Dynadot

How can I list in Sedo MLS premium

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bhupendra khinchi

Established Member
Impact
I have some domain registrated by GoDaddy and GoDaddy is not a partner of sedo so how I can list my domain on sedo MLS Primimem

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Still, you can place GoDaddy domains on sedo MLS Premium but Sedo will place your domain in Sedo MLS Basis Premium. I was also facing this issue with Namecheap.
Well
Do you know Godaddy has also a platform like sedo MLS?
Yes
Afternic is GoDaddy that works the same as Sedo MLS Premium
If you are facing issues listing on sedo you can list on afternic.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Hey,

Thanks for your post.

If your registrar is not listed then it is not a SedoMLS premium partner and therefore this can not be activated. You only need to enter your registrar information in order to activate SedoMLS Premium feature.

You can not activate MLS Premium as the registrar is not a premium partner. However, please note all domains listed on the Sedo marketplace as Buy now come with an automatic promotion of your domains through our SedoMLS Basic Partner network as standard. So you can be assured that your domain is still being promoted on our MLS Basic network if the Buy Now sales setting is implemented. The main difference between Basic and Premium is that Premium is a faster transfer should the domain sell and the seller would get the funds for the sale quicker, however the promotion of your domains is mainly the same.

If you have any further questions please email [email protected] and our customer support team will help you.

Cheers
Chris

•••
@Sedo

Hi Chris,

At least 2 days already MLS activation @Dynadot doesn't work again, nothing happens like month ago...

p.s. Please also reduce in size your HUGE Cookies warning, asked many times.

Last edited:
•••
See screenshot, just random example...

2021-05-31-174713_1920x1080_scrot.png

•••
Registrar doesn't matter for MLS distribution, just set BuyNow price.
It matters only for automatic transfer to the buyer (without your participation).

The main issue with GoDaddy is another...
GoDaddy search system doesn't show Sedo listings, they show only their Afternic/GoDaddy inventory.
So registrar with most buyers is out of the game completely... and such MLS is just for fun.

Last edited:
•••
Still, you can place GoDaddy domains on sedo MLS Premium but Sedo will place your domain in Sedo MLS Basis Premium. I was also facing this issue with Namecheap.
Well
Do you know Godaddy has also a platform like sedo MLS?
Yes
Afternic is GoDaddy that works the same as Sedo MLS Premium
If you are facing issues listing on sedo you can list on afternic.

can you list your domains for sale in multiple markets like sedo, after dyndot, and such ? Or will i be banned or something? Thanks

•••
can you list your domains for sale in multiple markets like sedo, after dyndot, and such ? Or will i be banned or something? Thanks
You can, but need to be careful about having BIN on more than one place Dynadot apparently has a way of immediately removing the domain if it sells. However, if you read terms of agreements on the various marketplaces, you could be liable and have to pay penalties if you are unable to produce the domain for the buyer.

Indeed, one NP member did complain of having to pay penalties in such an instance. That registrant had not taken the listing down after it sold in another marketplace. That individual was not happy with the money they had to pay out when it subsequently also sold in a competing marketplace and that now former owner was not able to complete that sale.

Some marktplaces apparently can be strict about enforcing their terms of agreement. And they can send a collection agency after you if you don't pay up.

Last edited:
•••
You can, but need to be careful about having BIN on more than one place Dynadot apparently has a way of immediately removing the domain if it sells. However, if you read terms of agreements on the various marketplaces, you could be liable and have to pay penalties if you are unable to produce the domain for the buyer.

Indeed, one NP member did complain of having to pay penalties in such an instance. That registrant had not taken the listing down after it sold in another marketplace. That individual was not happy with the money they had to pay out when it subsequently also sold in a competing marketplace and that now former owner was not able to complete that sale.

Some marktplaces apparently can be strict about enforcing their terms of agreement. And they can send a collection agency after you if you don't pay up.

Danng! Im glad i asked so pretty much you have to be more and well organized and keep records of what sells and you go and take it off from others marketplace, im very grateful for this information. Do you have any insight and tips for parking the domains in these marketplace ? Is it advisable is theres any cons to have your domain in parking states ? Thanks again much appreciated! 🤝

•••
Danng! Im glad i asked so pretty much you have to be more and well organized and keep records of what sells and you go and take it off from others marketplace, im very grateful for this information. Do you have any insight and tips for parking the domains in these marketplace ? Is it advisable is theres any cons to have your domain in parking states ? Thanks again much appreciated! 🤝
It's great that you are asking these questions beforehand.

Too often, NP members post complaints after something unexpected happens. Sadly, there were insights beforehand available on NP, from those who kindly posted their "if only I had known" moments.

Checking the minimum fees for a sale is important.

Choosing a marketplace for it's reputation may matter. There are reviews on TrustPilot and the BBB, which may give some insight on how happy sellers AND buyers have been with a company. Reading them, it's apparent that some folks will likely never do any business with that marketplace again. For those former customers with a really bad experience, your listing with that marketplace could have negative impact on selling that domain in general. Of course, for those with great experiences, they will welcome your listings. Sedo appears to do a good job being responsible in their listing practices, and their ratings have improved accordingly.

Also note that each marketplace has different approaches to how they deal with a domain about to expire. In the past, Sedo did allow the listing up to expiration, but you were required to pay for the renewal if it was, I think, within 60 days. And, if it's true that Sedo automatically deletes a listing upon expiration, that could be a real plus. Imagine otherwise having to pay a very high redemption fee because you accidentally didn't delete a domain from a marketplace that someone now bought. You could really lose money at that point depending on your asking price.

So don't be afraid to do some research first, and see what might work best for you.

Last edited:
•••
It's great that you are asking these questions beforehand.

Too often, NP members post complaints after something unexpected happens. Sadly, there were insights beforehand available on NP, from those who kindly posted their "if only I had known" moments.

Checking the minimum fees for a sale is important.

Choosing a marketplace for it's reputation may matter. There are reviews on TrustPilot and the BBB, which may give some insight on how happy sellers AND buyers have been with a company. Reading them, it's apparent that some folks will likely never do any business with that marketplace again. For those former customers with a really bad experience, your listing with that marketplace could have negative impact on selling that domain in general. Of course, for those with great experiences, they will welcome your listings. Sedo appears to do a good job being responsible in their listing practices, and their ratings have improved accordingly.

Also note that each marketplace has different approaches to how they deal with a domain about to expire. In the past, Sedo did allow the listing up to expiration, but you were required to pay for the renewal if it was, I think, within 60 days. And, if it's true that Sedo automatically deletes a listing upon expiration, that could be a real plus. Imagine otherwise having to pay a very high redemption fee because you accidentally didn't delete a domain from a marketplace that someone now bought. You could really lose money at that point depending on your asking price.

So don't be afraid to do some research first, and see what might work best for you.

Thank you very much for the heads up cheers mate 🍻

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back