Dynadot

.HOMES re-released

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless I need glasses , I came across Smart.homes going for $600k, any feed back on this. This will kind of of give me a idea were to set my prices at, but certainly not that high.

•••
So what .homes does everyone have and how many ?

•••
So what .homes does everyone have and how many ?

Go to page 1 of this thread and you can see all the posts. I listed quite a few that were still available to register as of yesterday. 😁

•••
•••
no different from sites some people on here have to showcase their domains,except all this guys eggs are in one basket.everything is for sale but i couldn't find a single price.he probably doesn't know how to price them so he's waiting to see what kind of offers he gets.he didn't get smart.homes.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ecology.homes

ecology_homes.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
Skygarden.homes
Millennials.homes

•••
a little late to the game, but maybe I found a good one:

SelfSustaining.homes

•••
Aquarium.homes
and
AquariumHomes.com

Note...when and wherever possible I will generally pick up the .com version

•••
a little late to the game, but maybe I found a good one:

SelfSustaining.homes

Heyo, I'm curious as to what attributes of this domain compel you to share that "maybe I found a good one".

•••
I picked just one name at random and the .com equivalent is unregistered.
And I am sure there are many more such names.
So I'm wondering if you guys are actually expecting to sell any.

I noticed the same thing from the .app showcase, more than 70% of the names had the equivalent unregistered in .com. Read: zero demand.

•••

I noticed the same thing from the .app showcase, more than 70% of the names had the equivalent unregistered in .com. Read: zero demand.

I certainly would hesitate to register any without the .com being taken. At the same time, there are combinations of words that make the domain names more visually appealing with certain new extensions.

As for the ones I registered, all the .com are taken and most are developed in several other extensions/variations. Some particular ones are getting frequent returning visits from regions where I know established businesses are active.

I do not expect any fast sales, nor any crazy pricetags. It's a gamble, but you can gamble wisely, or foolish.

•••

Congrats @Kate, care to share?

My view of the new gTLD is to use it like a domain hack - ( A “domain hack” is a domain name that suggests a word, phrase, or brand by combining two or more adjacent parts of the domain.) for example AgedCare.homes & Declutter.homes etc.

The .com equivalent of my .homes are already registered.

I expect to sell my .homes domains.

Cheers
Corey

Last edited:
•••
Well this is interesting - http://homesdomains.com/

Interesting in many aspects.

On the website he takes great pains to hide behind Mark Monitor registrar, but registers the domain at uniregistry without privacy. Interesting the domain is less than 2 weeks old.

Interesting that he is using Efty to showcase the domains. Which looks pretty nice. And not a unique design.

•••
Heyo, I'm curious as to what attributes of this domain compel you to share that "maybe I found a good one".

Well, I was just showing a little humility, as far as green homes go SelfSustaining.homes is right on target. IMO

I also just registered PreAssembled.homes

Last edited:
•••
I certainly would hesitate to register any without the .com being taken. At the same time, there are combinations of words that make the domain names more visually appealing with certain new extensions.

As for the ones I registered, all the .com are taken and most are developed in several other extensions/variations. Some particular ones are getting frequent returning visits from regions where I know established businesses are active.

I do not expect any fast sales, nor any crazy pricetags. It's a gamble, but you can gamble wisely, or foolish.
Hi there @BrandsOpen...i see from your profile you're from Norway and even though you're not on the Baltic Sea, I just bought Baltic.homes a few days ago. Thanks for your input. It's interesting that someone already started an online marketplace for his/her .homes domains(kudos to them!) Actually three of the sixty eight .homes names on their site I had on a list to possibly buy just a week ago....Hudson, Coronado, and GreatNeck,homes, but he/she beat me to the punch:xf.frown: That's OK, but along the same thinking, i just picked up Sonoma.homes and Silicon.homes.

My marketing plans for .homes and similar extensions differ greatly from a typical domainer. I'm not in this business to sit on my names forever, and hope and pray that some realtor or builder or home contractor accidentally finds me. I'll be in Vegas sharing my "crappy" names and my "crappy" ideas for anyone that will listen. I've sold a few things in my life, and selling domains in no different:xf.wink:

Thanks again for your input and I hope to get to Norway someday. I live in what is called the "GreatNeck" corridor of Virginia Beach where there's probably about 8,000 homes, and then there's that many homes or more in GreatNeck, NY. I would think a realtor or two from either area would just love to own the domain GreatNeck.homes....but do they even know about it???

Finally, the last time I was in Vegas on business about 15-20 years ago I played black jack, and sadly I lost. There have been a few times I've won at black jack, but I'd much prefer to put my money down on Sonoma.homes and Silicon.homes. What do you think?

•••
GreenPower.homes

greenpower_homes.jpg

Cheers
Corey

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
RenewableEnergy.homes

renewableenergy_homes.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
I usually don't register domains with dashes in them, but this one made sense to me as I have seen it being used in this format alot:

3-d.homes

•••
@BrandsOpen I agree 100% its best to secure the .com if your going to buy .home along with it.

•••
I know you didn't ask me :) But I like Sonoma better than Silicon.
Sure I did...
I know you didn't ask me :) But I like Sonoma better than Silicon.
Sure i did Stub...i like it better too. When I bought Silicon I was thinking of Napa...duh! However, there's more money in tech than there is in wine:xf.wink: Thanks

•••
Doomsday.homes

DoomsDayHomes.com

•••
Hi there @BrandsOpen...i see from your profile you're from Norway and even though you're not on the Baltic Sea, I just bought Baltic.homes a few days ago.

Finally, the last time I was in Vegas on business about 15-20 years ago I played black jack, and sadly I lost. There have been a few times I've won at black jack, but I'd much prefer to put my money down on Sonoma.homes and Silicon.homes. What do you think?

Good morning from across the Atlantic. We Norwegians know a thing or two about crossing waters, so let me know if you need any guidance. You are very welcome.

As for your names, I like all of those you mentioned. Whatever strategy you go with, I wish you luck. There are many great names in this thread, and many of the ones I thought of before have been registered. I anticipate and hope for a nice ROI on quite a few of these.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back