Domain Empire

How do you approach end users

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have had no success in contacting end users via email. I have sent out probly 20-30 emails to companies and recieved only one reply. How do you suggest contacting potential end users ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have also experience the same Chad. But what I suggest is to make your letter short and to the point. Make sure the subject of your message is personal and brings out your purpose clearly, this would at least prevent your potential customer from treating it as a spam.

•••
I find meeting them in a seedy bar, preferably with a nice trillby and a raincoat, baige in dcolor. Ideally, both will be packing a 48 special in a shoulder holster. Then, in a smoke filled bar, we would stand there, have a drink and swap brown envelopes whilst looking around over the rim of our sun glasses :)

On the other hand, I pick up a phone and tell them i got a domain they want, this is what it will cost :) *g*

Easily said I hear you cry.....well, it is actually easy.

1) Get company name
2) Get website
3) Check who is and get contact number (if not on website).
4) Phone switch board
5) Ask for Marketing Director (make sure u get the name of the person)
6) Speak as tho you have known him / her for years. Leave your first name, and a number. Try to avoid the immediate reason for the call. (Remember, you only want to pitch 1 person, and that person SHOULD be the decision maker. otherwise word will get round and your done for!)
7) When they call you back, and they almost always do, because there thinking "Matt..hmm, sure I know him....well, lets see...." and voila...you have them on the phone.
8) PREPARE a marketing pitch to them. How does the company benefit, why do they want it, how does it increase their value and then, what it will cost. In an ideal pitch, at the end, they will have thought THEY thought of the idea!!!!!!
9) Tell them to give you there email, and you will send them an email with all the information for them to make a decision, and you'll call them on "x" time / date if thats good for them.
10) Send the email
11) Sit back, and prepare a GOOD email, with ALL the benefits to them.
12) Hope they bite ;)

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
•••
How do you approach end users ...

Consistently and daily, IMHO.
All the best!
B-)

•••
•••
Originally posted by wicked_gal00
Maybe this will help:

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1757

Good call, Alex! :tu:
Sending those type (personalized and targeted) Marketing Letters over and over and over again to relevant end user leads will prove that over time there really is strength in numbers. It's true!
Appreciates.
B-)

•••
If contacting via email, make sure it doesn't read like a spam message.

•••
What subject/title do you give to your emails to end users Anthony ?

Grégoire.

•••
I send simple mails.
Hi , iam the owner of the domain xxx.com, I found that this domain may best suit your valuable onlin services if you own this domain. If you interested in owning this domain, kindly contact me with an offer. I accept payments via escrow, wire transfer etc..,
---------------
Thatz it. Have got good response . even if the party is not interested, he will reply back mostly saying, he is not interested.
I always include escrow as a mode of payments. This gives confidence to the buyer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back