IT.COM

.HOMES re-released

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On 3/4/2019 you regged xChange.homes. Almost a year and half here. My goodness. It's like no learning takes place.

•••
Keeping up with my reg a day .homes purchases, I thought Swap.homes might be available, but sadly it wasn't. So then I check to see if Exchange.homes was available, and Dominion, the registry that owns .homes has it reserved, and is asking $5,499.99 for it. Not to be deterred I kept looking for a name that a realtor could use to attract business, or someone who books vacations, and I struck domain pay dirt with xChange.homes

So after the top two preferred terms were not available in "Swap Homes" and "Exchange Homes", you moved on to a 3rd rate term. That is when you should move on to a different concept.

That is exactly what the registry hopes for - they can keep anything decent, then extract as much revenue as possible on the scraps.

I wonder if Dominion and I are at the same realtor trade show like the NAR or the VRA and they're selling their Exchange.homes for $5,499.99, and I'm selling my xChange.homes for 999.99(the top of my .homes price range) whose domain might sell first? I'm just asking:xf.wink:

I would say the (2) most likely outcomes are -

1.) Neither sell.
2.) The buyer just buys the .COM for $2,395.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Henry...first thanks for your post, but are you aware of the reason why ngTLD's aren't selling? I would agree that one shouldn't invest "excessively" in any ngTLD extension, but "excessively" is very subjective. I see you don't share any information about yourself so I can't give much credibility to what you're saying. If all you can afford is just one ngTLD in this extension I'd recommend you save your money and buy a beer or a burger instead. As an fyi, I've invested to date less than a thousand dollars for about 90 .homes domains. These domains are in an industry, real estate and home building, that I happen to know a lot about and have a lot of connections. When you combine that with my sales and marketing experience and my 50 years of experience in the NAME business it makes no sense to put my hard earned dollars to work anywhere else.
Good luck to you Henry with Shared.Homes, but I'd highly recommend that you own at least a half dozen more .homes names "if" you can afford it, just in case you're wrong and I'm right:xf.wink:

I don't understand your logic that you don't give credibility just because I don't share my personal information. Credibility is based on sharing of personal information? If someone share unverified (or fake) personal information about themselves, you think they are credible?

Credibility should be based on behaviors and actions. You can see my portfolio in my signature. I invest in a few names in some ngTLDs (no more than 6 names for each invested ngTLDs) such as .xyz, .club, .chat, .news, .loans, .app, .capital, .cash, etc. My portfolio supports what I said. This gives my credibility.

I have extra money to invest in more .homes, but I won't do so as only very few standard priced .homes are worth investing but they were already registered by others. The names now available for registering at standard price are crappy. I prefer to buy burgers rather than buy the crappy names.

I guess you have retired or will retire soon as you mentioned you have 50 years of experience. If you are rich that you have no concern about living and medical expenses in your retirement life, and you can easily find buyers for your .homes domains, then of course you can continue to invest in your .homes extension. Otherwise, you better invest in more conservative investments. This is my humble advice. One thing I hope you should also note that you have a lot of connections, but the connections may not be buyers.

•••
I'm feeling so sensational this evening I just registered:

Sensational.homes

SensationalHomes(.)com just sold for an nCredible amount at Undeveloped, and since one of the Diva Realtors I know loves purple and pink I thought I might save this for her.

Thanks for all the love and support everyone. I just hope that your home is as sensational as mine:xf.smile:

•••
WilshireBlvd.homes

wilshireBlvd_homes.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
WilshireBlvd.homes

Show attachment 111468

Cheers
Corey
Corey...that looks absolutely sensational. Although I've been to Hollywood several times, I would have never dreamed that Wilshire Blvd would have worked with the .homes extension like you portrayed it. Did you know Wilshire Blvd has it's own Wiki page? Check it out where you'll learn just how popular it is.

Just a couple more things...my opinion of course. I checked to see if the .com equivalent is available and it is, but I don't like it....way too many letters. Finally, I know you're from down under and you have quite a portfolio of .homes names as well as cannabis, marijuana, pot names etc. You may have heard me talk about taking my names on the road, and if you're interested in learning more about that just send me a PM and i'll let you know what I mean. .AU has roads, doesn't it:xf.wink:

I loved your comment about art, "Art is anything you can get away with?" It really grabbed my attention. Thanks(y)

•••
wilshireblvd dot.com is available & considered premium - cost = $35,117.82

Cheers
Corey

•••
Demographics and .homes

As most of you are aware I'm far from your typical domainer, and I'm proud of it. Believe it or not I feel blessed that I don't fit the mold. I just picked up a couple more .homes domains this am after doing some demographic research using the internet.

First let me say that having been a home owner for 45 years and very involved in my local community I know that when it comes to real estate "Everything is Local". Sure there are exceptions, but very few. Along this theme, and btw I own Theme.homes I'm aware there are still literally thousands of good .homes domains yet to be registered.

So why did I buy the domain Bellaire.homes just an hour ago? While many a domainer try to find reasons NOT to buy a domain, I prefer to find good reasons why to buy a domain. Here are a few of the demographic reasons;

1. Bellaire Texas has a population of approximately 18,000
2. Bellaire has 6,324 Households
3. Bellaire has a median household income of $187,800
4. Bellaire home ownership is 88%
5.There are 100+ realtors in Bellaire
6. There are 35+ home builders in Bellaire.

These are just a few of the demographics on Bellaire,Texas. So I ask this question, armed with this information WHY wouldn't anyone want to own the domain Bellaire.homes, especially if they could buy it for $10?

Finally, the name Bellaire is pretty cool imho. My Dad use to own a 1957 Bel Air Chevrolet Convertible. Of course it's spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Also, there is a Bellaire Ohio with a population of 5,000 and an auto dealership called Bellaire Auto.and another one called Bellaire Motors.

I could just go on and on, but it's a moot point if you can't sell/market the domain Bellaire.homes. Like the "Little Train that Could".....I think I Can, I think I Can:xf.grin:

•••
@ThatNameGuy - there are other places too!

bellaire.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
.homes craze..

Why does everyone registers .homes ? :/
They must be dumb.. Only billions of people in the world need home..

There's nothing good at $10 though..
Nobody bought Vancouver.homes for $6,000.. Pay for that instead of a bunch of .homes reg fees.. If you buy 100 .homes, that is over $3,000 for the renewals first year.. Just buy an amazing one?

Vancouver homes prices will climb to $2.1 million by 2030: report

•••
Cousin Eddie Randy Quaid is from Bellaire, he might be a good spokesperson for your RV / 5th wheel / doublewide market, good luck!

•••
•••
ValleyView.Homes
This is my latest acquisition, and while ValleyViewHomes(.)com is for sale at GD/Afternic for $6,750, I'm looking forward to the day when my exact match gets some exposure when someone keys the .com version.

Just for the record valley views are every bit as good as waterfront views and better for some. I wonder which Valley Realtors might be interested; Yosemite Valley, Santa Clara Valley, Appalachia Valley? Still my very best .homes name is CheeseCake.homes that goes hand in hand with CheeseCakeHomes(.)com and CheeseCakeRealty(.)com. Let your imagination run wild and you'll understand why the Cheese Cake Diva will rule the land:xf.wink:

•••
My only geo was SiestaKey/homes ......the com version of this sold for xx,xxx.....other picks included Alliance......Quantum......Intelli........Support.......time will tell if they were wise choices ,I don’t intend on investing more into uncharted territory.

•••
My only geo was SiestaKey/homes ......the com version of this sold for xx,xxx.....other picks included Alliance......Quantum......Intelli........Support.......time will tell if they were wise choices ,I don’t intend on investing more into uncharted territory.
Darren...those are some real good names. I haven't been to Siesta Key on the gulf, but I see it's beautiful. Just think "if" in the future someone goes to key in SiestaKeyHomes(.)com, and because it's already spoken for (sold for $10,000), the new software takes the domain shopper to SiestaKey.homes, how cool:xf.cool: would that be?

btw, your other names are good too...Alliance.homes, Quantum.homes and Intelli.homes. As proof there are still some pretty good names out there to hand register I'm looking to pick up three more today; Cameo.homes, Anchor.homes and Cobalt.homes. All three have a .com equivalent, and at 10 bucks apiece, I just can't resist:xf.eek:

Thanks for chiming in and good luck. Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
Homes.com - Valuation $1.65M at Estibot

fyi...this is simply an info post about the new gTLD .homes...trust me, it's a BIG DEAL! The parent company of the company/registry Dominion Domains, llc that owns .homes is DominionEnterprises(.)com. If you go to their site, click on "Brands", then click on "Homes" What you'll learn there is that Homes.com has over 4 Million homes listed, and over 10 Million consumers/customers visiting their site each month.

Homes.com is valued at Estibot (another Dumb A** name like Sedo) at 1.65M, and much higher at other domain appraisal sites. Considering Cars.com sold for 872M (check it out), what might Homes.com really be worth? How about your .Homes domain(s)?

So what's the BIG DEAL?...don't make me laugh:ROFL:

•••

Nobody bought Vancouver.homes for $6,000.. Pay for that instead of a bunch of .homes reg fees.. If you buy 100 .homes, that is over $3,000 for the renewals first year.. Just buy an amazing one?

Vancouver homes prices will climb to $2.1 million by 2030: report[/QUOTE

That's too funny:ROFL: NameLlama. You obviously don't know what's about to happen when most all the xxxxxxhomes(.)com domains that are spoken for, and the "exact match"domain .homes becomes the alternative. Stay tuned my friend...there are tens of thousands more realtors and builders than "hoarded" .coms to go aroundO_o

•••
OK, go ahead, buy hundreds of .homes, good luck
But
What happens when every XXXXXXX.homes is taken and / or developed
What is alternative then
So one .com is taken XXXXXXHomes.com and now you add one alternative, XXXXXX.homes, problem solved?

•••
there are tens of thousands more realtors and builders than "hoarded" .coms to go aroundO_o
If I look for homes domain for Houston

I can get homesinhouston for 3580.. https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=homesinhouston.com
Is there a .Houston?

I can get houstonhomes in net for 7500.. https://www.afternic.com/domain/houstonhomes.net

I can get houstonhomeseller for 2295 http://houstonhomeseller.com
Is there a .Seller?

HoustonHomeBuyer, HoustonHomeBuyers

HoustonLuxury.Homes or HoustonLuxuryHomes.com? Whichlooks better.....

BestHouston.Homes or BestHoustonHomes.com Which looks better....

.Homes offers us one alternative. Good for them. But it is a bit funny that it is all they can offer, and then supply is dried up again. Even .net DOUBLES your options by existing, if it was the only alternative extension. Then .org adds more as well. ccTLD adds more.

Last edited:
•••
.Homes offers us one alternative. Good for them. But it is a bit funny that it is all they can offer, and then supply is dried up again. Even .net DOUBLES your options by existing, if it was the only alternative extension. Then .org adds more as well. ccTLD adds more.[/QUOTE]

This is even funnier than your first post. You obviously don't like new gTLD's, and that's your prerogative. My first name is Richard, and if I were a realtor and I couldn't own the domain richard @houstonhomes.com my second choice would be the "exact match" or richard @Houston.Homes. It's shorter, it's more distinct, it's more direct, and it's way cooler:xf.cool:, and that's my prerogative:xf.wink:

•••

Vancouver homes prices will climb to $2.1 million by 2030: report
Sorry NameLlama etal.... you said, "There's nothing good at $10", but I tend to differ. I've fallen behind my one a day .homes diet, but I just picked up these four domains to add to my portfolio;

Therapy.homes - for homes designed with a therapy theme

Dreamscape.homes - i have a friend who owns a landscaping company called Dreamscape Lawns and he's just killing it. I think Dreamscape.homes could do the same.

HarborView.homes - Whether it's the New York Harbor with 10,000 plus views of the Harbor, or the Norfolk/Portsmouth Harbor that anchors the worlds largest Navy, Harbor Views are absolutely breathtaking....this is speaking from experienceO_o

HarbourView.homes - while harbor is a noun and harbour is a verb, they're both used by realtors and home builders alike. For just $10, I figured it might be the prudent thing to do.

Finally, the registry that sold me these domains DominionDomains(.)com aka Dominion.homes, is attempting to sell Harbor.homes for $2,749 and Harbour.homes for $5,499 respectively. I don't know what they're thinking, but that would be like a builder/realtor selling me their model home for $10,000, and the next street over selling a replica of the model they sold me for $1,000,000 or one million dollars. I guess it makes sense to them, but WOW!

The other good point I'd like to make is....there are still plenty of good names to register for .homes, but you need to know how to price them and how to sell them. Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
There's still something seriously wrong with this industry. I currently own a little over 3% of the .homes domains, and I spent a little over a thousand dollars to purchase them. I own names like, Sunset.homes that I paid $10 for, where Dominion.Domains owns Sunrise.homes, and they're asking $5,499 for? Another example is I own Sonoma.homes that I paid $10 for, and Dominion is asking $5,499 for Napa.homes. And I have examples that are far more outrageous than this.

My point here is, WTF!!! How in the world Dominion expects to make money is way beyond my comprehension. All I need to do is sell a couple of my 100 .homes domains at $1,000 each to double my out of pocket investment, and I should be able to do that blindfolded. I've offered to help them, but they're far beyond my help. I've even given them a domain, DominionDomains.com they should have registered long before I even discovered this crazy industry.

For the record, I luv the .homes extension, and I'll make enough money on that extension alone to more than supplement my retirement income.

My final point is, there are still some pretty good .homes names that haven't been registered YET:xf.wink:

•••
CountryStyle.homes

countrystyle_homes.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
A pretty image doth not a quality domain make.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back