IT.COM

discuss How do you spend/reinvest your domaining income?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Do you follow a plan of reinvesting x% in domain names.y% into some other investments like stockmarket or realestate etc.,?

I'll start with my case.I do this part-time and made decent profits in the past couple of years.So far,I reinvested 50% of them into domain names and spent the rest to clear my old debts.

From now on I want to reduce investment on domain names to 30% and planning to spend the rest to start a small business,Travel and may be some in stocks.

Share your methods and ideas here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As a full time investor, I mostly pay my bills. I've also taken trips around the country, invested in an offline business, and even bought a super sweet oLED television. I must admit, I have a spending problem so I am forced to consider every purchase. I have this method I use to justify a purchase: If it lasts longer than it took me to earn it, I buy it. It works for me.

•••
Post a thread about recent registrations or your favorite domain or debate a new TLD and you will see dozens of responses. How do you spend the money you make in domaining has few responses, That fact tells us how profitable domain investing is for most participants - an expensive hobby or borderline gambling.

•••
I just started relisting my domains after taking them off the market for a couple years.
I'm glad I did, because I may have sold some LLLL.com's before the market uptick. Sales seem to be very hard to come by. Most of the domains I own now are of higher quality then when I started, so I want more for them and won't sell them for cheap. This doesn't help with sales.

Any future sales will be put back into domain renewals and new domain purchases. It would be nice if parking would pay for renewals, but parking just has never paid off for me.

•••
People should be spending profits on building revenue generating websites.

•••
•••
Have you come up with such revenue generating websites? If so, please share with the audience. Thanks in advance. :)

•••
My distribution of income for 2016:

Minimum 40% will go to income and taxes
Maximum 40% will be spent on renewals and purchasing new domains (goal is 30%)
Minimum 20% will go to our house project

•••
Nobody wants to admit they spend it all on hookers and coke B-)

•••
Nobody wants to admit they spend it all on hookers and coke B-)
Well, I spend all my money on bamboos. I've to admit it :rolleyes:

•••
•••
•••
I am only in my first year and I started with a very small initial investment, so I always reinvest all my gains right back into buying more domains.

But I repaid myself my initial investment.

•••

That is easier said than done!
That can be a money pit if you're not an expert in that field with a golden idea.

•••
That is easier said than done!
That can be a money pit if you're not an expert in that field with a golden idea.
Sure, its tasking but exceedingly rewarding.

•••
•••
50% => pay the bills
50% => reinvest
50% => leisure and enjoy life

More or less lol

•••
50% => pay the bills
50% => reinvest

More or less lol
That's some domainer math right there :$:

•••
@Kate when are you going to post some for sale around here? If I recall correctly the last sales thread I saw of yours had some real gems at great prices.

•••
Great thread.

I only recently started and spent my money on the wrong domains. I am just about to get to the break even point with a few flips and a nice end user sale.

I plan to not renew a domain, as I am too impatient to invest. If I can't sell it in a year, I will drop it or sell for bargain on here. I put 50% back into my bank account and spend 50% on building my portfolio the way I want it to be (mostly Geo and NL as that is my home country).

If the quality of my domains pick up, the income should also pick up and I might look into a revenue generating site, although I have little knowledge about it right now.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
50% => pay the bills
50% => reinvest

More or less lol

That really is making the most of every penny earned :laugh:;)

•••
Back