IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

NameSilo
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
The following is a sci-fi video on the future of augmented reality,

Interesting video...strange new world is on the horizon for sure!

It has inspired me to reg a whole new category of names...

•••
•••
•••
[

GamesAR.com

Amazing, can't compete with that one:ROFL:

The only games related AR domain I have is AR Arcade (.com)

72574_612a841dc83953b9aaf8a00a61b423ef (1).png

•••
•••
just in negotiations with a Start Up for ARGoggles.....will post the sale if we agree on a price!

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
ARsmartgoggle(s) (HReg 2012) & VRsmartgoggle(s) 3Dsmartgoggle(s)
Recently added MRsmartgoggles and XRsmartglasses to the collection. But I have plenty more.
VRgoggle (HReg 2011) ARgoggle 3Dgoggle etc... It's still early to know exactly how the chips will fall.

'smart' names will probably see their day when they add the voice response systems to them (AI).
But these are not ripe for the pick'n yet., till they do add that in.
Perhaps I would do well to auction them all as a category portfolio next year ?
I like the idea of waiting on the end-user for each. I have a fair level of confidence in them.

Believe it or not, I did envision just what Asus, Acer and others did with those 'goggles'.
But I started to loose hope on ar+goggle till I seen the patents starting to roll out almost 2 years ago.
My mindset was changing to VR + Goggle and AR + Glasses. Of course HMD describes them all.
How I missed ARsmartglasses is beyond me. I thought I had it for as long. Choice name.
I think overall, with all my hand reg's, I did pretty good on the hardware front.
They kept me out of the aftermarket for this segment. And then there are 'CAMS'... ...LOL...
I always start a segment with hardware, if it applies.

•••
A nice graph about what Microsoft are trying to do.
They got some balls lol.
IMG_20170514_200245.jpg

•••
A nice graph about what Microsoft are trying to do.
They got some balls lol. Show attachment 58410

So funny... What MS is calling "Holographic Devices" is simply AR, and what they label "Immersive devices" is simply VR... Strikes me as a distinction without a difference...

•••
So funny... What MS is calling "Holographic Devices" is simply AR, and what they label "Immersive devices" is simply VR... Strikes me as a distinction without a difference...

Exactly.
But this is how they fit it all inside MR.

Its not saying anything besides the fact that each and every device they will market from them or any of the partners will be called some kind of a mixed reality device.

•••
What a interesting chart where VR and AR hardly exists ! LOL

•••
•••
•••
•••
This chart speak for itself.
35ksyh5.jpg

This chart is telling me it is already to late to buy / reg good VR domains for cheap.

Question: Is it smart to wait untill the market / search volume grows? The problem is when everyone is giving a "green light" it is already to late to reg premium single keyword domains for reg fees.

I have regd PokerMR in king at the end of 2015. When you look at the stats below you see it was a perfect timing.

2l95bte.png

Last edited:
•••
$26 Billion AR & VR Smartglasses and Functional Contact Lenses Market 2017

Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "AR & VR Smartglasses and Functional Contact Lenses 2017-2027" report to their offering.

This new report is focused on how the market for AR and VR headsets is going to evolve in the next decade, based on the exciting research and developments efforts of recent years along with the high visibility some projects and collaborations have enjoyed. The amount of visibility this space is experiencing is exciting developers of a range of allied technologies into fast-tracking/focusing their efforts, as well as creating devices and components designed specifically to serve this emerging industry: microdisplays, optical engines and haptic feedback components are some of the main components that are seeing significant growth alongside the growth in interest in augmented and virtual reality.
Read More...

•••
•••
This chart speak for itself.
35ksyh5.jpg

I'm not sure what it tells me, tbh. I assume you mean it says that 'mixed reality' is the only term going up at this point? Remember, people are Googling 'mixed reality' because they don't know what it is ( a bit like most of us here).They know what Virtual Reality is and they Google 'VR' anyway. They know what augmented reality is and they Google 'AR'. They don't know what 'mixed reality' is and nobody Google's 'MR'.

•••
This chart is telling me it is already to late to buy / reg good VR domains for cheap.

2l95bte.png

The graph shows that search interest spiked at Christmas and is now lower than for the same time last year.

If you want to read anything from that graph it would be that there will be a lot of VR names dropping soon.

•••
I'm not sure what it tells me, tbh. I assume you mean it says that 'mixed reality' is the only term going up at this point? Remember, people are Googling 'mixed reality' because they don't know what it is ( a bit like most of us here).They know what Virtual Reality is and they Google 'VR' anyway. They know what augmented reality is and they Google 'AR'. They don't know what 'mixed reality' is and nobody Google's 'MR'.

Do most people know what Augmented Reality is though?

I would be shocked if any of my friends actually knew what it was.

Yes they know what Virtual Reality is but would have no clue about augmented/mixed reality.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back