NameSilo

poll How you first heard about domaining (poll)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How you first heard about domaining poll

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I wanted to buy a domain, and the owner said $50K, and I said I want to do that too.

• Someone came and offered to buy my domain/site when it wasn't even for sale.

• I used to do affiliate marketing.

• I used to do AdSense or blogs.

• I used to sell stuff online.

• I did some other internet work.

• Domaining is my first internet work.

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SiteMac

Established Member
Impact
Wanted to make a polls to see how people first heard about domaining. For me I use to do affiliate marketing , then google made their search results turn to crap and only gave fortune 500 companies the top results. So, I was stuck with a bunch of domains no longer making money. Then decided to sell those.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I remember correctly, I found Dotweekly by accident and was hooked in seconds. Not that I didn't distantly know about domaining before that but just didn't thought much about it.

•••
Broken record...

I was running a nyc forum when someone asked if I wanted to sell my .net domain. We agreed on a price and like they say the rest is history.

I still believe up to this day that the person who purchased the domain was the owner of the .com.

Last edited:
•••
I was checking my domain name whether it infringed other company's trademark. As I Googled it, I stumbled into an article about Rick Schwartz sold the domain iReport.com for $750000. The article lured me into domaining.....

•••
I needed a domain name for a company of mine, but it was taken by a squatter! Not a cybersquatter, just a dude that squats on the can. :poop:

Short story long reversed, it compelled me to study everything I could about domains, and along the way, I fell in love. :xf.love:

•••
I used to own a website and one day I received an email from a broker of Latonas.com. They wanted to broker my website for sale. Didn't knew what was that all about..After sometime digging through the internet I understood this whole process of website buying and selling, and while doing so I came to know about domaining.

•••
I ran a website , buyer came and just wanted the domain and not the site. I got them up to mid five figures. I've been chasing sales that large ever since, but still have not come close to passing it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back