NameSilo

How much to counter for this .in domain name?

Labeled as advice in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by NamesNewbie, Oct 12, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. NamesNewbie

NamesNewbie Established Member

I got an offer of $100 for m o b i l e c o v e r s . i n today. It's a huge keyword getting over 90k exact searches every month and a lot of related searches as well. It has solid commercial value too imo as it's a very popularly sold item online in India, although the product cost is on the lower side.

I'm not really sure how much to counter as it's my first offer on a .in domain name. So really looking to get some insight from some of the more experienced of you guys around here, especially those with more experience with .in domains.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. chenzen

chenzen Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I would not let it go for less than $1000.
    But you are probably dealing with an Indian end user. So, I would be very careful with pricing if you are looking to really sell it.

3. NamesNewbie

Yeah I was really thinking to not let it go for less than $700. The buyer is from India and I do have a strong feeling they would be on a smaller budget, but I'm not desperately looking to sell it. I'm fine with holding longer as I think this product niche is only going to grow in India.

4. chenzen

chenzen Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Yeah, they would probably have to sell just 750 mobile covers to cover (assuming Rs 100/item profit) the $1000 price they paid you. If you calculate it that way, sky is the limit :)
    But then there's always an option of going for brandable domains. Of course, nothing can defeat a keyword domain, but the end user may just think that he will spend the money on advertisements instead.

5. Shyam12

Shyam12 Established Member

They might also be a reseller as well,right? If you think he is an end user try countering with $700 because you are planning to hold it longer too, then why not try countering him and trying sell at your planned price.

6. ramkumaritrvs

ramkumaritrvs Happiest man in the world PRO VIP

I suggest $698 ~ $1488 price range.

Goodluck (y)

7. Digital Kush

Digital Kush Restricted (33% DM)

I got Zty.in how much I can expect?

8. Fayyaz Ali

Fayyaz Ali New Member

i would not let it go less $500.

9. NamesNewbie

Thank you everyone who replied - I really appreciate your insight and help! :)

10. CamMK27

CamMK27 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I would counter at least $1500 and not sell it below $1000-$1200

11. NamesNewbie

I wish you had replied a little sooner. :D It would have given me more reasons to consider quoting a higher price. But I ended up closing this one at a little over $600 on installment payments.

12. CamMK27

CamMK27 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I replied when I saw the thread :)

But this is a lesson learnt. Never be in a hurry to sell a decent domain at a low price. But in the first reply you were suggested to not let it go below $1000. I am not sure why would you not sell it at least at $1000

13. NamesNewbie

Yeah that's true. I'm thankful to everyone who replied.

Yes, it's definitely a lesson learnt. I'll now make sure I don't sell such good domains in a hurry. Thanks for your insight.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice