IT.COM

question How does Google Recognize 2 word domains the end + Start with same letter?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I know it's taboo to invest in domains like AsSeenonTV.com or KissingGames.com

where the first keyword in a two word domain ends in the same later as what the second keyword starts with.

I was wondering (as I have seen plenty of such domains being sold) would Google view or recognized.....

AseenonTV.com as (As Seen on TV)? and associate the domains for keyword searches as such?
Kissingames.com as (Kissing Games)? and associate the domains for keyword searches as such?

just want to know what or how to explain the value of such "hack" domains? seeing as how it's frowned upon by local NP'ers that you should never invest in domains that the first keyword in a domain's last letter be the same as the first letter of the second keyword of that same domain.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are not 'real' words so unlikely to be picked up by any search engine IMO -- unless it's a typo which might get a little bit of traffic.

Best,
Paul

•••
This is debatable I suppose, but as I understand, it may help to have keywords in the URL, but at the same time, not necessary for the domain itself. Google doesn't just match keywords to URLs anyways (except when using certain operators).

Exact match keyword domains are good for type-in traffic, not so much for search engine ranking. There are many criteria used to order domains in search results, and I'm sure that domain name is probably one of the lesser factors.

So the answer to your question I guess would be, it doesn't really matter from an seo standpoint.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back