Dynadot

Afternic Fast Transfer Vs Sedo MLS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Which is better Afternic Fast Transfer or Sedo MLS?

If you activiate both on same domain what will happen? Because some registrars are listed in both of them like dynadot and name.com.

Also isn't it better to list the domains directly in Dynadot aftermarket and Godaddy aftermarket? Rather than making them linked to Sedo or Afternic.

One more thing: in Sedo it says activate Sedo MLS near my domains, although I already see
my domains showing as premium in name.com for example, same with Afternic it says opt-in to Fast Transfer altough I already see my domain as premium in Goddady..

This is very confusing to me..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So far for me it has been Sedo. Right now I have a domain going through an Afternic sale and I am back to begging for updates. I just sold a domain via Sedo and it was amazing how fast it was to get paid.

There is no excuse for Afternic to be so lame and slow, plus to have so little info on a domain transaction on their website when you consider how big they are.

•••
Fast Transfer with AfternicDLS or Premium MLS at Sedo - has no any relations to the distribution of your listings across registrars. This is just additional option for the qualified registrars to automate the entire process via API.

Last edited:
•••
Fast Transfer with Afternic or Premium MLS at Sedo - has no any relations to the distribution of your listings across registrars. This is just additional option for the qualified registrars to automate the entire process via API.
explain more please..

•••
This means that if your domain is registered at Dynadot (Premium SedoMLS and AfternicDLS Fast Transfer registrar), for example, - then it will be transferred absolutely automatically. No any moves are required from you.

Last edited:
•••
If certain registrar doesn't support Sedo/Afternic in full - then only your listing will be shown to the potential buyers...
The domain transfer itself should be processed in manual mode like any other regular sale.

•••
There are also many big registrars like Uniregistry which don't support Sedo/Afternic even basically.

•••
p.s. Afternic is owned by GoDaddy.

•••
Which is better Afternic Fast Transfer or Sedo MLS?
Afternic certainly... because significantly more partners in their network.
And SedoMLS is NOT supported by GoDaddy at all.

•••
Ok got it.. so what happens if I am on both of them? will there be a conflict?
In Afternic I don't know how to activate the opt-in they say I will receive email from my registrar I received nothing.

•••
I had the only one sale via SedoMLS... and by mistake...
My buyer clicked and paid it at Dynadot instead of purchase on Sedo via my direct link...
The domain was sold very silently... I was notified by Sedo only at payout.
And overall, the entire process was slower than manual regular sale via the same Dynadot and Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
You may use both, this is allowed.

If no any emails - recheck your registrar's panel.
Not all registrars send such notifications.

•••
I have a question.
Afternic Premium (DLS I guess), when you have fast transfer active (BIN price), you will find your domain when you search on godaddy, namecheap, dynadot etc.. (I checked myself, this is not a question).
But Sedo MLS, I have no idea what it is. Is it the same? Basically when you list a domain on Sedo.com and activate SedoMLS, will you be able to find and purchase your domain directly on partnering registrars' websites?
If certain registrar doesn't support Sedo/Afternic in full - then only your listing will be shown to the potential buyers...
The domain transfer itself should be processed in manual mode like any other regular sale.
I am not sure I understand this.
Can a registrar be on the Afternic Premium DLS network list, and not fully support Afternic DLS?

Dynadot supports both Afternic DLS and Sedo MLS, which other registrar does?
More specifically, Epik, Uniregistry, Namecheap and Namesilo.

•••
The same.
SedoMLS is technically the same as AfternicDLS.

Uniregistry doesn't support both.
Already said above.

•••
Uniregistry has its own marketplace and partner network.

Last edited:
•••
Can a registrar be on the Afternic Premium DLS network list, and not fully support Afternic DLS?
Premium means AUTOtransfer.
And nothing more.

•••
Premium means AUTOtransfer.
And nothing more.
You might be right, but when GD displays a "premium domain" for sale it defines it this way:

"Premium Domain
Since this domain has one or more important qualities – short, recognizable, easy to remember or spell, etc. – this is considered a premium domain and is more likely to drive traffic to your site."

•••
I'm talking about Premium Sedo/Afternic PARTNERS.
Not about domains.

Last edited:
•••
If certain registrar doesn't support Sedo/Afternic in full
Hi. Thanks for all the insights. Can you please throw some light on what would you mean with "Support Sedo/Afternic in full"?
Do you mean different registrar would provide different level of support to Afternic or Sedo? Could you guide with this part in detail and how does this affect the possibility of finding a domain across the search path at the registrars?

•••
Basic MLS/DLS is designed to distribute your listings among Sedo/Afternic partners.
Premium (FULL) partners support AUTOtransfer if domain was sold.
What is hard to understand here???

Last edited:
•••
As example:
Dynadot - Premium MLS/DLS partner.
1and1 - Basic MLS partner.

Last edited:
•••
Afternic fast transfer supports only limited extensions(com, net, org, co), Where as Sedo MLS supports lot of extensions.

•••
how does this affect the possibility of finding a domain across the search path at the registrars?
This doesn't affect.
Basic or Premium registrar doesn't matter, "the possibility of finding a domain" is equal.

•••
Uniregistry has its own marketplace and partner network.
do they actually have their own marketplace, like sedo and afternic? Or do they just call it the market and its really just their landing page service?

•••
do they actually have their own marketplace, like sedo and afternic? Or do they just call it the market and its really just their landing page service?
Yes, and it is called Uniregistry Market: https://uniregistry.com/market
+ they have their own partners to distribute your listings like various WHOIS services etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back