IT.COM

discuss How much do you spend monthly domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am really interested to learn, how much do
you spend on average each month domaining?

Domain Registrations (new registrations)
Domain Acquisition (aftermarket, auctions)
Domain Renewals
Domain Research Tools (DomainsTools etc)
Hosting (if you develop)
Email (if you pay for a mailbox)
Anything else...

Let’s discuss and if you can explain approx when you spend on the above that would be great to share with everyone here on NamePros and it might make it onto the blog too.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As long as all your renewals do not fall same month as you need to avoid buying a lot on special as can hit in the pocket later. I buy the name i want as i see it no point leaving it for front runners if i type it out.

Last edited:
•••
About $4K month renewals. About $5K/month acquisitions.

•••
Wow - So $108k annually - What’s your Gross Domain Sales annually?

•••
•••
Hi

how much you spend on groceries per month?
how much is your utilities
your mortgage
car payment/insurance
health insurance
life insurance
how much goes into 401k
how much you spend on clothing/home repairs, your children, spouse, etc.

then how much you got left, for domaining?

imo...

•••
Valid point Biggie, Everyone is different and some go bid monthly, others have fixed costs first then spend what they have available.

•••
Hi

how much you spend on groceries per month?
how much is your utilities
your mortgage
car payment/insurance
health insurance
life insurance
how much goes into 401k
how much you spend on clothing/home repairs, your children, spouse, etc.

then how much you got left, for domaining?

imo...

I do disagree.
Domaining is a business, so you don't pay for domains with your own money but with money dedicated to investments. If you have a company it's with the company's money, if you are just an investor you do it with money dedicated to investments.
I can understand using personal money at the beginning, let's say even for 1-2 years if you want. But then if you are still making this kind of calculation you are not talking about business/investments but about a hobby.
Just my opinion obviously

•••
I do disagree.
Domaining is a business, so you don't pay for domains with your own money but with money dedicated to investments. If you have a company it's with the company's money, if you are just an investor you do it with money dedicated to investments.
I can understand using personal money at the beginning, let's say even for 1-2 years if you want. But then if you are still making this kind of calculation you are not talking about business/investments but about a hobby.
Just my opinion obviously

Hi

there is really nothing to disagree with.

18 years ago, I started domaining with citi banks' money
and to me, money is money,
either you got it, got access to some or you don't...
particularly when you need it most.

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back