NameSilo

poll How many of us actually own their full name in the .com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many of us actually own their full name in the .com?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I own my name

• I don't own my name

• My name is already taken

• I don't care who owns my name

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a question/poll for every NamePros member – How many of us actually own their full name in the .com?

I wanted to register "Michael Robinson" .com but it was already taken. Lucky for me I have a middle name :)

I own my full birth name "Michael Eric Robinson".com. It's important for me and everybody to make sure to buy their own name .com domain. It's your online identity and I wouldn't want anyone else to own it.

If you don't own it and it's available to hand register you should do so right away.

At this moment in time my own name .com isn't being used except for just domain forwarding to my other domains for sale. But it can be used whenever and it's nice to own don't you think :)

Please leave a comment and use the poll too.

Happy domaining,

Mike.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Mike,

I own my first/lastname. I thought it excessive (and unnecessarily long) to get the middle name also. I also registered a number of shortened/nicknames/ of my first name, in the firstname/lastname combination, since I actually am known by one of those names. Have done this for about 8 years already. I also own the "e" and "i" prefixes of my lastname, which is very popular for website usage, and would cost high $xxK, even if my lastname was available for sale. Which it isn't.

I own a few other peoples lastnames as brandables.

•••
Hi Mike,

I own my first/lastname. I thought it excessive (and unnecessarily long) to get the middle name also. I also registered a number of shortened/nicknames/ of my first name, in the firstname/lastname combination, since I actually am known by one of those names. Have done this for about 8 years already. I also own the "e" and "i" prefixes of my lastname, which is very popular for website usage, and would cost high $xxK, even if my lastname was available for sale. Which it isn't.

I own a few other peoples lastnames as brandables.

Thanks for your reply. Wow you've been busy :)

Yes, I agree first and last name would of been better.

But I guess the length doesn't really matter too much on these domains as it's your full name.

Plus the email is cool too: [email protected] :)

Last edited:
•••
Have yet, from day one of the time domains were available to register, get my name.com
Same guy in Dallas still owns it.
Even with my middle initial or name, still not available.
But, who cares?
I have iowadawg.com and that is enough!

•••
Have yet, from day one of the time domains were available to register, get my name.com
Same guy in Dallas still owns it.
Even with my middle initial or name, still not available.
But, who cares?
I have iowadawg.com and that is enough!

Thanks for your reply.

You must care just slightly as you know about the guy in Dallas who still owns it :)

I have my first and last name on domain monitor/backorder just in case it drops.

•••
I got a nickname my aunt used to call me, Keither.com. My first and last name sat unregistered until about 3 months ago. Here's the strange part. I own my son's name Kellen in many extensions. The Kellen Company registered my first and last name .com. I think maybe they thought it could be leverage to get Kellen.co or one of my others but I don't want my first and last name .com :)

•••
I got a nickname my aunt used to call me, Keither.com. My first and last name sat unregistered until about 3 months ago. Here's the strange part. I own my son's name Kellen in many extensions. The Kellen Company registered my first and last name .com. I think maybe they thought it could be leverage to get Kellen.co or one of my others but I don't want my first and last name .com :)

Hi Keith

Thanks for replying.

Has this Kellen Company ever tried to contact you?

At least Keither.com is nice and short (unlike my full name) :)

•••
Hi Keith

Thanks for replying.

Has this Kellen Company ever tried to contact you?

At least Keither.com is nice and short (unlike my full name) :)
They have never tried. It's either a huge coincidence or they're playing games.

•••
i only have my first name in a .email

•••
They have never tried. It's either a huge coincidence or they're playing games.

Just wondering, could it be somebody in that company has the same first name as you.

That could be a possibility too.

•••
Just wondering, could it be somebody in that company has the same first name as you.

That could be a possibility too.
Anything is possible I guess.

•••
I had mine. Somehow, Network Solutions messed up my registration and required me to pay a renewal 6 months before it was actually due to expire. I sent them emails asking WTH but all I got back were robo-mails to renew or else face deletion. This was June 2001. Well, 9/11 occurred and with the aftermath of losing friends and all that went on with that, I totally forgot about the domain issue. In Dec when I checked again it was registered to someone else (same name as me) and he still has it. I still have the email exchanges between me and NetSol. A couple of years later it began to bug me but when I tried to re-open the issue with NetSol they told me there was nothing they could do. Some part of me wishes I had the name back I do not think that is going to happen.

•••
I had mine. Somehow, Network Solutions messed up my registration and required me to pay a renewal 6 months before it was actually due to expire. I sent them emails asking WTH but all I got back were robo-mails to renew or else face deletion. This was June 2001. Well, 9/11 occurred and with the aftermath of losing friends and all that went on with that, I totally forgot about the domain issue. In Dec when I checked again it was registered to someone else (same name as me) and he still has it. I still have the email exchanges between me and NetSol. A couple of years later it began to bug me but when I tried to re-open the issue with NetSol they told me there was nothing they could do. Some part of me wishes I had the name back I do not think that is going to happen.

Hello AGAME,

Thanks for your reply.

Shame about your domain buddy. 9/11 was a horrible time.

Add it to monitoring/backorder and who knows you might get lucky.

•••
Full name in .com, first name in .net.

•••
•••
I owned mine and let it expire by accident. Moniker told me I could renew it for 250 bucks. Not! I tracked it until it was available and re-registered it with a 99 cent coupon. :)

•••
I owned mine and let it expire by accident. Moniker told me I could renew it for 250 bucks. Not! I tracked it until it was available and re-registered it with a 99 cent coupon. :)

Risk taker :)

But glad it paid off - well done!

•••
•••
Nope, and no interest in it. What would I do with it, build a shrine? If I did own it, I'd probably have sold it by now. Its a pretty common name.

•••
•••
I had my name using "william" rather than "Bill," which is what I usually go by. I let it expire. The Bill-version of my name is also a sportfishing keyword. I know the owner - and he said he would give me a good price, but I expect that would still be 4-figures.

I never intend to brand around my name, so I just don't see the point in having the domain, except for vanity purposes.

I own only a couple full name domains (I sold one last week), but I am always uncomfortable asking too much for them. Chinese and Korean family names can be quite good, since there are so many people with the same name - it makes it highly likely that one will want to brand themselves.

•••
Nope, and no interest in it. What would I do with it, build a shrine? If I did own it, I'd probably have sold it by now. Its a pretty common name.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not so sure about a shrine about yourself, that's a bit narcissistic :)

You could build your own blog and there you could have a section were you put your domains for sale.

People love to know who they are dealing with and having your own name in the .com really helps.

Last edited:
•••
I never intend to brand around my name, so I just don't see the point in having the domain, except for vanity purposes.

Hi William.

Thanks for your reply buddy. Such a shame you let your name drop.

I'm not so vain to own my own name. I don't even have my picture in my avatar here :)

•••
Which is best? First name.com or first name last name.com? My first name is not available. I didn't bother to check if first name last name is available. Last week I registered my son's first name.com

•••
Which is best? First name.com or first name last name.com? My first name is not available. I didn't bother to check if first name last name is available. Last week I registered my son's first name.com

Hi domainerfella,

If you are talking value, just first name common names are really valuable but probably all taken.

But if you want your online identity then obviously first name last name .com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back