IT.COM

.HOMES re-released

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your SEO guy is an idiot then. And also short sighted. Feel free to invite him to this thread. Most serious businesses think beyond just search engines. If that's all you care about, any domain will do.

WoW okay the name calling that's real professional of you, not going to even go down to your level. Have a good day Sir.

•••
WoW okay the name calling that's real professional of you, not going to even go down to your level. Have a good day Sir.

Just being honest. So from last night you talked to multiple brokers and an SEO guy. C'mon.

".homes can do better then must .coms."

Invite him to this thread.

•••
Just being honest. So from last night you talked to multiple brokers and an SEO guy. C'mon.

".homes can do better then must .coms."

Invite him to this thread.
Have a good day, when it comes to name calling that becomes very unprofessional and childish IMO.And will ignore, have a Blessed day.

•••
Have a good day, when it comes to name calling that becomes very unprofessional and childish IMO.And will ignore, have a Blessed day.

What about lying? You're telling me you talked to multiple brokers in between posts? You actually have an SEO guy? Like I said, why don't you simply invite him to the thread? We both know that's not going to happen. I would love to have a talk with him. You've posted some ridiculous statements like this "".homes can do better then must .coms." based on nothing.

•••
What about lying? You're telling me you talked to multiple brokers in between posts? You actually have an SEO guy? Like I said, why don't you simply invite him to the thread? We both know that's not going to happen. I would love to have a talk with him. You've posted some ridiculous statements like this "".homes can do better then must .coms." based on nothing.

Lying strong word to accuse someone, look I understand you have a .com portfolio to protect and sales not doing so great for you since people are now reg the new extensions. Its okay everything will be fine, I have .coms also that I want to sell also but I'm not getting upset. Good day.

•••
Thanks Marek for starting this thread, and while it's OK for the ngTLD critics to give their opinion, at the end of the day that's all they have......an opinion with an AGENDA:xf.rolleyes:"

I could say at the end of the day all the ngTLD proponents have is an opinion with an agenda.

The only objective data is actual sales. Create a .Homes reported sales thread and it will be a ghost town.

Brad

•••
Lying strong word to accuse someone, look I understand you have a .com portfolio to protect and sales not doing so great for you since people are now reg the new extensions. Its okay everything will be fine, I have .coms also that I want to sell also but I'm not getting upset. Good day.

The last few months have actually been my best ever. I talked about that in another thread. I already hit over 50% of my yearly goal, it's just March. I'm sorry even tho you have .com just like me, you can't sell them. .homes isn't any type of threat to my portfolio, since I don't have any domains ending in homes, on top of this being an extension people settle for. They don't usually sell well even in .com - https://namebio.com/?s==MDM5czN2AjM

Again, why not invite your SEO guy to the thread, so he could simply back your posts up. Do they actually exist?

Last edited:
•••
The last few months have actually been my best ever. I talked about that in another thread. I already hit over 50% of my yearly goal, it's just March. I'm sorry even tho you have .com just like me, you can't sell them. .homes isn't any type of threat to my portfolio, since I don't have any domains ending in homes, on top of this being an extension people settle for. They don't usually sell well even in .com - https://namebio.com/?s==MDM5czN2AjM

Again, why not invite your SEO guy to the thread, so he could simply back your posts up. Do they actually exist?

Lots of seo guys like ugly domains as it keeps them in business.

•••

I dont think my SEO guy has time to argue with someone on a forum, have a great day not going to keep going back and fourth with you on this topic and have nothing to prove to you. I buy what I buy and you buy what you buy.

•••

Well for your information, if you go back and read what I posted from before I clearly say , that IMO if anyone is buying a .homes for a quick flip your in for the long haul. The real value is when you create a website with content and hold for the long term and let them come to you. .com will always be king , but there are other extensions that can do very well then .coms I dont understand why you are attacking me, if its not a .com you attack ? People can buy what ever they want at the end of the day. If someone chooses to buy.homes or .dev or any other .extensions whats it to you.Have a great day.

Last edited:
•••
lol I do agree with on that some SEO peeps do like some ugly domains

•••

Yes, that is because they greatly overvalue their own services. SEO is part of a larger package when it comes to branding, and many SEO "experts" do not understand that.

Brad

•••
Yes, that is because they greatly overvalue their own services. SEO is part of a larger package when it comes to branding, and many SEO "experts" do not understand that.

Brad
Agreed, you just have to find the good one, it will take time but worth it at the end.

•••
.homes screwed up their rollout so bad there isn’t even one registered sale in this space. The real estate gtld extensions have a lot of options, and even more so if your a realtor.

Don’t get to caught up in this extension as the renewal is going to ramp up 3-4x in the coming year, and your really going to feel it. A large portion of the names you see registered, are reseved by the registry. Make a few buys, and hold firm with them, don’t keep picking at the extension until you can see something internally correct from your current registrations such as traffic, or even an inquiry. If not than you are probably on the wrong path.

.homes screwed up their rollout so bad there isn’t even one registered sale in this space. The real estate gtld extensions have a lot of options, and even more so if your a realtor.

Don’t get to caught up in this extension as the renewal is going to ramp up 3-4x in the coming year, and your really going to feel it. A large portion of the names you see registered, are reseved by the registry. Make a few buys, and hold firm with them, don’t keep picking at the extension until you can see something internally correct from your current registrations such as traffic, or even an inquiry. If not than you are probably on the wrong path.

So wwwweb....who do you really work for, and what's your agenda? I just reg'd eGreen.homes. First because I could, and second because I delight in the opportunity you and other critics present...it's like the gift that keeps on giving:xf.grin: You know as well as everyone else these names were just released to the likes of GoDaddy and Dynadot just 45 days ago on January 14th, 2019. And I think after Stub started this thread, you were one of the first ones to post poking fun of the registry for holding back Smart.homes and asking 600K for it. I can't say as they don't deserve it...the "poking fun", but I guess they have their reasons like I have my reasons for hand regging eSmart.homes, then eSolar.homes and now eGreen.homes.

I've gotten so I trust very few people in this industry, and especially old timers with an agenda. Sure, the registry has held quite a few names back, but I've been able to find and register my share of pretty good names, and it's not because I know the guys who run the registry:xf.wink: I can assure you that gives me zero advantage, or it may even be to my detriment:xf.frown:

As for renewals ramping up 3-4x? I guess you know that to be a fact? I didn't think so:xf.rolleyes:

I don't know if you know anything about business, but my 50 years of experience tells me when people are spewing smoke. I wasn't born yesterday like other NP members at NamesCon learned. With me, what you see is what you get, and please don't tell me or anyone else you're here to help. There...did I make myself clear? Try to have a nice weekend, and try not to think about me too much:xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
I could say at the end of the day all the ngTLD proponents have is an opinion with an agenda.

The only objective data is actual sales. Create a .Homes reported sales thread and it will be a ghost town.

Brad
Thanks for the teachable moment Brad. Oh, and you're right, we all have an agenda. Mine is my mantra, "Make Something Happen" which I've done every day of my life:xf.smile: Now as for your teachable moment. Aren't you from Indianapolis? Are you familiar with the Butler Bulldogs? Did you know that 43 colleges from around the country have a Bulldog as their Mascot? Furthermore, did you know over 10,000 graduates of these colleges are realtors or builders today? Did you know all their email addresses are easily obtained at zero cost? Then did you know that email doesn't require postage, paper or envelopes?

Actually, I was a little surprised when I was able to register Bulldog.homes for just $10 bucks. Did you know I could do that Brad? Were you at NamesCon? I'm sorry if you were, this teachable moment could have been delivered in person:xf.grin:

Next thing I'll hear you saying is, "why that's not fair...you have a cute little Bulldog as a Mascot":ROFL:

•••
Thanks for the teachable moment Brad. Oh, and you're right, we all have an agenda. Mine is my mantra, "Make Something Happen" which I've done every day of my life:xf.smile: Now as for your teachable moment. Aren't you from Indianapolis? Are you familiar with the Butler Bulldogs? Did you know that 43 colleges from around the country have a Bulldog as their Mascot? Furthermore, did you know over 10,000 graduates of these colleges are realtors or builders today? Did you know all their email addresses are easily obtained at zero cost? Then did you know that email doesn't require postage, paper or envelopes?

Actually, I was a little surprised when I was able to register Bulldog.homes for just $10 bucks. Did you know I could do that Brad? Were you at NamesCon? I'm sorry if you were, this teachable moment could have been delivered in person:xf.grin:

Next thing I'll hear you saying is, "why that's not fair...you have a cute little Bulldog as a Mascot":ROFL:

You constantly talk about your business experience, connections, domain purchases, marketing plans, etc.

Let me know when that actually leads to sales. Otherwise it is all just fluff.
Money talks. Bullshit walks.

Have a great weekend.

Brad

•••
I’m really confused here , what is the big deal of people choose to buy . Homes or any other .extensions. Is there a law that says buy only . Com or is this a case of one getting scared that the . Coms are losing interest and people buying other . Extensions, please someone feel me in I’m still fresh to the game.

•••
I’m really confused here , what is the big deal of people choose to buy . Homes or any other .extensions. Is there a law that says buy only . Com or is this a case of one getting scared that the . Coms are losing interest and people buying other . Extensions, please someone feel me in I’m still fresh to the game.

You can buy what you want to buy obviously.

At the same time, like you said you are fresh to the industry while making grandiose claims regarding SEO, .COM losing interest, etc. It helps to know what you are talking about rather than saying "some guy said something" when it comes to .homes ranking better than .com among other things.

If people want to "invest" in .homes be my guest. There are a handful of what I feel are good domains in this thread, but in my view the vast majority of these registrations are essentially donations to the registry.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
You can buy what you want to buy.

At the same time, like you said you are fresh to the industry while making grandiose claims regarding SEO, .COM losing interest, etc. It helps to know what you are talking about rather than saying "some guy said something" when it comes to .homes ranking better than .com among other things.

If people want to "invest" in .homes be my guest. There are a handful of what I feel are good domains in this thread, but in my view the vast majority of these registrations are essentially donations to the registry.

Brad
And I bet you if it was a .com you wouldn’t care or waste your time, IMO I think you hate the fact people are reg . Homes or any other .extentions. Is it that your protecting your . Coms portfolio what agenda do you have or even waste your time here.

•••
And I bet you if it was a .com you wouldn’t care or waste your time, IMO I think you hate the fact people are reg . Homes or any other .extentions. Is it that your protecting your . Coms portfolio what agenda do you have or even waste your time here.
P.S the.homes also gets picked as a keyword in google IMO does a . Com ?

•••

I would never go around making an unsubstantiated claim that .COM is going to rank better than .HOMES, and if I did it would certainly have empirical evidence to back it up.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You made the claim based on what some random unseen SEO people said apparently. That is hearsay first of all, and anecdotal as well. You are going to need something far more compelling to back a claim like that.

My agenda is I don't like people spreading misinformation and BS.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I would never go around making an unsubstantiated claim that .COM is going to rank better than .HOMES, and if I did it would certainly have empirical evidence to back it up.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You made the claim based on what some random unseen SEO people said apparently. That is hearsay first of all, and anecdotal as well. You are going to need something far more compelling to back a claim like that.

Brad

Like I said there is some shitty Seo guys and great Seo guys. Here is some 101 for you ask your self this . Can a . Homes be picked up as a keyword in google for better search results. If so then that should answer your question.

•••
Like I said there is some sh*tty Seo guys and great Seo guys. Here is some 101 for you ask your self this . Can a . Homes be picked up as a keyword in google for better search results. If so then that should answer your question.

The fact your even wasting your time here pretty much explains your agenda 100% have a good night.

•••
BeachHouse.homes

Last edited:
•••
Domainers have a lot of options too, and it's funny how fast they move on from one extension to another, and quickly discard the lack of results from past investments gambles.
For example: https://www.namepros.com/threads/house-domains.1025815/
How long will the fad last this time ? Not for long I predict, given that new extensions are released or relaunched so often, and keep distracting the newbies.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

That's the whole of point of SEO. Rank any domain.

Well for your information, if you go back and read what I posted from before I clearly say , that IMO if anyone is buying a .homes for a quick flip your in for the long haul.
Long haul. Sounds familiar. I'd rather say long hole for your wallet :)

'New' extensions are five years old already. Now is a good time to reflect on the past to draw some lessons.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back