IT.COM

discuss How do you valuate your domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

62.com

Established Member
Impact
As a domain investor, do you often feel a loss or profitable(well-worth) or reasonable at a moment after a deal done? And what does make you have that feel? Will you go to check with your broker, your friends, your family , someone more professional than you or someone you trust? What do you think of the price valuation in domain names? And How do you do it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
End in “88”

Part of the bigger picture. Hard to say.

Funniest thing i read by a PRO, (i 100% agree)
“Pricing is like art.”

Last edited:
•••
End in “88”

Part of the bigger picture. Hard to say.

Funniest thing i read by a PRO, (i 100% agree)
“Pricing is like art.”

That sounds interesting, haha. I will go to read it. thank you.:xf.wink:

•••
•••
Hi

i use my own Wheel Of Prices

whenever an inquiry comes in
for a particular domain,
i pull out the Wheel
with that names', price range
then i spin it
and wherever the needle points to
that's the price.

imo...

•••
Domaining is like fishing. The better the domain / bait the better chances of improving the catch. The size of the catch is just pure luck. Most of the time you get small fish and sometimes you even get a whale on the hook.

You just have to be able to wheel him in with various tactics.

•••
Hi

i use my own Wheel Of Prices

whenever an inquiry comes in
for a particular domain,
i pull out the Wheel
with that names', price range
then i spin it
and wherever the needle points to
that's the price.

imo...

Haha, Good way for yourself price valuation. So you never have a feel of a loss at a moment after deal done?

•••
Domaining is like fishing. The better the domain / bait the better chances of improving the catch. The size of the catch is just pure luck. Most of the time you get small fish and sometimes you even get a whale on the hook.

You just have to be able to wheel him in with various tactics.

Hi, I like your analogy. So as a domain investor, the most important thing is that you should have a very good investment mentality. In chinese sayings, there is no fear of gains and losses. Am I right?

•••
•••
So you never have a feel of a loss at a moment after deal done?

Hi

why should you feel a loss, when you agreed to the deal?

i guess it could happen, if you are intentionally selling a domain, knowing that you are not making a profit
or maybe the domain sold at BIN price and you didn't update or increase pricing for that name, before it sold.

since you can't change after-the-fact sales, then why go thru the emotional stress of grief?

if you do feel some anxiety, then maybe the best thing to do is try to get back a few more dollars from the next sale.

imo...

•••
Hi

i guess it could happen, if you are intentionally selling a domain, knowing that you are not making a profit
or maybe the domain sold at BIN price and you didn't update or increase pricing for that name, before it sold.

since you can't change after-the-fact sales, then why go thru the emotional stress of grief?

if you do feel some anxiety, then maybe the best thing to do is try to get back a few more dollars from the next sale.

imo...

You are right. Someone feel a loss, maybe they sold it in a hurry.

•••
No appraisal imo a domain name is worth how much one person is willing to pay for it at any one time

So my way is " email [email protected] your best bid, all the times, and could sell to the highest bidder TIMELY .. "

Last edited:
•••
Came across https://peerideas.com/ a few days ago. Not the first time the crowd-sourced domain evaluation idea has been done, bit very well executed IMO.

•••
Hi

I always feel a loss, when I sell one of my children. Because I know it is likely will never see them again.. all those months, years even, of feeding them, raising them to their full potential. And then, boom! Gone, just for money. Ah well, such is the circle of #dnlife

Was lucky once, sold one of the whippersnappers and got him back a couple years later. Though, living in my basement and eating up yearly renewals. Again. Next time I sell him, promise no regrets.

•••
I always feel a loss, when I sell one of my children. Because I know it is likely will never see them again.. all those months, years even, of feeding them, raising them to their full potential. And then, boom! Gone, just for money. Ah well, such is the circle of #dnlife

Was lucky once, sold one of the whippersnappers and got him back a couple years later. Though, living in my basement and eating up yearly renewals. Again. Next time I sell him, promise no regrets.

Wow,it sounds that you have always felt a deep involvement with your domain names, with nobler thoughts than us.

•••
•••
No appraisal imo a domain name is worth how much one person is willing to pay for it at any one time

So my way is " email [email protected] your best bid, all the times, and could sell to the highest bidder TIMELY .. "

Oh, sounds a quick and effective way.(y)

•••
I've submitted several names to peer ideas a couple I'm on the fence about. I figure getting a group opinion will help bring clarity.

•••
I've submitted several names to peer ideas a couple I'm on the fence about. I figure getting a group opinion will help bring clarity.

Love the rise of these peer appraisal websites.

I’m starting to be a big believer.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
For the record if anyone wants to discuss any my domains. [email protected] is a good email.

•••
Love the rise of these peer appraisal websites
Have you come across any others?

I think one shortcoming of peerideas.com is that it needs better alignment with market pricing than the brackets used today, e.g. $0-50 should be "reg fee" IMO, and having more price brackets would be good e.g. <$1K, 1-2K, 2-5K, 5-10K, >10K. It would also be nice if some of the qualitative options provided more scope to better understand why users select what they do, e.g. providing separate options for say the TLD and SLD evaluation.

But it's a really well executed tool, so kudos to the maker.

•••
I get my domain valuations from the one true reliable source: GoCrappy

•••
I value all of my domains over $1M+ each :)

•••
•••
I get my domain valuations from the one true reliable source: GoCrappy

With a tool, you trust, no more worries.:xf.grin: Thank you for your sharing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back