Domain Empire

How Do You Fund Your Domaining Habit?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was wondering how other teen domainers fund their domaining instincts. I mean, domaining requires quite a lot of money to be put in if you want to have a portfolio that is anything close to decent.

Got to envy those adults, eh? Their day-job more than pays for their domains but us poor teens who start from practically $0.00? At least, in my case, that's how it was. I started with 0 balance in my paypal, got my first affiliate commission of $75 from HostGator and bought up a few domains.

I do some Internet Marketing and Affilaite marketing on the side but my passion remains domaining.

What about you guys?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Same way every American does it. Sell drugs.

•••
LOL! I mean seriously, I'd love to hear other teens' thoughts about how they get the funds.
Anyone?

•••
So far:
I've made $230 on adsense
I've made $200+ on making and designing websites
I've made $60+ on my hostsquid site.

That's how :D

•••
I work jobs mainly system support/administration as well as code/program. I'm trying to get XBLForum.net off the ground now. What is an ad-supported site but teens (and adults for that matter) can earn free XBox Live Marketplace points!

-RageD

•••
Wow! Sounds good all of you. One more way you could consider looking at is flipping sites. Just dev some spare domains and your on your way to a couple 100 dollars.

•••
Or flipping marijuana. Buy a 40 sack, and flip it. lol

I'm totally kidding guys.....

I usually hold a steady position with a webhosting company in the department of sales/support. I have for the past 3 years, but recently that came to an end.

•••
Alright thanks ACBush. I've heard webhosting support tends to be pretty tedious and low-paying? I just use web-hosting programs to get my affiliate commissions :)

•••
Ehhh.....You know how it is. Hold a steady job and you can make enough money. I love the industry, and happen to know a fair amount of "stuff".

•••
That's cool. I don't like the concept of a "job" at this age as it pretty much messes up your life. I go freelance as an Internet Marketer and domaining is more of a hobby.

•••
I use to do that. Then I realized, I had too many recurring bills.

Then I got a job. Then I lost it, 2 weeks ago today. :(

•••
I started with $0 and made my first money with a small programming job.

•••
I have adverts on my arcade, and when my balance reaches $10, I either buy a domain, re-invest it as advertising (project wonderful is a brilliant ad network), or just let it sit until later.

•••
Wow! I believe in saving money for bigger purchase instead of investing it as soon as I get money in my hands.

By the way, your avatar is completed, Mikor :)
Just go here

•••
I actually had $100 or so to start with... from birthdays and such. I bought a year of web hosting for $69 and bought.. well, er, I guess I somehow had more then $100.. I've spent to much on domains :P And I've had no luck making any money yet

•••
Sigh here goes my blow out....

Started with $0 first domain was on namepros.

Anyways made....

$83 on adsense.
$5000 + on fliping website
$200 on domain sales.
$600 on web designing

Still not where i want to be but hey, i have one kick ass gaming computer haha

•••
Yeah, I myself am looking to get an iMac one of these days.
Somehow, flipping sites seems to work for me but only on a smaller scale ($500-$600)
Care to share how you make $6K per flip?

•••
I do it a few ways:

I get $200 on Christmas
Get $100 on my birthday
Get $20 every friday from babysitting my nephew
and some times I'll just ask my parents for some money xD

•••
•••
I started with $50, and sold a domain.
Thats how Ive done it all.
Selling 1 at a time.

Basement said:
Wow! Sounds good all of you. One more way you could consider looking at is flipping sites. Just dev some spare domains and your on your way to a couple 100 dollars.
Care to elaborate :D

And thanks for the great avatar!!

•••
I had money from birthdays and when i wanted to buy domains my dad bought them, but not anymore since i got my own checking account and paypal. But i own about 50 domains all together.

•••
I started like you from $0.00

However I was determined that I wanted something.

So I got some free hosting.

I then learnt PHP and did a small job for $10. Used that money to buy asgsoft.net to use as my profile.

I then started doing more jobs and bout more domains.

I then developed these domains and sold them on, some for as high as $1200.

I was lucky enough to be asked to develop a website for a big construction company in egypt through family connections and was paid $7000 for it. It was a complete flash website with PHP backend.

I started working with adsense again and trying to get some $$ out of it.

And I got the ball rolling from there.

Now I own over 7 developed domains, not much but I am pleased with for the time being.

•••
Basement said:
Alright thanks ACBush. I've heard webhosting support tends to be pretty tedious and low-paying? I just use web-hosting programs to get my affiliate commissions :)

lol a little late on this but you got that right for sure. Very tedious. Extremely low paying. I'd say on average you'll make less than $1500 annually xD Unless you're with a very good firm.

-RageD

•••
I sold my sisters :bingo:

•••
.jd. said:
I sold my sisters :bingo:

:lol: I may do the same! Nah, they moved out now.

Im just starting really, but I only do it as a spare time mind bender. I dont get into big $$$. But I'm hopfully going to start using adsense.

:p

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back