Dynadot

.HOMES re-released

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BryonBay.homes

byronbay_homes.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
Byron Bay is a coastal town in the southeastern Australian state of New South Wales. It’s a popular holiday destination, known for its beaches, surfing and scuba diving sites.

Not sure the registry included Geo keywords outside of their own Country!

Cheers
Corey

•••
i own adobe.homes. when i google adobehomes .com it forwards to roserealty.com. adobehomes.com doesn't even exist. seems they have nothing to protect.

•••
Don't forget that there is a company behind the .homes domain extension. They want legit companies to use the .homes domain to help validate the extension so they can sell premium domains at a later time for a high profit (eg NewYork.Homes, Seattle.Homes)

It is highly likely that Dominion Registries, the company that runs .homes have approached these big name real estate companies to use their .homes domain so that others will follow.

I see from your profile you're from the Pacific Northwest. This Inspired me to buy PacWest.homes...almost as good as Seattle.Homes.....maybe better? Thanks for the idea(y)

•••
.homes:xf.grin:

I want to start off this post by thanking Stub again for starting this thread just a few months ago.

I didn't initially come to this industry with the intent to shake it up, but now that Verisign has confirmed my observations and suspicions, SHAKE UP is what I intend to do.

The following is my response to a domain friend from Prague that will give you a hint of my plans. Anyone interested in learning more, you can reach me through my Lilnkedin bio attached to my NamePros profile, or just send me a pm.

lolWarrior aka Marek fromPrague;

"In my opinion, if you have really good .homes names, do not try to flip immediately...wait a bit, it will only grow in value."

My response;
"Thanks for your feedback Marek. I've accumulated a portfolio approaching 75 .homes domains, and regardless of how good they are, they won't sell themselves:xf.frown: This said, my marketing plan is still evolving and I'm looking to get some backing from the real estate and building industries. As you're probably aware, the registry that owns the .homes extension DominionDomains(.)com is right here in my hometown, and I was hoping to coordinate efforts, but I'm not sure that will ever come to fruition. Now it appears we may be competing at events like trade shows etc.

Marek, maybe it's time we coordinated efforts. You're a smart guy, and maybe it's time we meetup along with another .homes investor I've gotten to know from Canada. When's the next cheap flight from Prague to NY?"

On a final note...keeping my promise to buy a .homes domain a day for the foreseeable future, here are two I registered this am; PacWest.homes and Production.homes

•••
BirdStreets.homes

birdstreets_homes.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
More than a little surprised these three names were available;

NorthFace.homes
NorthFaceHomes.com
NorthFaceRealty.com

I use to ski at Seven Springs in Pennsylvania and the best slope at Seven Springs was called North Face. Over the years I must have skied North Face a hundred times. It's funny how old names conjure up domains, or is it domains conjure up old memories:xf.rolleyes: Regardless, North Face is a highly recognized name that should attract some attention:xf.wink:

•••
HolmbyHills.homes

holmbyhills_homes.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
I did a search of 500 city/town .homes domains in the US with a population of more than 40,000

102 were unavailable

272 were premium $600+

109 were available at regular reg fee.

Here is a list of the 109 domains that are available to register at regular price. Most seem to be towns that have a population of around 40,000

wylie.homes
thecolony.homes
lacey.homes
herriman.homes
northlauderdale.homes
fortpierce.homes
littleelm.homes
sangabriel.homes
hutchinson.homes
moline.homes
titusville.homes
lamirada.homes
bellgardens.homes
apachejunction.homes
pittsfield.homes
coachella.homes
wauwatosa.homes
oaklandpark.homes
sayreville.homes
puyallup.homes
northrichlandhills.homes
crystallake.homes
plantcity.homes
cuyahogafalls.homes
findlay.homes
fitchburg.homes
minot.homes
cedarfalls.homes
marlborough.homes
kannapolis.homes
hurst.homes
azusa.homes
grovecity.homes
ocoee.homes
maricopa.homes
royalpalmbeach.homes
urbandale.homes
calexico.homes
prescottvalley.homes
glenview.homes
maplewood.homes
apopka.homes
peachtreecorners.homes
mishawaka.homes
lapuente.homes
newnan.homes
cedarhill.homes
romeoville.homes
pleasantgrove.homes
westerville.homes
carolstream.homes
bentonville.homes
riverton.homes
collierville.homes
ranchopalosverdes.homes
goosecreek.homes
indiantrail.homes
oakley.homes
sheboygan.homes
bountiful.homes
sierravista.homes
woonsocket.homes
binghamton.homes
stlouispark.homes
westlafayette.homes
lompoc.homes
sumter.homes
stonecrest.homes
strongsville.homes
covina.homes
wheeling.homes
bullheadcity.homes
duncanville.homes
moorhead.homes
farmington.homes
holyoke.homes
mankato.homes
wentzville.homes
newberlin.homes
leander.homes
barnstable.homes
clevelandheights.homes
sherman.homes
jeffersoncity.homes
haltomcity.homes
eastprovidence.homes
pinebluff.homes
edmonds.homes
losbanos.homes
capegirardeau.homes
attleboro.homes
kearny.homes
dekalb.homes
orlandpark.homes
fonddulac.homes
northglenn.homes
linden.homes
altamontesprings.homes
lombard.homes
coppell.homes
bremerton.homes
wausau.homes
ceres.homes
spanishfork.homes
shakopee.homes
woburn.homes
cutlerbay.homes
streamwood.homes

city-domains.png

If you reg any I can remove them from the list

Last edited:
•••
•••
I did a search of 500 city/town .homes domains in the US with a population of more than 40,000

102 were unavailable

272 were premium $600+

Here is a list of the 109 domains that are available to register at regular price. Most seem to be towns that have a population of around 40,000

wylie.homes
thecolony.homes
lacey.homes
herriman.homes
northlauderdale.homes
fortpierce.homes
littleelm.homes
sangabriel.homes
hutchinson.homes
moline.homes
titusville.homes
lamirada.homes
bellgardens.homes
apachejunction.homes
pittsfield.homes
coachella.homes
wauwatosa.homes
oaklandpark.homes
sayreville.homes
puyallup.homes
northrichlandhills.homes
crystallake.homes
plantcity.homes
cuyahogafalls.homes
findlay.homes
fitchburg.homes
minot.homes
cedarfalls.homes
marlborough.homes
kannapolis.homes
hurst.homes
azusa.homes
grovecity.homes
ocoee.homes
maricopa.homes
royalpalmbeach.homes
urbandale.homes
calexico.homes
prescottvalley.homes
glenview.homes
maplewood.homes
apopka.homes
peachtreecorners.homes
mishawaka.homes
lapuente.homes
newnan.homes
cedarhill.homes
romeoville.homes
pleasantgrove.homes
westerville.homes
carolstream.homes
bentonville.homes
riverton.homes
collierville.homes
ranchopalosverdes.homes
goosecreek.homes
indiantrail.homes
oakley.homes
sheboygan.homes
bountiful.homes
sierravista.homes
woonsocket.homes
binghamton.homes
stlouispark.homes
westlafayette.homes
lompoc.homes
sumter.homes
stonecrest.homes
strongsville.homes
covina.homes
wheeling.homes
bullheadcity.homes
duncanville.homes
moorhead.homes
farmington.homes
holyoke.homes
mankato.homes
wentzville.homes
newberlin.homes
leander.homes
barnstable.homes
clevelandheights.homes
sherman.homes
jeffersoncity.homes
haltomcity.homes
eastprovidence.homes
pinebluff.homes
edmonds.homes
losbanos.homes
capegirardeau.homes
attleboro.homes
kearny.homes
dekalb.homes
orlandpark.homes
fonddulac.homes
northglenn.homes
linden.homes
altamontesprings.homes
lombard.homes
coppell.homes
bremerton.homes
wausau.homes
ceres.homes
spanishfork.homes
shakopee.homes
woburn.homes
cutlerbay.homes
streamwood.homes

Show attachment 110973

102 were unavailable

272 were premium $600+

wylie.homes
thecolony.homes
lacey.homes
herriman.homes
northlauderdale.homes
fortpierce.homes
littleelm.homes
sangabriel.homes
hutchinson.homes
moline.homes
titusville.homes
lamirada.homes
bellgardens.homes
apachejunction.homes
pittsfield.homes
coachella.homes
wauwatosa.homes
oaklandpark.homes
sayreville.homes
puyallup.homes
northrichlandhills.homes
crystallake.homes
plantcity.homes
cuyahogafalls.homes
findlay.homes
fitchburg.homes
minot.homes
cedarfalls.homes
marlborough.homes
kannapolis.homes
hurst.homes
azusa.homes
grovecity.homes
ocoee.homes
maricopa.homes
royalpalmbeach.homes
urbandale.homes
calexico.homes
prescottvalley.homes
glenview.homes
maplewood.homes
apopka.homes
peachtreecorners.homes
mishawaka.homes
lapuente.homes
newnan.homes
cedarhill.homes
romeoville.homes
pleasantgrove.homes
westerville.homes
carolstream.homes
bentonville.homes
riverton.homes
collierville.homes
ranchopalosverdes.homes
goosecreek.homes
indiantrail.homes
oakley.homes
sheboygan.homes
bountiful.homes
sierravista.homes
woonsocket.homes
binghamton.homes
stlouispark.homes
westlafayette.homes
lompoc.homes
sumter.homes
stonecrest.homes
strongsville.homes
covina.homes
wheeling.homes
bullheadcity.homes
duncanville.homes
moorhead.homes
farmington.homes
holyoke.homes
mankato.homes
wentzville.homes
newberlin.homes
leander.homes
barnstable.homes
clevelandheights.homes
sherman.homes
jeffersoncity.homes
haltomcity.homes
eastprovidence.homes
pinebluff.homes
edmonds.homes
losbanos.homes
capegirardeau.homes
attleboro.homes
kearny.homes
dekalb.homes
orlandpark.homes
fonddulac.homes
northglenn.homes
linden.homes
altamontesprings.homes
lombard.homes
coppell.homes
bremerton.homes
wausau.homes
ceres.homes
spanishfork.homes
shakopee.homes
woburn.homes
cutlerbay.homes
streamwood.homes

Show attachment 110973

Thanks dncafe....with real estate "everything is local". I live on "Bay Island" that has just over 400 homes, and it appears that someone already owns BayIsland.homes:xf.frown: To say I'm not familiar with the neighborhood would be a gross understatement. My wife and I built our home here in 1977, and I've served as president of the civic league on two different occasions. I also know a realtor who has sold 105 homes here since 1995, some of them 2 and 3 times. When I moved to the island in '77 the "average" price of a home was 100K, and today the "average" is 900K. To emphasize my point, a single realtor focusing on Bay Island alone could make a pretty good living. I don't know how many areas like this exist in the world, but I'm sure there are thousands.

This is yet another reason why .homes has the kind of potential everyone is saying it has. As a side note, I've targeted some of my domains to give away "if" an end user promises to use them. And if you need to ask why I would do something like that, you probably shouldn't be in this business.

Good luck to everyone...not only is this going to be fun, it has the potential to be very profitable as long as greed doesn't intervene:xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
I live on "Bay Island" that has just over 400 homes, and it appears that someone already owns BayIsland.......homes:xf.frown:

It's owned by Dominion Domains, the company that runs the .homes extension. Bay Island shows a population of over 65,000. I think they held on to most city names with a population over 50,000, or if the town name had major significance.

•••
It's owned by Dominion Domains, the company that runs the .homes extension. Bay Island shows a population of over 65,000. I think they held on to most city names with a population over 50,000, or if the town name had major significance.
The Bay Island I live on here in Virginia only has a thousand residents. I didn't think to look to see if there's another Bay Island, and when I just Googled it, I didn't see one there either? I did a WHOIS search on the .com, and it showed someone from California owns the .com.

•••
General question? How many homes or apartments within two blocks of a subway station? I just bought Subway.homes along with SubwayRealty.com and SubwayRentals.com and Subway.rentals. Wouldn't most everyone want to live near to their transportation? I would think this to be a good name for a big city realtor.Any thoughts? Thanks,

•••
•••
Was just checking out some of the regs. Straight nuts.

Why in the world are some of you continuing to make the same mistakes, over and over again?

Many of these I can hand reg in .com. What type of leverage do you think you have when somebody can hand reg the preferred extension? And if you're buying something.homes and it's there for hand reg in .com, why aren't you picking that up as well?

Just for kicks, somebody try to come up with a list of new gtld sales, where the .com is sitting there available to hand reg. Knowing that list would probably be impossible to even come up with, why in the world would you take that route?

Last edited:
•••
Was just checking out some of the regs. Straight nuts.

Why in the world are some of you continuing to make the same mistakes, over and over again?

Many of these I can hand reg in .com. What type of leverage do you think you have when somebody can hand reg the preferred extension?

Well I been saying from before,secure the .com with .homes, if your just getting the .homes no value IMO.

•••
Just for kicks, somebody try to come up with a list of new gtld sales, where the .com is sitting there available to hand reg. Knowing that list would probably be impossible to even come up with, why in the world would you take that route?
there were a couple .app sales where the .com was available around the time of the sale. maybe it happens in certain extensions occasionally.. (like .online? idk)

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-661#post-6982809

http://www.hosterstats.com/historicaldns.php?domain=videographyapp.com

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-622#post-6786771

but very unlikely in .homes.

Last edited:
•••
•••
To share with followers of the .homes thread started by Stub less than 60 days ago...about ngTLD's;

"This whole discussion just proves to me how screwed up this industry really is. Verisign was right when they said, domain investors and even the registries/registrars are all "hoarders" and "scalpers" costing businesses and consumers billions of dollars.

For the record, I've met and know personally Blake J. of home.loans (paid 500K) and Mike K. of Vacation.Rentals(paid 500K), and neither of these gentlemen are hoarders or scalpers, but "end users" just trying to make a living. Not only do I know Blake and Mike, I've also gotten to know some of the folks at Donuts who sold them their domains. Ironically, I've gotten to know some of the folks at Dominion Enterprises and Dominion Domains who own one of the most successful sites on the internet Homes(.)com, and they also own the ngTLD, .homes. Also for the record, I happen to own about 100 .homes domains of which Distinction.homes is my reg of the day(y) Might Distinction.homes be worth 500K to someone? Maybe? If you go to DistinctionHR(.)com you'll see what I mean.

My point here is, I couldn't in good conscience sell Distinction.homes for 500K, but I could partner with the buyer in some capacity in order to justify the sale. What do I mean by this? My answer...it depends on the deal.

Thanks Marek for starting this thread, and while it's OK for the ngTLD critics to give their opinion, at the end of the day that's all they have......an opinion with an AGENDA:xf.rolleyes:"

•••
Well I been saying from before,secure the .com with .homes, if your just getting the .homes no value IMO.
DomainGuy...while I generally buy the equivalent .com that goes with .homes whenever available, truth is for the really good .homes names the .com is already taken. Take for example; i just bought Distinction.homes (see my reg of the day) and the .com equivalent DistinctionHomes(.)com is already registered, and is for sale at Afternic for $2,795. I understand your premise, but it's flawed imho.

I believe I mentioned that I visited with quite a few domainers and domain brokers at NamesCon in Vegas to learn what they might do to help me sell more domains? The fact that just 1-2% of a domain portfolio sells annually is absolutely absurd, and that's NOT in my honest opinion...it's just plain absurd!

What I really learned was, the domain industry is so hung up on it's traditional way of doing things they lack the discipline and the hustle necessary to market and sell domains to "end users". I told another domainer, the industry as a whole couldn't hustle it's way out of a wet paper bag. There are plenty of buyers for most of these ngTLD's, but they don't even know they exist or how they work. However, that's about to change, and ThatNameGuy™ is about to turn this industry on it's head:xf.eek:, much to the chagrin of my critics.

Last edited:
•••
there were a couple .app sales where the .com was available around the time of the sale. maybe it happens in certain extensions occasionally.. (like .online? idk)

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-661#post-6982809

http://www.hosterstats.com/historicaldns.php?domain=videographyapp.com

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-622#post-6786771

but very unlikely in .homes.

I take back my post from last night, after talking to a few real estate brokers and my SEO guy , the .com is not needed. They made a good point, the internet is changing daily and how people search. Benefit of having a .homes is the.homes can do better then must .coms. When you type in as an example TEXAS Homes . The chances of TEXAS .HOMES is much greater to show up then the .com As you can see I proved that here few days ago.It all comes down to your SEO guy IMO. Don't get me wrong if you get the .homes with a .com great if not then still okay.Strange thing is I been getting more interest for my .homes then my .coms

•••
.homes screwed up their rollout so bad there isn’t even one registered sale in this space. The real estate gtld extensions have a lot of options, and even more so if your a realtor.

Don’t get to caught up in this extension as the renewal is going to ramp up 3-4x in the coming year, and your really going to feel it. A large portion of the names you see registered, are reseved by the registry. Make a few buys, and hold firm with them, don’t keep picking at the extension until you can see something internally correct from your current registrations such as traffic, or even an inquiry. If not than you are probably on the wrong path.

•••
I take back my post from last night, after talking to a few real estate brokers and my SEO guy , the .com is not needed. They made a good point, the internet is changing daily and how people search. Benefit of having a .homes is the.homes can do better then must .coms. When you type in as an example TEXAS Homes . The chances of TEXAS .HOMES is much greater to show up then the .com As you can see I proved that here few days ago.It all comes down to your SEO guy IMO. Don't get me wrong if you get the .homes with a .com great if not then still okay.Strange thing is I been getting more interest for my .homes then my .coms

Your SEO guy is an idiot then. And also short sighted. Feel free to invite him to this thread. Most serious businesses think beyond just search engines. If that's all you care about, any domain will do.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back