IT.COM

poll How many of us actually own their full name in the .com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many of us actually own their full name in the .com?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I own my name

• I don't own my name

• My name is already taken

• I don't care who owns my name

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a question/poll for every NamePros member – How many of us actually own their full name in the .com?

I wanted to register "Michael Robinson" .com but it was already taken. Lucky for me I have a middle name :)

I own my full birth name "Michael Eric Robinson".com. It's important for me and everybody to make sure to buy their own name .com domain. It's your online identity and I wouldn't want anyone else to own it.

If you don't own it and it's available to hand register you should do so right away.

At this moment in time my own name .com isn't being used except for just domain forwarding to my other domains for sale. But it can be used whenever and it's nice to own don't you think :)

Please leave a comment and use the poll too.

Happy domaining,

Mike.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I own my last name in a .net... All other extensions were taken, and I got the .net in a drop.

My first name I'll probably never own as Dave/David is pretty common. I've thought about buying my first/last.com, but haven't yet.

•••
I've thought about buying my first/last.com, but haven't yet.

If I was you I would register it in a heartbeat. There are so many people who want their name in the .com but can't.

If you have a website just forward your name .com to it and it's put to good use.

In a years time from now if it was gone you might kick yourself.

•••
Yes, I do own my first/name .com. When I first started the internet wanted to get my "alias" (briguy) thought it was unigue and wanted to brand it, seems that I am the only Brian that us nicknamed "briguy" but it was taken and today it is a redirect..

•••
In a years time from now if it was gone you might kick yourself.

I had thought about it for years... I just went and registered it.

•••
I own both of my kid's full names. Picked it up over a decade ago, figured it might be handy if they ever became lawyers, politicians, or a professional of some sort. Someone who owns the dot net has tried to buy my sons name from me several times. Additionally, there is a guy with my sons name that was running for office some time ago, he has inquired, but I'm not selling. If he ever runs for President, tho... :$:

•••
Read about negative SEO..that the main reason that I registered my name.

•••
"FirstMILast.com" for me. (e.g. "AlfredENewman.com")

Last edited:
•••
I own both of my kid's full names. Picked it up over a decade ago, figured it might be handy if they ever became lawyers, politicians, or a professional of some sort. Someone who owns the dot net has tried to buy my sons name from me several times. Additionally, there is a guy with my sons name that was running for office some time ago, he has inquired, but I'm not selling. If he ever runs for President, tho... :$:

I registered my first & last name .com when I first ran for political office at the age of 23 back in 2009.

I always thought I should register vote4lastname .com but I'm glad I didn't because of SEO.

Now it's just a landing page to my LinkedIn information :)

•••
My name is taken, it's very common. I own it with an "x" in the middle though. :)

•••
My real name is taken in .COM and available in most of other extensions.

•••
Which is best? First name.com or first name last name.com? My first name is not available. I didn't bother to check if first name last name is available. Last week I registered my son's first name.com
If you registered your son's first name then he must have a very special name because the vast majority of first names are taken unless it's extremely unique. That's great you got it.

•••
Don't forget to register your kid's firstnamelastname.com. I have mine and my daughter's.

cryingbaby.jpg

•••
Don't forget to register your kid's firstnamelastname.com. I have mine and my daughter's.

All of my children's names were already taken by somebody else before they were born.

Wife lost hers to expiration over 4 years ago, but looks like it may be available soon :)

•••
•••
Read about negative SEO..that the main reason that I registered my name.

Just been reading about negative SEO - Even your competitors can purposely damage your website ranking to get a better rank.

Good point for registering your name .com

•••
•••
I own first name last name .com and have it forwarded to a first name .me personal website.

•••
I had thought about it for years... I just went and registered it.

Congratulations!

Wise move, I hope you used a $0.99 discount code to register it too :)

•••
My first name in .com was taken in 1999 by someone and is about to expire in July.... I'm watching that closely.. My last name was taken by someone in 1997 but sadly I can't take it since it has business behind it..

Luckily I checked my firstname + lastname available in .com and I have registered it now..Thanks for reminding Mike....and well, Godaddy coupon of course ;)

•••
You could build your own blog and there you could have a section were you put your domains for sale.

People love to know who they are dealing with and having your own name in the .com really helps.

From a business perspective I disagree. I think it would be a detriment to sales. It would make me look like a small player. Which even if I am, I want to avoid. I want to always project a bigger more professional image. I think most people would rather buy a $xxxx domain from Domains Inc than Bobs domains. A professional name suggests longevity, safety and recourse.

•••
I had to settle for my initials in the .net. Who knew there'd be so many "famous" David Walkers? :)

•••
I own mine. Bought it 11 years ago.

BTW... I sent you a PM in regards to 3 LLLL names you have for sale.

•••
I had to settle for my initials in the .net. Who knew there'd be so many "famous" David Walkers? :)

Speaking of people with the same name, I once arrived at JFK International Airport from Europe.

Going through passport control the lady forgot to electronic fingerprint me and take my photo. I shouldn't of said this but I said to her you forgot to do this (perhaps I was jet lagged). She then typed my details in her computer and said oh I better do this as there are 3 people with the same name in the US who are wanted for felony charges. I was shocked :-o My accent saved me that day :)

•••
BTW... I sent you a PM in regards to 3 LLLL names you have for sale.

Nice you got your name .com

Is that PM for me regarding my LLLL.com's for sale - If so I never got it :-/

•••
My first name in .com was taken in 1999 by someone and is about to expire in July.... I'm watching that closely.. My last name was taken by someone in 1997 but sadly I can't take it since it has business behind it..

Luckily I checked my firstname + lastname available in .com and I have registered it now..Thanks for reminding Mike....and well, Godaddy coupon of course ;)

Congrats Messiah! Glad to be of service :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back