffic, etc that you CANNOT do without actually owning some domains.

A few bad domains as a start is a motivator. If you get lucky and actually reg some gems at the start, too bad, you learned nothing about the pain and misery of being a domainer.

Good luck and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited:
•••
Good luck and may God have mercy on your soul.
I think you meant - Good luck and may God have mercy on your credit card!

•••
I am a complete newbie here. How should I start this domain flipping business? Should I reg new domain name that have decent appraisal or actually start with backorder expired domain name that has existing traffic and Backlinks? I have very little budget, like around $100 or so.

I have seen a lot of people buying dot com ones expired on expireddomains. Good idea. Buy good domains there, which already have a few tlds taken and then wait for anyone of those tld owners to upgrade to your dot com name. I guess this strategy works in low budget if you can work hard here.
The list gets updated at late night according to my time, so I am not into this. I tried to be frank, but being up that late in night ruins the next day.
Good luck

•••
As others have said start slowly. While learning pick some names to consider (but dont buy them yet) and analyze them every way possible - who would want them, how popular term is, cost, similar sales, other extensions registered, advertiser stats.etc.

When you feel ready and have analyzed some names and one really excites you, and you sleep on it and like it even more, get your first domain.

The very best wishes for success, and welcome.

Bob

•••
Start with one purchase. Research the potential buyers prior to purchasing. If you can easily generate a large list of potential buyers, then you know there are many possible buyers. Sell that one name and turn the proceeds into 2-3 more great quality names, then repeat!

•••
•••
What do you mean?

Depending on the use, search popularity, cost per click for the term, number of online advertisers, etc may be important, for example if someone plans to use the domain for an Adsense (or similar) monetized site. Estibot provide these measures in an easy to understand format.
Bob

•••
Back