IT.COM

.HOMES re-released

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Customized.homes still available!

Take it - before i will do it! :whistle:

•••
'New' extensions are five years old already. Now is a good time to reflect on the past to draw some lessons.

@Kate, You see all new extensions as one group and have been against them even before they were released in 2014, now some of us see Certain Keyword / Extension Combinations as both useful and viable choices especially when you can find good keywords at standard registration and renewals. Now I agree that people should not go overboard with registering any domain that they see and thus even those who are big fans of .homes have been advising everyone to be very selective with their domains, but to listen to the advice of naysayers and completely stay away from an opportunity to find a few good domains does not sound right since without taking some calculated risk with new opportunities as they represent themselves there will never be any rewards to look forward to. IMO

•••
From Kate;
Domainers have a lot of options too, and it's funny how fast they move on from one extension to another, and quickly discard the lack of results from past investments gambles.

How long will the fad last this time ? Not for long I predict, given that new extensions are released or relaunched so often, and keep distracting the newbies.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

That's the whole of point of SEO. Rank any domain.

Long haul. Sounds familiar. I'd rather say long hole for your wallet :)

'New' extensions are five years old already. Now is a good time to reflect on the past to draw some lessons.

Ms. Kate....in all due respect you know your rants don't hold water with me. Remember me...NOT the same Richard Morris from the UDRP filing from 2007 involving Capital Bankcard.

Now for a teachable moment for you. As an fyi "homes" aren't a FAD. I'm guessing you live in one that most likely a builder built, a realtor sold and you bought. There's a chance you may have built it yourself, but less than a 1% chance.

You probably aren't aware of this, but I live in a town that runs one of the most profitable sites on the internet. Do you know what that site is? Yes, it's Homes(.)com. It's owned by Dominion Enterprises whose founder (now deceased) Frank Batten was the first billionaire in my town. His son Frank Batten Jr. now operates the business, and it was under his guidance Dominion(.)Domains, llc and .homes was started just a few years ago. What's all this mean to you Ms. Kate? Probably not much, but do you recall me saying registries/registrars, brokers and domainers like yourself couldn't sell their way out of a wet paper bag. I'm serious, and proof of this was just confirmed by Verisign in November, and by my interviews in Vegas at NamesCon just a month ago.

Now, the "past" i want you to reflect on is "Bulloney", now ThatNameGuy. Might you have a clue why the vanity plates on my car say "NAME GUY". Reflect back again, and somehow I'm not suppose to be here due to your best efforts:xf.rolleyes:

Kate, I still don't know who you are, but please give my regards to our mutual friend John Berryhill. Tell him I'm renewing old acquaintances and making new ones like with Afilias all around the city of brotherly love where I just so happen to own some real sweet .home domains.

Oh, and one last thing....neither you or any of your friends here on NP will ever know about any of my sales unless you happen to be at a trade show looking over my shoulder or listening in on a deal I'm making. I'm sorry to be such a thorn in you side, but someone has to do it:xf.wink: If you yourself weren't so antagonistic and confrontational, this conversation wouldn't need to be. Please try and have a good weekend:xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
even those who are big fans of .homes have been advising everyone to be very selective with their domains
That advice does not reflect in the stream of new registrations. Especially when the .com counterparts are not even registered.
It's not being a naysayer when you caution people against buying stuff that obviously nobody wants.

•••
It's not being a naysayer when you caution people against buying stuff that obviously nobody wants.

Some of the people on this thread might want to use their domains themselves, so selling might not be the first priority for everyone, that's why I believe in having a small portfolio of .homes, I might want to use some of my domains like “SelfSustaining.homes“ to create more awareness about green homes.

•••
Domainers have a lot of options too, and it's funny how fast they move on from one extension to another, and quickly discard the lack of results from past investments gambles.
For example: https://www.namepros.com/threads/house-domains.1025815/
How long will the fad last this time ? Not for long I predict, given that new extensions are released or relaunched so often, and keep distracting the newbies.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

That's the whole of point of SEO. Rank any domain.

Long haul. Sounds familiar. I'd rather say long hole for your wallet :)

Not really a big fan of .houses , only .homes and .dev TBH, not looking to flip mine, going to be building something , thats the true value to me IMO. Not going to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a .com when I can get .homes for under 20 bucks.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I would never go around making an unsubstantiated claim that .COM is going to rank better than .HOMES, and if I did it would certainly have empirical evidence to back it up.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You made the claim based on what some random unseen SEO people said apparently. That is hearsay first of all, and anecdotal as well. You are going to need something far more compelling to back a claim like that.

My agenda is I don't like people spreading misinformation and BS.

Brad

Can moving to a new TLD boost search rankings?

https://searchengineland.com/can-moving-new-tld-boost-search-rankings-250666

•••
I would never go around making an unsubstantiated claim that .COM is going to rank better than .HOMES, and if I did it would certainly have empirical evidence to back it up.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You made the claim based on what some random unseen SEO people said apparently. That is hearsay first of all, and anecdotal as well. You are going to need something far more compelling to back a claim like that.

My agenda is I don't like people spreading misinformation and BS.

Brad

WHats your take on this ????? or is this BS still ?

Can moving to a new TLD boost search rankings?

https://searchengineland.com/can-moving-new-tld-boost-search-rankings-250666

•••
So wwwweb....who do you really work for, and what's your agenda? I just reg'd eGreen.homes. First because I could, and second because I delight in the opportunity you and other critics present...it's like the gift that keeps on giving:xf.grin: You know as well as everyone else these names were just released to the likes of GoDaddy and Dynadot just 45 days ago on January 14th, 2019. And I think after Stub started this thread, you were one of the first ones to post poking fun of the registry for holding back Smart.homes and asking 600K for it. I can't say as they don't deserve it...the "poking fun", but I guess they have their reasons like I have my reasons for hand regging eSmart.homes, then eSolar.homes and now eGreen.homes.

I've gotten so I trust very few people in this industry, and especially old timers with an agenda. Sure, the registry has held quite a few names back, but I've been able to find and register my share of pretty good names, and it's not because I know the guys who run the registry:xf.wink: I can assure you that gives me zero advantage, or it may even be to my detriment:xf.frown:

As for renewals ramping up 3-4x? I guess you know that to be a fact? I didn't think so:xf.rolleyes:

I don't know if you know anything about business, but my 50 years of experience tells me when people are spewing smoke. I wasn't born yesterday like other NP members at NamesCon learned. With me, what you see is what you get, and please don't tell me or anyone else you're here to help. There...did I make myself clear? Try to have a nice weekend, and try not to think about me too much:xf.grin:
I work for myself. E and I domains have have been pretty slow for the last few years, and that trend is pretty dried up now, mixed into a gtld combo, that’s another wasted registration.

Right now registrations are around $10-15, it is stated quite clearly when you register renewal are going to be $30-40 next year based on your account status. So yes it is a fact.

These names were not released 45 days ago, but over a year ago. The people who you know when they had the chance, and traction of gtld marketing releases behind them screwed this up over false hope, and greed. When they saw no traction they had to remarket at a lower pricing model, otherwise their extension was kaput.

I understand you weren’t born yesterday but your namepros registration date of Nov 2017, with restricted status shows you kind of were in this space.

There is a million great .homes domains, actually every major city can have a good name attached to it. The problem is the registry has reserved, and put unattainable high premiums on them, or nobody in the industry is willing to pay a middle man premium for one because they have other options. If you ask any schooled domainer how hard it is to deal in the real estate space in general, they will have you shaking your head to some of your buys.

Guys like Brad have nothing to prove here, his opinion which you are getting for free is quite valuable, as he has a great track record. You wouldn’t know this because you have been here since 2017, and have been to busy bickering to actually listen to people who are successful in this industry.

That’s great you went to namescon, and have that warm tingly feeling when you got back home, but it’s a marketing event, it did what it was supposed to do, give you hope, get you to come back home, and spend more money, even though you are just doing what you think is right, not following sales trends, or reports.

I think there was some flyers you could have taken on the rerelease of this extension that may yield $1500 or less type sales, but it is going to take time, and real estate brokers love to low ball so if you want to waste your golden years listening to lowball $100 offers on your precious .homes gems be my guest.

Nobody ever said domaining was easy, to be honest domaining is the hardest I have ever seen it in 2019.

Let’s take your precious egreen.homes as an example the .com someone didn’t think was worth renewing for $10 in 2017, where it dropped, and passed thru backordered, and was finally caught on a low tier catch by huge names, and sits with a parking for sale lander, with payment plan unsold. Now how do you expect to sell your gem, when they make it quite easy to acquire the .com? Do you realize the gtld contracts allow registries to raise prices by infinite amounts, and they don’t need to inform the registrant, only the registrar.

As for poking fun, no that was an observation, yes I believe smart.homes was $600k, if you don’t see an issue with that, then I guess you proved my point throughout this thread that you have absolutely no idea what you are doing, and maybe it is time for the powers to be to take your credit card away from you so you don’t do anymore financial harm to yourself, or your family.

I wish you luck, but your working much to hard to to find yourself 2 steps behind from where you first started.

•••
•••
From wwweb;
I work for myself. E and I domains have have been pretty slow for the last few years, and that trend is pretty dried up now, mixed into a gtld combo, that’s another wasted registration.

Right now registrations are around $10-15, it is stated quite clearly when you register renewal are going to be $30-40 next year based on your account status. So yes it is a fact.

These names were not released 45 days ago, but over a year ago. The people who you know when they had the chance, and traction of gtld marketing releases behind them screwed this up over false hope, and greed. When they saw no traction they had to remarket at a lower pricing model, otherwise their extension was kaput.

I understand you weren’t born yesterday but your namepros registration date of Nov 2017, with restricted status shows you kind of were in this space.

There is a million great .homes domains, actually every major city can have a good name attached to it. The problem is the registry has reserved, and put unattainable high premiums on them, or nobody in the industry is willing to pay a middle man premium for one because they have other options. If you ask any schooled domainer how hard it is to deal in the real estate space in general, they will have you shaking your head to some of your buys.

Guys like Brad have nothing to prove here, his opinion which you are getting for free is quite valuable, as he has a great track record. You wouldn’t know this because you have been here since 2017, and have been to busy bickering to actually listen to people who are successful in this industry.

That’s great you went to namescon, and have that warm tingly feeling when you got back home, but it’s a marketing event, it did what it was supposed to do, give you hope, get you to come back home, and spend more money, even though you are just doing what you think is right, not following sales trends, or reports.

I think there was some flyers you could have taken on the rerelease of this extension that may yield $1500 or less type sales, but it is going to take time, and real estate brokers love to low ball so if you want to waste your golden years listening to lowball $100 offers on your precious .homes gems be my guest.

Nobody ever said domaining was easy, to be honest domaining is the hardest I have ever seen it in 2019.

Let’s take your precious egreen.homes as an example the .com someone didn’t think was worth renewing for $10 in 2017, where it dropped, and passed thru backordered, and was finally caught on a low tier catch by huge names, and sits with a parking for sale lander, with payment plan unsold. Now how do you expect to sell your gem, when they make it quite easy to acquire the .com? Do you realize the gtld contracts allow registries to raise prices by infinite amounts, and they don’t need to inform the registrant, only the registrar.

As for poking fun, no that was an observation, yes I believe smart.homes was $600k, if you don’t see an issue with that, then I guess you proved my point throughout this thread that you have absolutely no idea what you are doing, and maybe it is time for the powers to be to take your credit card away from you so you don’t do anymore financial harm to yourself, or your family.

I wish you luck, but your working much to hard to to find yourself 2 steps behind from where you first started.
From ThatNameBuy™
Wow...your rant proves to me that this industry is just as screwed up as Verisign said. A couple of things I'll address however involves your misinterpretation of the facts, and your statement that the registry will be going up 3 x 4 times the current renewal soon after someone buys a .homes domain. Just for the record, when I buy a .homes domain directly from Dominion it clearly states: "$29.98 / year renewal". I don't know what that means to you, but I know what it means....at least for my first year of renewal, if the fee has changed, their in some BIG trouble as far as I'm concerned. For the record, they don't want to mess with me, not just because of who I know in this town, but what I know.

And as for your comments about selling domain names to the real estate markets, the typical model of how domains are sold to "end users" is fraught with failure. You don't know what you don't know, and I guess you don't know there's a new domainer on the block that knows just a little more about selling to "end users" than you'll ever know. I guess you haven't had a cute realtor (yes sexist) working a booth at the National Association of Home Builders convention in Vegas selling domains to builders. Shame on you if you never thought of that:xf.grin:

Then as for Dominion hoarding all the good domains, that's only partially true. Yes, they own most of the big city names, but a friend of mine and I own names like; Sonoma.homes, Coranado.homes and names for some of the fastest growing communities in the country. Shame on you again if you never thought of that.

Finally, I just bought the name Bills.homes this am and it's valued at GD for $2,313 (see the "marketing" reason why a majority of my domains are hand reg'd at GD) BillsHomes.com is for sale for a little over $3,000 at afternic or "if" I could have bought it at GD for reg fee of just $8 I'd own that too. Then take a look at Bobs.homes or Miller.homes (premium domains owned by Dominion) or any other common first or last name .coms and you'll learn that it just isn't large city names that realtors or builders are interested in. Shame on you again for not doing research.

That's about all I can say to you other than you should think seriously about the domain business model that's holding you down.Maybe it's time for a change:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Sponsored Content: Rightside

I am shocked that a sponsored study showed beneficial results for the sponsor!

You are also a few years late on this. The methodology of this type of "case study" has been thoroughly debated.

Brad

Well I'm not worried , my take on this and IMO getting the .com and .homes is the value here as it secure branding IMO if you looking to develop the site . If someone is hoping there going cash out big on .homes just sitting on them that wont happen anytime soon IMO. If anyone is looking to get a .homes try to secure the .com with it but only if your looking to build a website and use it, other then that IMO its a waste of time and money if your hoping to get cashed out.

•••
Earthship.homes

google Earthship, those are pretty cool homes.

•••
From wwweb;

From ThatNameBuy™
Wow...your rant proves to me that this industry is just as screwed up as Verisign said. A couple of things I'll address however involves your misinterpretation of the facts, and your statement that the registry will be going up 3 x 4 times the current renewal soon after someone buys a .homes domain. Just for the record, when I buy a .homes domain directly from Dominion it clearly states: "$29.98 / year renewal". I don't know what that means to you, but I know what it means....at least for my first year of renewal, if the fee has changed, their in some BIG trouble as far as I'm concerned. For the record, they don't want to mess with me, not just because of who I know in this town, but what I know.

And as for your comments about selling domain names to the real estate markets, the typical model of how domains are sold to "end users" is fraught with failure. You don't know what you don't know, and I guess you don't know there's a new domainer on the block that knows just a little more about selling to "end users" than you'll ever know. I guess you haven't had a cute realtor (yes sexist) working a booth at the National Association of Home Builders convention in Vegas selling domains to builders. Shame on you if you never thought of that:xf.grin:

Then as for Dominion hoarding all the good domains, that's only partially true. Yes, they own most of the big city names, but a friend of mine and I own names like; Sonoma.homes, Coranado.homes and names for some of the fastest growing communities in the country. Shame on you again if you never thought of that.

Finally, I just bought the name Bills.homes this am and it's valued at GD for $2,313 (see the "marketing" reason why a majority of my domains are hand reg'd at GD) BillsHomes.com is for sale for a little over $3,000 at afternic or "if" I could have bought it at GD for reg fee of just $8 I'd own that too. Then take a look at Bobs.homes or Miller.homes (premium domains owned by Dominion) or any other common first or last name .coms and you'll learn that it just isn't large city names that realtors or builders are interested in. Shame on you again for not doing research.

That's about all I can say to you other than you should think seriously about the domain business model that's holding you down.Maybe it's time for a change:xf.rolleyes:
In regards to the 3-4X price increase in renewals, as I stated people are paying $10-15 right now in first year registration, the renewals are not going to be the same price, they are ramping up to $30-40. If you are paying $29 right now, then your already behind the 8 ball.

I actually hold record sales in 6 or 7 GTLD extensions. I don't think you have ever even sold a domain for 4 figures. You are listening to the wrong people, your registry friends can provide you with little to no advice when it comes to the end user experience in the domain industry. Right now they sit with a registry with not even one public documented sale. If they have sold direct to end users themselves thru their premium channel, their marketing department is very lazy in not bringing forth those sales.

You are simply just talking on fumes, there is no substance behind your words. Your talking on hopes, and dreams in a perfect world. Some people are only now selling their .com's that they have seen maturing for 10-20 years, this is very much so a marathon, not a sprint. The metrics of gtld extensions against low sell thru rates sometimes just can't work as you cannot outrun your renewal expenses across a portfolio.

I really hope you find prosperity within this industry, because you are putting in the work, but your just not going about it the right way.

•••
In regards to the 3-4X price increase in renewals, as I stated people are paying $10-15 right now in first year registration, the renewals are not going to be the same price, they are ramping up to $30-40. If you are paying $29 right now, then your already behind the 8 ball.

I actually hold record sales in 6 or 7 GTLD extensions. I don't think you have ever even sold a domain for 4 figures. You are listening to the wrong people, your registry friends can provide you with little to no advice when it comes to the end user experience in the domain industry. Right now they sit with a registry with not even one public documented sale. If they have sold direct to end users themselves thru their premium channel, their marketing department is very lazy in not bringing forth those sales.

You are simply just talking on fumes, there is no substance behind your words. Your talking on hopes, and dreams in a perfect world. Some people are only now selling their .com's that they have seen maturing for 10-20 years, this is very much so a marathon, not a sprint. The metrics of gtld extensions against low sell thru rates sometimes just can't work as you cannot outrun your renewal expenses across a portfolio.

I really hope you find prosperity within this industry, because you are putting in the work, but your just not going about it the right way.

And that's nothing more than your opinion my friend. You expect me to buy your BS answer about registrations going up 3-4X. I already know better and I proved it to you. You're wasting your time debating with me about how to sell anything. Like I said; domainers, brokers and even the registries couldn't sell their way out of a wet paper bag. As for Dominion, the registry we're referring to, their no different than the rest. I'm not defending them. I know for a fact they have zero real sales experience like you. If you did, you wouldn't be here defending the 10-20 year hold and maturing of domains in order to turn a profit in this industry. Did you hear what Verisign said about this industry just a few months ago? I mean the the "hoarding" and "scalping" of domains to the detriment of all businesses and consumers? The nature of the beast is costing businesses and consumers billions of dollars, and that's not an exaggeration:xf.smile:

And as far as your success vs.my success and my "not going about it the right way" It's comments like that just make my day ....keep 'em coming:xf.eek:

•••
CreekSide.homes

i'm getting a little ahead of myself regging just one .homes a day for the foreseeable future, but I couldn't help but reg this name because I live on "Long Creek" here in Virginia Beach, and why I didn't think of this before now, your guess is as good as mine. Come to think of it, I grew up on a creek in Maryland where the creek ran through a neighborhood of about 200 homes. We'd spend hours and hours every day catching crawfish and watching tadpoles grow into frogs. Hell, a developer, builder or a realtor probably couldn't pay me enough to give up this domain and the memories that go with it:xf.smile:

•••
Theme.homes
For those of you who don't think this registry (Domain.domains) hasn't left some nice scraps on the table, think again. If you don't know what a theme "home" is, you probably shouldn't be in this business. I also just had an epiphany that could very well put your and my ngTLD's on display. How so? After hand regging Theme.homes, i checked to see "if" ThemeHomes(.)com was available to register. I didn't think it would be, and sure enough it wasn't. Then i tried to see "if" it lead to a website, or was it just hanging out their in domain cyberspace? It wasn't, but it was attached to Frank Schillings brokerage DomainNameSales (.)com. There's a picture of Frank right there on the front page. I don't know how much the brokerage or the seller might want for the name, but I'll soon find out:xf.wink:

Now for the epiphany...what if I were to list theme.homes on a secondary platform for a very reasonable price, at least a 50% discount to whatever the .com is selling for? Furthermore, because my ngTLD is an exact match to the .com domain, why couldn't a registrar like GD point you to the site/sites that sell secondary domains? Why isn't this being done now?

I hope you were able to follow my logic, but it makes sense to me and it would go a long way to correct the hoarding and scalping problem that plagues this industry.

•••
Now for the epiphany...what if I were to list theme.homes on a secondary platform for a very reasonable price, at least a 50% discount to whatever the .com is selling for?

It would likely sit there not selling, just like the .COM.

I think you are going to need a much larger gap to make .homes appealing vs .COM. Most people would likely just buy the .COM for 2x the price than the .homes.

Furthermore, because my ngTLD is an exact match to the .com domain, why couldn't a registrar like GD point you to the site/sites that sell secondary domains? Why isn't this being done now?

Why would they do that? What would be the benefit for GoDaddy to send traffic to a 3rd party website?

Brad

•••
From Brad;
Why would owners of ngTLD's list their domains on a secondary market? It would likely sit there not selling, just like the .COM.

I think you are going to need a much larger gap to make .homes appealing vs .COM. Most people would likely just buy the .COM for 2x the price than the .homes.

Why would they do that? What would be the benefit for GoDaddy to send traffic to a 3rd party website?

Brad
[/QUOTE]
Now we're talking Brad..checking further and I need confirmation, but the asking price for Themehomes(.)com is around $3,000. My volume driven business model calls for a fixed price of $600 per ngTLD or an "average" price of $600, but none over $999. At $600 that would make the ngTLD selling at an 80% discount to the .com:xf.wink:

What you need to keep in mind, many of the .coms aren't available because they're either in use, or the "end user" doesn't have a clue how to find them or even if they do, how to negotiate a sale.

Now for the incentive for GoDaddy to send traffic to a third party, and keep in mind even that's not necessary. Commissions and ongoing registrations are plenty incentive, especially if they weren't going to sell them the .com they initially wanted.

As of a few hours ago, I'm already exploring this with one of the better known registrars. The only thing I will tell you is if this were to fly, .com only promoters will be going crazy, especially if it's combined with my progressive and aggressive outbound marketing plan. I'm just glad as hell I'm diversified, and you should be too.

Finally, the other benefit to all this is the exposure and education ngTLD's can have worldwide. You know....Australia, Canada, UK etc. And just one more thing Brad...a friend and family member is Eric Sasser who is one of the largest custom home builders in my area. He even built Michael Vicks home that has one of the largest in home entertainment centers you'll find anywhere. And if you don't believe what I'm telling you (you rarely do), I would suggest you go to SasserHomes(.)com to see what I'm telling you about "Theme Homes":xf.rolleyes:, or do you not know what a theme home is?

•••
i'm getting a little ahead of myself regging just one .homes a day for the foreseeable future,

I see a lot of people are registering .homes at Dynadot for $9.99.

Don't forget that renewals are $33.

If you get one a day, and have 365 to renew, that's $12,045

•••
I see a lot of people are registering .homes at Dynadot for $9.99.

Don't forget that renewals are $33.

If you get one a day, and have 365 to renew, that's $12,045
Thanks for that insight, but once I learned Dominion was registering them for $10 I decided to register them right here in my home town. Also, I'll probably cap my domains at 100 or at tops 150. Dominion is saying they'll renew at $29. Most of this is moot "if" I'm successful selling domains my way. Besides, if I end up registering 150 at $29 that's just $4,350, and assumes I renew 100% and don't sell anything.

I wish you knew me because passion, confidence and a little common sense rules the day. Thanks again for the advise:xf.wink:

•••
Investing in ngTLDs is a long-term investment (maybe hold for several years to be sold) as they need years to gain end users' awareness. Therefore, I don't recommend to excessively invest in an ngTLD extension as it is very risky that costs accumulate yearly while sales are uncertain (probably an ngTLD extension may even fail eventaully). It is better to diversify portfolio (i.e. diversification in extensions) and only hold a few great names for each ngTLD invested. We all should know that great ngTLDs domain names are much better than crappy .com domain names, and crappy .com domain names are much better than crappy ngTLDs domain names. Also, perfectly matched Keyword.Extension is better than KeywordExtension.com.

I have only one standard priced .homes: Shared.Homes

•••
Investing in ngTLDs is a long-term investment (maybe hold for several years to be sold) as they need years to gain end users' awareness. Therefore, I don't recommend to excessively invest in an ngTLD extension as it is very risky that costs accumulate yearly while sales are uncertain (probably an ngTLD extension may even fail eventaully). It is better to diversify portfolio (i.e. diversification in extensions) and only hold a few great names for each ngTLD invested. We all should know that great ngTLDs domain names are much better than crappy .com domain names, and crappy .com domain names are much better than crappy ngTLDs domain names. Also, perfectly matched Keyword.Extension is better than KeywordExtension.com.

I have only one standard priced .homes: Shared.Homes
Henry...first thanks for your post, but are you aware of the reason why ngTLD's aren't selling? I would agree that one shouldn't invest "excessively" in any ngTLD extension, but "excessively" is very subjective. I see you don't share any information about yourself so I can't give much credibility to what you're saying. If all you can afford is just one ngTLD in this extension I'd recommend you save your money and buy a beer or a burger instead. As an fyi, I've invested to date less than a thousand dollars for about 90 .homes domains. These domains are in an industry, real estate and home building, that I happen to know a lot about and have a lot of connections. When you combine that with my sales and marketing experience and my 50 years of experience in the NAME business it makes no sense to put my hard earned dollars to work anywhere else.
Good luck to you Henry with Shared.Homes, but I'd highly recommend that you own at least a half dozen more .homes names "if" you can afford it, just in case you're wrong and I'm right:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Keeping up with my reg a day .homes purchases, I thought Swap.homes might be available, but sadly it wasn't. So then I check to see if Exchange.homes was available, and Dominion, the registry that owns .homes has it reserved, and is asking $5,499.99 for it. Not to be deterred I kept looking for a name that a realtor could use to attract business, or someone who books vacations, and I struck domain pay dirt with xChange.homes Surprisingly GD values exchange.homes and xchange.homes for the same thing or around $2,400. I wonder if Dominion and I are at the same realtor trade show like the NAR or the VRA and they're selling their Exchange.homes for $5,499.99, and I'm selling my xChange.homes for 999.99(the top of my .homes price range) whose domain might sell first? I'm just asking:xf.wink:

My bigger point here is there are still some pretty good .homes names left if you're so inclined. I know one of the .com faithful said there have been no sales yet of this extension (it's really only been available for 45 days), but I've yet to take my show on the road. Stay tuned...the best is yet to come(y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back