IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am used to 'CHARTS' in the futures/commodities market for trend data. I will only say that if you don't have a known staple to compare it against, it can be misleading.
Most times, when I have shown a chart for use here, I use VR to compare it against since it is the top staple and can give you insight of true volume to compare.
But it is not always necessary depending on the trend point you are trying to show/make.

•••
Do most people know what Augmented Reality is though?

I would be shocked if any of my friends actually knew what it was.

Yes they know what Virtual Reality is but would have no clue about augmented/mixed reality.

A simple rule of thumb is ask your family. And mine aren't exactly tech savvy.

AR?
MR?
VR....sure....that's virtual reality.
360.... yep... that's like VR but real.
Live 360...obviously 360 but Live

Very happy with my Live360+Keyword portfolio when there's so many industries utilising the Tech on a daily basis.

This Live 360 Fashion event has had 2.4 million views so far

http://www.adweek.com/digital/fashi...-to-vogues-360-degree-livestream-on-facebook/

Last edited:
•••

AR?
MR?

Very happy with my Live360+Keyword portfolio when there's so many industries utilising the Tech on a daily basis.

Live 360 Fashion

http://www.adweek.com/digital/fashi...-to-vogues-360-degree-livestream-on-facebook/
Disagree with ar after pokemon go most people i talk to now know ar and quote it to me as ar tech without me mentioning ar but maybe i hang around a bunch of tech nerds lol but Pokemon go was the best ever help and start to ar even though it is the most simplistic ar that can be shown.

•••
To make the point that it pays to follow up on what you feel is a vision of a good name.

I had the name TeleporterTour(s) on my short list for about 1.5 years,
(seen by me as a very cool virtual/vr tourism branding name) Reg'd ahead of me by a end user.
The name went into service just a week or so before I went for the hand reg. for the same use.
Well, here we are a year later, the co went belly-up and I picked them up day of deletion.
TeleporterTour(s) and I added Teleporter.tours to it for a nice package.
I may dev this myself when the time is right. Could be a few years.
But I think I will find a end user that finds this as I do.

So if you think you stumbled on a good name, keep checking on it.
I did the same with VRgoggle but did not check-up as often.
It had been dropped for some time before I caught it in 2011.
Even if you disagree with my pick and vision for it, I'm say'n it pays to be persistent with written lists and target more than just a available name.
A future wanted name is as good as a future needed name.

Last edited:
•••
Disagree with ar after pokemon go most people i talk to now know ar and quote it to me as ar tech without me mentioning ar but maybe i hang around a bunch of tech nerds lol but Pokemon go was the best ever help and start to ar even though it is the most simplistic ar that can be shown.

Well I would say you must be hanging around with some pretty tech minded people because everyone I know just refered to Pokemon Go as a mobile game.

I am a strong believer the general public will know what AR & MR are though.

With Microsoft integrating a mixed reality platform that can be experienced on Windows/Xbox and some big companies rumoured to be all in on AR/MR, it's only a matter of time imo.

•••
Well I would say you must be hanging around with some pretty tech minded people because everyone I know just refered to Pokemon Go as a mobile game.

I am a strong believer the general public will know what AR & MR are though.

With Microsoft integrating a mixed reality platform that can be experienced on Windows/Xbox and some big companies rumoured to be all in on AR/MR, it's only a matter of time imo.
Like the new avatar pic looks professional mate

•••
•••

AR?
MR?

This Live 360 Fashion event has had 2.4 million views so far

Nope.

You wanna be first, dont ask your family.
Research, look for leads*and try to predict a future trend based on your research and hunch.
When you find something worth investing in, grab the big fishes and wait :). If you get more hints, make your investment bigger and so on.

Gl.

•••
Nope.

You wanna be first, dont ask your family.
Research, look for leads*and try to predict a future trend based on your research and hunch.
When you find something worth investing in, grab the big fishes and wait :). If you get more hints, make your investment bigger and so on.

Gl.

I wasn't saying ask your family what the next technology boom will be :)

It was just an indicator of whether they were familiar with any of the terms.

•••
Interesting facts on some future tech companies

IMG_1593.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1595.JPG
    IMG_1595.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
•••
Magic leap round funding D is close to agreement then if this does go ahead they will have a new valuation of between $6 to $8 billion .

With alibaba supposedly putting more up again.

Last edited:
•••
Would be a great sign if Magic Leap is able to secure a big round at a higher valuation. It seems like there has lately been some skepticism regarding ML, but lot of money going in would seem like a good assurance on their progress and potential.

•••
I'm holding around 140 names right now.

When it comes to renewals time (end of October they start), I'm concidering taking them down to around 30-40.

I think I'm just going to concentrate on the ones I've paid a lot of money for and my favorite registrations.

I've just put some for sale on NamePros a couple hours ago, see how those go, if they do ok, I'll probably put some more on.

•••
Munster Says Apple Poised for Augmented Reality On The Upcoming iPhone 8

The smartphone is going to be the device for AR for the next five years,” Munster said. And Apple wants to extend its iPhone franchise as far as possible, so expect the company to pack AR future capabilities, products and services for several more years.

SmartphonesAR.com

•••
•••
So...
How long before we see a category showcase Sedo Auction for VR/AR/3D tech ?
Could it be this fall (sept/oct) ? I think the time is right for one !

I believe I have a few names to dip my toes in and 'test the water temperature' with.
But I am curious how a showcase auction would perform this year.

•••
Interesting facts on some future tech companies

Show attachment 58472
I belive this chart is pretty old because Improbable isn't on the list. After Magic Leap they are probably my favorite startup, I see HUGE potential in them...and I seen it since mid 2016, way before this $502 funding they received this mounth.

•••
•••
•••
ARPayments / ImmersiveShopping / PaymentsAR

Paypal Introduces Payment Via Augmented Reality

PayPal has just been granted a patent for displaying information on products through augmented reality. The patent, titled Augmented Reality View of Product Instructions, was filed last January and would enable users to see relevant information about a product using an AR headset or device.

The patent asserts that part of the goal is to help people figure out how to assemble and control the (increasingly complex) products that are purchased. “Today’s products are increasingly complex to setup and operate. Often, the products are accompanied with detailed instructions that may be daunting for a user to follow. In other cases, a user may discard instructions after an initial set up of a product.”

Thus, the goal is to offer people assistance so that they can actually enjoy the products that they get, as opposed to fight with them for hours: “In each of these cases, the user’s ability to operate the product may be hampered by a lack of information about the product or an inability to use the product. This in turn may affect the user’s experience with the product and the user’s perception of the manufacturer of the product.”

Read more: https://futurism.com/paypal-introduces-payment-via-augmented-reality/

•••
BT Sport to make UEFA Champions League final free to all on TV, online and in 360° virtual reality

The UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals will be available for absolutely anyone to watch on TV and online, with the former also set to be shown in 360° virtual reality, 4K UHD on YouTube and 4K UHD with Dolby Atmos in a series of broadcast firsts for the biggest game in world club football.
BT Sport is set to make broadcast history with an incredible new range of viewing experiences as it prepares to show the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals free-to-air once again.

Absolutely anyone can watch both games online via the acclaimed enhanced video player right here on BTSport.com or the BT Sport app, as well as on YouTube and our BT Sport Showcase HD TV channel.

For the first time ever, the UEFA Champions League final will be available in 360° virtual reality, with a number of streams available on YouTube and the new BT Sport Virtual Reality App.

This unmissable experience will allow fans to choose between a 360° produced programme with commentary and graphics or select their own camera viewpoint*.

Read more: http://sport.bt.com/football/bt-spo...ne-and-in-360-virtual-reality-S11364180768744

•••
•••
BT Sport to make UEFA Champions League final free to all on TV, online and in 360° virtual reality

The UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals will be available for absolutely anyone to watch on TV and online, with the former also set to be shown in 360° virtual reality, 4K UHD on YouTube and 4K UHD with Dolby Atmos in a series of broadcast firsts for the biggest game in world club football.
BT Sport is set to make broadcast history with an incredible new range of viewing experiences as it prepares to show the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals free-to-air once again.

Absolutely anyone can watch both games online via the acclaimed enhanced video player right here on BTSport.com or the BT Sport app, as well as on YouTube and our BT Sport Showcase HD TV channel.

For the first time ever, the UEFA Champions League final will be available in 360° virtual reality, with a number of streams available on YouTube and the new BT Sport Virtual Reality App.

This unmissable experience will allow fans to choose between a 360° produced programme with commentary and graphics or select their own camera viewpoint*.

Read more: http://sport.bt.com/football/bt-spo...ne-and-in-360-virtual-reality-S11364180768744

ON Youtube in VR free can't see that happening somehow and working

•••
Ostendo Technologies has acquired HoloVision.com, from Holovisions LLC according to whois records. Ostendo raised $41.8 million in a 2016 funding round and has other investments as well. The company makes displays and QPI chips to bring holographic and 3D imagery to phones, tablets and more.

•••
Ostendo Technologies has acquired HoloVision.com, from Holovisions LLC according to whois records. Ostendo raised $41.8 million in a 2016 funding round and has other investments as well. The company makes displays and QPI chips to bring holographic and 3D imagery to phones, tablets and more.

Wonder what they paid for it, hope to find out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back