NameSilo

How Many Here Have Experimented With Solar Power Or Have Solar Devices?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey guys :wave:

I'm just curious about how many here are looking into solar energy and have tried to either create their own solar energy (solar panels) or have purchased solar devices like cell phone solar chargers etc.?

I just finished building a 63 Watt solar panel from scratch, and plan on releasing the video I made of my process pretty soon. I already got the first part up on YouTube here: YouTube - How To Build A 63Watt Solar Panel From Scratch

Overall it was a fun process, but since I really did not have a full tutorial to go by I had to create my own method of building it.

:blink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have one calculator that runs on solar power :) other then that have nothing. :(

Imagine my PC working on solar power :D I would be sitting on terrace surfing NP all day long and getting fried in the sun :D

•••
I have one calculator that runs on solar power :) other then that have nothing. :(

Imagine my PC working on solar power :D I would be sitting on terrace surfing NP all day long and getting fried in the sun :D

Yeah that was my goal for the summer at first until I found out how many solar panels and wattage I'll need to generate I'd need, and not the mention the high cost (few hundred or thousand dollars), so that soon turned from my PC to just powering my Macbook which I'm fine with too. Mission accomplished. :tu:

•••
Well, I don't have anything except Calculator.
But I was thinking to buy some solar water heaters.

- Digital -

•••
I also thinking of buying a solar charger for mobile phones. It will come in handy when you're out of your house and need to recharge your mobile phone often. Especially my ExpressMusic. :xf.love:

•••
^^ same here. it would be very handy if I have a solar charger.

@hastyhost: Your video is very interesting. I'm gonna try that on weekends :)

•••
Solar water heating panels are as far as i have gone lol

•••
I also thinking of buying a solar charger for mobile phones. It will come in handy when you're out of your house and need to recharge your mobile phone often. Especially my ExpressMusic. :xf.love:

They actually have some of those already on eBay for a decent price that are solar powered as well :cy:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back