IT.COM

reviews How much do the top companies and businesses in Domain Industry care about the Humanity and the Environment.

NameSilo
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
Where do some of the most well known companies and businesses in the domain Industry fall when it comes to Humanitarian and Environmental causes and support for activists and nonprofit organizations.

I take pride in having had started some of the first Humanitarian and Environmental threads here on NamePros which I hope have had a positive effect in creating more awareness in this community and beyond.

We have been rating different companies and businesses in the domain Industry throughout the years as far as their overall performance and customer service, but this being a domaining forum it just occurred to me how do some of the most well-known and popular Registrars, Registries, and other Companies and Businesses that are associated with the Domain Industry stack up when it comes to their participation and support of Humanitarian and Environmental causes and activities.

It will be interesting to know what the CEOs and Executives in our Industry are doing to help the Humanity and the Environment. Who is going to get an A and who is going to get a D in their overall contributions to the well being of the World (in addition to making a profit for their company and shareholders).

(Needless to say those who have been damaging the Planet and shooting endangered animals or taking food and medicine away from starving children automatically get an F)

Thread Rules:
Everyone’s opinion is welcomed, but keep your comments constructive, professional, and on topic. Personal attacks and belittling of others are not tolerated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Big question. I don't know what top domainers are doing, with regards to their contributions towards humanity / the environment. Selling certain quality "COM" domain names to select buyers, who then in turn create business, research or do "good" in general with a brand...a contribution, on some level.

Climate
Climate Change
Greenhouse
Humanity
Environment
Global Warming
Deforestation
Sustainability
Ecosystem
Biodiversity
Weather

To develop either one of the above terms in "COM", you are an influence on the internet for the term, and can indirectly control some aspects of the direction you want to take it, being views / ideas that you may have...and that's a pretty big deal, with regards to getting things done. Getting such a domain, negotiating, leasing or buying is a different story. Chances are, I'd call you if I had the means to own one, in a hypothetical world, given your passion for these issues. The power of "COM" to influence, on matters that you care about.

Last edited:
•••
Big question, hard to answer.

I don't know what top domainers are doing, with regards to their contributions towards humanity / the environment. Maybe selling certain quality "COM" domain names to specific buyers, who then in turn create business, research or do "good" in general.

Climate
Climate Change
Greenhouse
Humanity
Environment
Global Warming
Deforestation
Sustainability
Ecosystem
Biodiversity
Weather

To develop either one of the above terms in "COM", you are an influence on the internet for the term, and can indirectly control some aspects of the direction you want to take it, being views / ideas that you may have...and that's a pretty big deal, with regards to getting things done. Getting such a domain, negotiating, leasing or buying is a different story. Chances are, I'd call you if I was fortunate enough to own one, in a hypothetical world, given your passion for these issues.

The power of "COM" to influence, on matters that you care about.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,

I am just wondering when we are rating the companies and businesses that are involved in the domain Industry should we also consider their grade when it comes to what they are doing to help the Humanity and the Environment in addition to how their performance and customer service might be. Like when it comes to reviewing some of the more well known Registrars and Registries that we are all familiar with and use everyday should we also worry about what their attitude and stance might be towards what matters outside of the domaining world and how they are handling some of the social, humanitarian and Environmental issues that we all care about ( specially when it comes to their CEOs and top executives).

PS: I am not that good when it comes to corresponding on the phone (or even in person) since I usually take time to think about and analyze every word that I say and as such I rather communicate through writing. You can send me a PM or two if you believe that you have a great domain name related to Humanitarian and Environmental causes that I might be interested in, but let me warn you that almost all of my domains are hand registered and are what I have thought of myself without using any tools or websites so don't get disappointed if I don't reply more often as I rarely buy any domains from others. Although I might make an exception if I am offered an outstanding domain name at wholesale prices. :)

IMO

•••
Thanks for sharing your thoughts,

I am just wondering when we are rating the companies and businesses that are involved in the domain Industry should we also consider their grade when it comes to what they are doing to help the Humanity and the Environment in addition to how their performance and customer service might be. Like when it comes to reviewing some of the more well known Registrars and Registries that we are all familiar with and use everyday should we also worry about what their attitude and stance might be towards what matters outside of the domaining world and how they are handling some of the social, humanitarian and Environmental issues that we all care about ( specially when it comes to their CEOs and top executives).

PS: I am not that good when it comes to corresponding on the phone (or even in person) since I usually take time to think about and analyze every word that I say and as such I rather communicate through writing. You can send me a PM or two if you believe that you have a great domain name related to Humanitarian and Environmental causes that I might be interested in, but let me warn you that almost all of my domains are hand registered and are what I have thought of myself without using any tools or websites so don't get disappointed if I don't reply more often as I rarely buy any domains from others. Although I might make an exception if I am offered an outstanding domain name at wholesale prices. :)

IMO
You sound like my type of person. I also prefer communicating via the internet or writing, to get points across. Often easier, I find (ideally internet, my handwriting is awful).

What I would say is most people may say they care about such things, but don't do much "doing". I don't know what some of the top domain companies may do behind closed doors, related to these issues, with regards to whatever they may spend, out of annual profits, because they care. Even though incredibly important, I don't think its anymore important than "what is GoDaddy doing about cancer research". It doesn't really influence my thinking of them, as a company. They may have the capacity to write a large cheque, but even if they didn't, I'm not sure if I'd hold that against them, because the bottom line of it is having sufficient enough tech to solve cancer, not GoDaddy, and I don't think they hold the bulk of the responsibility for such issues, or other leading domain entities as a whole. IMO

Last edited:
•••
One way is reducing population, another way is reducing population of people who want to reduce population (with injections, 5 g etc).

•••
Where do some of the most well known companies and businesses in the domain Industry fall when it comes to Humanitarian and Environmental causes and support for activists and nonprofit organizations?

The only way to remain in business is to effectively make money. Non-profit organizations also depend on grants, private donations and public support. It's difficult to justify the risk of investing in high figure eco-friendly domains with low return. The price tag is often prohibitive; and as a result, top domains may remain parked and undeveloped indefinitely.

Last edited:
•••
Back