Domain Empire

How good is NameSilo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello Guys,

I want to know about namesilo. How good they are? Any disadvantage having domains with them?

Currently I am using Godaddy, Name.com and namecheap

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm transferring one domain now, hoping for a good experience.

•••
They actually look like a pretty solid & affordable company from the looks of it and there's not a lot of registrars that actually give free privacy protection.

•••
Had an account for a few months now with about 50 domains. ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS! Much better and cheaper than GoDaddy in my opinion.

Once they begin offering other TLD's (like the email I got the other day suggests ;)), I'll be transferring most of my domains there.

•••
They actually look like a pretty solid & affordable company from the looks of it and there's not a lot of registrars that actually give free privacy protection.

Namecheap does!

•••
Hi,

The disadvantage of Name Silo is their pricing strategy and currently it is almost impossible to choose Name Silo as registrar partner.

Name Silo's standart registration fees compete with its re-sellers. Let's imagine:

- Our company offers $9.50 registration and $1 privacy service.
- End users register domains, and later check whois service and see Name Silo name.
- End users visit name Silo and notice $8.39 registration fee and free privacy service.

Offering 'number of domains in cart' based discounts are useless and I personally advise Name Silo to adjust domain name prices such that:

- 1 to 10 domains in an account: $11
- 10 to 100 domains in an account: $10
- 100 - 1000 domains in an account: $9
- 1000 domains and up: $8

In this case, you attract more resellers since you have whmcs and hostbill add-ons.

Best regards,

•••
I just transferred one domain from Namecheap (they now also start with additional icann fees) and their pricing is really very competitive and straight forward. I still kinda prefer Namecheap's user interface and really miss the email forwarding option but apart from that Namesilo really looks promising.

•••
today i see this when try to open namesilo.
also api full down not work.
soo bad

The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please check back later.

•••
Yes, we had about 40 minutes of down time yesterday for our web site and API due to planned system upgrades. We apologize for the inconvenience.

•••
Mmm... I might have to try NameSilo.

Last edited:
•••
I have never read about this but when i use it that is very cheapest from other.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
NameSilo

There was an issue with one of my domains that a company felt violated their copyright. NameSilo sent me the DMCA complaintand disabled the domain without waiting for a reply, which I was upset about.

The domain didn't infringe and I will be moving my domains away from them!

Last edited:
•••
In short NameSilo is Top Class

•••
I'm using Namesilo from the November of 2011 and currently have more than 30 domains in my main account.

•••
i have more than 35 domains with them

•••
I have herd a lot about namelio. Its good and much cheap.

•••
Based on this thread, I decided to give them a try. I've registered a few dozen domains there since last month, and am liking it overall.

Like others have said, it would be better if they offered email forwarding. It would also be good to optionally have working, spammer-resistant email contacts in the private whois info rather than requiring use of a web form.

There are still a few minor bumps in their UX design. Every time I've asked support about one of these they have been great about clarifying things, and seem interested in making ongoing improvements.

And I wish the API also had JSON responses rather than only XML, but that's getting picky.

Update: I recently noticed that some of the UX changes I'd suggested a couple of weeks earlier have now been implemented. It might be nicer if they had an announcement board or blog to tell us about changes, but the important thing is that they do act on feedback.

Last edited:
•••
I've 10 domains in NameSilo. There's no problem with me. Last good news about NameSilo is they support and be partner with SedoMLS. They also offer many payment methods like Paypal, Credit Card, Payza, Skrill.

•••
stub,
As you are trying to earn from domains namesilo and other registrars/resellers are trying too.
If you think their price is too much than, you should just not use them, w/o commenting it is too expense.
Since you are trying to fight for $0.1 I'd suggest you to transfer those domains from a registrar to an other each year, or apply for your own registrar and see by yourself the real prices.
BTW, don't go always after the lowest price, you should check the service and support quality too.

•••
Any 1$ discount coupon in NameSilo is such as an affiliate coupon. You can renegrate any coupon as you want to earn from NameSilo.

•••
First Class. I'm using them for last 4 months.

•••
NameSilo. (Save $1 / domain. Discount code : DISCOUNT 01)

Hello Guys,

I want to know about namesilo. How good they are? Any disadvantage having domains with them?

Currently I am using Godaddy, Name.com and namecheap

I am using namesilo and found them to be reliable. Definitely cheaper than the rest I've encountered. Besides namesilo, I am using cynet.com.my which doesn't offer discount for domain purchase. However they do offer hosting discount up to 10%. (Discount code UH-437P). Cheers.

•••
I have an account there, and have no issues.

I wouldn't have any problem leaving a domain there if purchasing one that was already there. (Whereas there are some registrars you always want to transfer out from).

As they grow and become more popular, no doubt you will see more domainers using them.

•••
I tried them and found their support person to be rude and not helpful at all. Their agreement isn't bad, but their support is terrible. I will never use them in the future and I will never advise others to try them because of the support.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

I was extremely disappointed

•••
It always amazes me in threads like this....
That someone joins the forum and the first post is ALWAYS a negative against a company!
Like someone who is totally negative hunts forums for that right thread to be negative in.

I ignore such negative posts when I look at say this company.
Because they add nothing at all to the thread.

•••
Maybe it's just me, but I find their support patient and reasonable. Emphasis on patient when I had a "trying issue" with them last year.

Makes me wonder how they're making money with such razor-thin prices (especially for .com), but...I guess they're doing something right. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back