Domain Empire

Afternic Fast Transfer Vs Sedo MLS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Which is better Afternic Fast Transfer or Sedo MLS?

If you activiate both on same domain what will happen? Because some registrars are listed in both of them like dynadot and name.com.

Also isn't it better to list the domains directly in Dynadot aftermarket and Godaddy aftermarket? Rather than making them linked to Sedo or Afternic.

One more thing: in Sedo it says activate Sedo MLS near my domains, although I already see
my domains showing as premium in name.com for example, same with Afternic it says opt-in to Fast Transfer altough I already see my domain as premium in Goddady..

This is very confusing to me..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Which is better Afternic Fast Transfer or Sedo MLS?

If you activiate both on same domain what will happen? Because some registrars are listed in both of them like dynadot and name.com.

Also isn't it better to list the domains directly in Dynadot aftermarket and Godaddy aftermarket? Rather than making them linked to Sedo or Afternic.

One more thing: in Sedo it says activate Sedo MLS near my domains, although I already see
my domains showing as premium in name.com for example, same with Afternic it says opt-in to Fast Transfer altough I already see my domain as premium in Goddady..

This is very confusing to me..

Hello!

On the bold, what did you make of the responses you got? I somehow couldn't figure it.

Since some registrars belong to both networks, I'm trying to understand what happens if a domain gets sold (BIN) at one of those registrars. Who claims the sale, Sedo or Afternic? I don't get it.

Last edited:
•••
Hello!

On the bold, what did you make of the responses you got? I somehow couldn't figure it.

Since some registrars belong to both networks, I'm trying to understand what happens if a domain gets sold (BIN) at one of those registrars. Who claims the sale, Sedo or Afternic? I don't get it.

I still have no clue.. I once asked Dynadot support in chat and they didn't give me a conclusive answer!

•••
•••
I actually learned about this process while on a call with a manager at one of these marketplaces. Basically what happens behind the scenes is the MLS registrars have what's called a "vendor preference". An internal ranking that essentially determines which marketplace gets the credit for the sale.

So if a registrar is part of multiple MLS networks then that registrar decides who to attribute for the sale regardless of where the referral actually came from (because that's impossible to track). This means marketplaces probably negotiate their vendor preference ranking when forming these partnerships.

•••
I actually learned about this process while on a call with a manager at one of these marketplaces. Basically what happens behind the scenes is the MLS registrars have what's called a "vendor preference". An internal ranking that essentially determines which marketplace gets the credit for the sale.

So if a registrar is part of multiple MLS networks then that registrar decides who to attribute for the sale regardless of where the referral actually came from (because that's impossible to track). This means marketplaces probably negotiate their vendor preference ranking when forming these partnerships.

Thanks, Deven! This is helpful.

•••
Afternic fast transfer supports only limited extensions(com, net, org, co), Where as Sedo MLS supports lot of extensions.
Exact. .xyz is not eligible for Fast Transfer at Afternic. But Sedo does it. Always consider both for better sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back