IT.COM

poll How many of us actually own their full name in the .com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many of us actually own their full name in the .com?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I own my name

• I don't own my name

• My name is already taken

• I don't care who owns my name

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a question/poll for every NamePros member – How many of us actually own their full name in the .com?

I wanted to register "Michael Robinson" .com but it was already taken. Lucky for me I have a middle name :)

I own my full birth name "Michael Eric Robinson".com. It's important for me and everybody to make sure to buy their own name .com domain. It's your online identity and I wouldn't want anyone else to own it.

If you don't own it and it's available to hand register you should do so right away.

At this moment in time my own name .com isn't being used except for just domain forwarding to my other domains for sale. But it can be used whenever and it's nice to own don't you think :)

Please leave a comment and use the poll too.

Happy domaining,

Mike.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

I had my First-Middle name, bayucandra.com. Few years ago I was planning to brand my name but not yet realized.

•••
Also ended up acquiring 'surname.com' a few years ago ($XXX), but could have picked it up for reg-fee when I initially registered 'firstnamesurname.com'!

Shame you didn't hand register your surname but at least you got it pretty cheap. I think my surname now would cost mid $xx,xxx (if for sale).

Surname .com are really good for family member email addresses. Family member first [email protected] :)

•••
They are necessities to some and commodities to others. Being a novelist, I have (first name)(last name).com along with (first name)(middle name)(last name).com & (first name)(middle initial)(last name).com

Not everyone needs them, but they come in handy.

•••
I do not own my (first name)(last name).com, I would like to but I would rather spend the money high $xxx on another more liquid domain than one that I would not really use or be able to sell easily if I ever need to.

Another big reason being that the person who owns the domain also owns a ton of other (first name)(last name).com's so I don't really feel like giving the guy money to buy others.

•••
I have my own name domain name. I find it useful to forward the url to either my facebook on linkedin profile. Its like my verbal business card :)

•••
Hello,

I own my surname dot com.

•••
my last name dot com was offered to me at some point...

•••
I do, but not a big deal considering my full name isn't really common.

But, apparently someone registered it for a couple of years, when I dropped it the first time.

•••
I wanted to buy my full name for many years, but it was always taken. And one day. . BANG !! Available. I bought it and il will never be available again ... well it will but I won't be there to see that ..ahaha

I am using it for my personal project. Currently it is my marketplace. In a year it could be completely different.

•••
I wanted to buy my full name for many years, but it was always taken. And one day. . BANG !! Available. I bought it and il will never be available again ... well it will but I won't be there to see that ..ahaha

I am using it for my personal project. Currently it is my marketplace. In a year it could be completely different.

That's a great story - You got lucky.

I just hope the poor guy what let it drop is still with us and doing well :-o

All the best,

Mike :)

•••
someone tried to sell me my first & last name a few times

but i never had a desire to own it

•••
I own my first name last name .com.

My last name .com is owned by a distant cousin. I tried to buy it from him, but he said it's not for sale. There's no website and I offered him email service. Still wouldn't sell.

•••
Yeah I currently own Omar Negron.com

Funny thing is a had it back in I believe 2008. But I didn't renew it. Once I learned more about domains I instantly wanted it again..lol. But someone had grabbed it already.

Years later, I put an alert on it and got an email that it was on its way to drop. Put a backorder on it and my name came back home...to me.

The End.

-Omar

•••
I own my last name nalakath.com and my first name jamshid.co

•••
I own my fullname & also short name, infact that's a LLLLL.com!

•••
When I was about 5 or 6 years old, my dad (the guy who recently sold BuyFurniture.com for $20,000 on Flippa) made the smart choice of registering my firstnamelastname.com in-case I ever by some small chance decided to get into websites/domains. Now I've sold Nup.com and have enrolled in college to learn computer programming, have had countless offers from other people who share my same name. Some are dentists, some are business men, we all share the same name and others have had to settle with my name as a .net or a .org or even a .co.uk while I own the .com thanks to my dad watching out for me on the slightest chance that I became who I did.

•••
When I was about 5 or 6 years old, my dad (the guy who recently sold BuyFurniture.com for $20,000 on Flippa) made the smart choice of registering my firstnamelastname.com in-case I ever by some small chance decided to get into websites/domains. Now I've sold Nup.com and have enrolled in college to learn computer programming, have had countless offers from other people who share my same name. Some are dentists, some are business men, we all share the same name and others have had to settle with my name as a .net or a .org or even a .co.uk while I own the .com thanks to my dad watching out for me on the slightest chance that I became who I did.

Great story about your name .com - Nice your father registered your name for you for the future.

All the best at college.

Mike :)

•••
I registered for my son Adharsh.com (That is his full name )

Last edited:
•••
I own my last name, LLLLL.com, first name unavailable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back