Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. Well a consumer who is searching for loan information for his MR device (compatible / optimised).

2. It is also a great way for a startup to brand / compete against the old establishment.

3. SEO's are the rulers / thinkers / decision makers for making the roadmap for the next years. If someone following the news and hears about Mixed Reality (MR) and he is a rich guy working at a loans / bank it is a great domain and 12k is nothing for the real big guys. Even a average worker in the finance earns 12k a month...

loans.com January 2000 $ 3,000,000.00 USD Private sale
personalloans.com February 2012 $ 1,000,000.00 USD DomainNameSales/Uniregistry
allloans.com September 2008 $ 100,000.00 USD SnapNames
boatloans.com January 2012 $ 64,000.00 USD Uniregistry
federalstudentloans.com ⇒ October 2007 $ 50,750.00 USD
discountloans.com February 2013 $ 39,000.00 USD GoDaddy
homeloans.org August 2009 $ 37,000.00 USD Private sale
badcredithomeloans.com October 2008 $ 35,300.00 USD SnapNames
lowinterestloans.com March 2008 $ 35,000.00 USD SnapNames
veteransloans.com February 2008 $ 35,000.00 USD AfterNIC
mobileloans.com July 2014 $ 30,099.00 USD NameJet
loans.mobi October 2007 $ 30,000.00 USD Sedo auction
condoloans.com March 2014 $ 28,018.00 USD GoDaddy
autoloans.ca May 2015 $ 25,000.00 USD Uniregistry
consumerloans.com October 2008 $ 25,000.00 USD

mobileloans.com for example... July 2014 $ 30,099.00 USD

And i am just asking 12k. I must say LoansMR is currently my highest listed domain. I have a couple of 8k domains listed and another 100+ domains between 1,5 and 5k. All based on average of real sold domains with same keywords.

I like to sell my domains for a fair price based on historical sales.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks!

•••
RealityFolio.com

*Could be used for All Realites....
*There are good sales in the past for KW + Folio...

•••
http://mashable.com/2017/04/21/augmented-reality-everything-app/#rex0yEVslaqJ

If all these billion $ companies (Facebook/Apple/Google and others) see Augmented Reality as the future, why don't one of these companies buy AugmentedReality dot com? It's on Sedo $200k but i spoke to a broker about it a few months ago and he told me the owner was willing to lower their asking price and even offered it me paying installments.

I get the impression it was buyable for around $100k, chicken feed to these companies if they see Augmented Reality as the next big thing.

Put it this way I'd take the risk and buy if i had the money, If virtual tech does go on to revolutionise and Augmented Reality is the next big thing, i think it's fair to say this is a potential high 7 to 8 figure domain name.

Probably because there's a difference between techs and names of techs, as VRDommy pointed out the other day. The tech we currently call Augmented Reality will be a trillion dollar business and replace the smartphone, pc etc by 2030, but whether we will still call it augmented reality in 5 years time let alone 15 is anybody's guess. Obviously a lot of techies, including Microsoft, are already calling it (or 3D/'next generation' augmented reality') MixedReality

And of course, if they're going to buy Augmented Reality for $200k, then they'll surely have to buy AR.com for $2 million. And what about ARGlasses.com and all the others? Not to mention MixedReality.com, Holograms, Virtuality.com, AVR.com, VAR.com, VARMR.com etc.

And I suppose generic domain name buying doesn't really serve much purpose apart from cutting into their profits, so all the big tech giants tacitly agree more or less not to do it. For example, if Facebook paid $200k for AugmentedReality.com, perhaps there would have to be a multi-million dollar bidding war for AR.com and a host of other names. Better just to let the owners of AugmentedReality.com and AR.com squat on their domains dreaming of huge paydays that might never come.

Last edited:
•••
Probably because there's a difference between techs and names of techs, as VRDommy pointed out the other day. The tech we currently call Augmented Reality will be a trillion dollar business and replace the smartphone, pc etc by 2030, but whether we will still call it augmented reality in 5 years time let alone 15 is anybody's guess. Obviously a lot of techies, including Microsoft, are already calling it (or 3D/'next generation' augmented reality') MixedReality

And of course, if they're going to buy Augmented Reality for $200k, then they'll surely have to buy AR.com for $2 million. And what about ARGlasses.com and all the others? Not to mention MixedReality.com, Holograms, Virtuality.com, AVR.com, VAR.com, VARMR.com etc.

And I suppose generic domain name buying doesn't really serve much purpose apart from cutting into their profits, so all the big tech giants tacitly agree more or less not to do it. For example, if Facebook paid $200k for AugmentedReality.com, perhaps there would have to be a multi-million dollar bidding war for AR.com and a host of other names. Better just to let the owners of AugmentedReality.com and AR.com squat on their domains dreaming of huge paydays that might never come.

augmentedreality.org August 2012 $ 12,000.00 USD GoDaddy

I don't know how much the current holder of the .com has paid for the domain but if is was a handreg and he likes to make a profit why not lower the price? If mixed reality will take over his domain will be more difficult to sell. At the moment and next months it will be a hot market with the new iphone and other smartphones with simple AR apps. I would list the domain for somewhere between 30k and 100k.

How much would you ask for this domain? (AugmentedReality in king)

Last edited:
•••
loans.com January 2000 $ 3,000,000.00 USD Private sale
personalloans.com February 2012 $ 1,000,000.00 USD DomainNameSales/Uniregistry
allloans.com September 2008 $ 100,000.00 USD SnapNames
boatloans.com January 2012 $ 64,000.00 USD Uniregistry
federalstudentloans.com ⇒ October 2007 $ 50,750.00 USD
discountloans.com February 2013 $ 39,000.00 USD GoDaddy
homeloans.org August 2009 $ 37,000.00 USD Private sale
badcredithomeloans.com October 2008 $ 35,300.00 USD SnapNames
lowinterestloans.com March 2008 $ 35,000.00 USD SnapNames
veteransloans.com February 2008 $ 35,000.00 USD AfterNIC
mobileloans.com July 2014 $ 30,099.00 USD NameJet
loans.mobi October 2007 $ 30,000.00 USD Sedo auction
condoloans.com March 2014 $ 28,018.00 USD GoDaddy
autoloans.ca May 2015 $ 25,000.00 USD Uniregistry
consumerloans.com October 2008 $ 25,000.00 USD
mobileloans.com for example... July 2014 $ 30,099.00 USD
And i am just asking 12k. I must say LoansMR is currently my highest listed domain. I have a couple of 8k domains listed and another 100+ domains between 1,5 and 5k. All based on average of real sold domains with same keywords.
I like to sell my domains for a fair price based on historical sales.
I would exercise a bit of caution in the way you compare a 'total niche generic' with a 'sub-niche generic'
for pricing. That will lead you down the wrong path in judgements.
I am not stating a opinion on the name, just the pricing justification method.

For everyone though,
I would point out that detection methods make the need for anyone to use VR AR MR for normal traditional consumer goods and services useless. Just like detection does when surfing with a smartphone.

On a web page, I see you are using a smartphone, I would send you to a version on the same page formatted for your phone.
So the need for a name that is VR AR MR is going to come from a user specific need to find one.

The BIZ has no need for the name including it, unless the user is specifically looking for it.
We sell a lot of Tires for Autos but where is the need for a name for those selling tires.
If you are surfing with your HMD, you will be handed a special page formatted for your HMD if it is available using existing named sites you land on.

Just wanted to point that out so you are 'thinking' about this the right way. It is important.

•••
How much would you ask for this domain? (AugmentedReality in king)

7 figures, if you’re from a low/middle class background chances are if own a domain like that it’s once in a life time.

It may not fulfill its potential, but I wouldn’t let it go cheaply, all these multi-billion dollar companies and world’s richest men are talking about it being the best thing since sliced bread – I know a few MR investors are pulling it down, but believe me if they saw AugmentedReality dot com in their portfolio, they’d be saying the same thing as me, be like ‘What’s Mixed Reality?’ and be all for Augmented.

I’m not the biggest fan of MR domains, but if I bought MixedReality dot com me and Elad would be best buds.

Last edited:
•••
7 figures, if you’re from a low/middle class background chances are if own a domain like that it’s once in a life time.

It may not fulfill its potential, but I wouldn’t let it go cheaply, all these multi-billion dollar companies and world’s richest men are talking about it being the best thing since sliced bread – I know a few MR investors are pulling it down, but believe me if they saw AugmentedReality dot com in their portfolio, they’d be saying the same thing as me, be like ‘What’s Mixed Reality?’ and be all for Augmented.

I’m not the biggest fan of keyword+MR domains, but if I bought MixedReality dot com me and Elad would be best buds.

We can be buds right now as well. I'm into investing and making money, and i do it by research. My research lead me to a specific direction but im not against AR in general (the longtail i dont like) , i simply think AR is here for a while now and zuk is just trying to fight snap for his user base so he is claiming something new happened.
No biggie imo, many things gonna happen in 2017-2018 that will rock our boats..

I got about 30 AR names, i think most are solid, same as in xR and in MR i got a bigger number because i predict a higher demand for names, thats all.

As investor, it would be stupid of me to ignore anything that is hyping but i just prefer to make my buys before the storm and follow the cookie crumbles.

And to answer your question i would be much more excited to have MixedReality(.)com then AugmentedReality(.)com..

2017-2018 going to be real interesting for the spectrum of experiences..

Last edited:
•••
And to answer your question i would be much more excited to have MixedReality(.)com then AugmentedReality(.)com..

That’s like saying I’d rather live in Kensington Palace over Buckingham Palace.

I’d take any as either domain has potential to be life changing.

I think Facebook have always been on board the AR train, I remember reading quotes from MarkZ on the $1 TV app example he used a few days ago last year too:-

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/12/1...facebook-f8-virtual-augmented-reality-glasses

Last edited:
•••
Besides this reality game, im very fond of lightfield, and i hope i can announce a new name soon :)
I was into it from the moment i saw it and it will have a nice place in names market imo.

•••
I think it it important to note that the only CO to use MIXED REALITY as a term is Microsoft.
And it is not a term they put on a product but a interface within Windows which is a product.

It remains to be seen if Acer, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Dell & others use it as a term in their product names.
We will see what happens to Oculus with the Santa Cruz proto late this year also.
Pay no attention to what folks say, but what they actually do.
Despite my disagreements on definitions, it still comes down to that in names.
I am not connecting the truth in tech with truth in names.

I don't see any 'great' need for AR as well, but has some significant needs because it has many forms.

I will point out again, Virtual, 3D and other keywords do not care about the format for the experience.
And a large percentage needs/uses are NOT going to contain any of them.

I've seen nothing to make me want to adjust my NEW MEDIA portfolio as it is, with exception to names without any of the cherished keywords. I will share how it stands...

70% VR and lightly growing
12% 3D/Virtual and growing
7% Non-cherished keyword specific but relevant names (fastest growing area for me right now)
7% AR (no new names for me in over 3.5 years and NO sales, few inquires.Held some 10+yrs)
3.5% Holo - nothing new in 3.5 or more years, except 'holodeck' names.
<1% MR (one name) I am open for more here but only when I see some real progress.

Edit: I should also say I have no plans for any drops either.
More SocialVR
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/04/irisvr-reveals-multi-user-vr-conference-call-technology/

Last edited:
•••
I think it it important to note that the only CO to use MIXED REALITY as a term is Microsoft.
And it is not a term they put on a product but a interface within Windows which is a product.

It remains to be seen if Acer, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Dell & others use it as a term in their product names.
We will see what happens to Oculus with the Santa Cruz proto late this year also.
Pay no attention to what folks say, but what they actually do.
Despite my disagreements on definitions, it still comes down to that in names.
I am not connecting the truth in tech with truth in names.

I don't see any 'great' need for AR as well, but has some significant needs because it has many forms.

I will point out again, Virtual, 3D and other keywords do not care about the format for the experience.
And a large percentage needs/uses are NOT going to contain any of them.

I've seen nothing to make me want to adjust my NEW MEDIA portfolio as it is, with exception to names without any of the cherished keywords. I will share how it stands...

70% VR and lightly growing
12% 3D/Virtual and growing
7% Non-cherished keyword specific but relevant names (fastest growing area for me right now)
7% AR (no new names for me in over 3.5 years and NO sales, few inquires.Held some 10+yrs)
3.5% Holo - nothing new in 3.5 or more years, except 'holodeck' names.
<1% MR (one name) I am open for more here but only when I see some real progress.

More SocialVR
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/04/irisvr-reveals-multi-user-vr-conference-call-technology/

I have a pretty good idea of whats gonna happen in windows MR with those companies (jmho).
Amazon are working on MR for a while now and will share details when they can (hopefully this year) .. Their guys cant comment officially so its all unofficial.

Acer-Windows-Mixed-Reality-Development-Edition-headset.jpg

•••
Amazon was working on their own hardware. But with all the late R&D for them, they have a need for a rush on not missing the bandwagon on their 'PRIME VIDEO' platform. They are competing with NetFlix.
So they are partnering with others to fill that VR need. It remains to be seen if they have anything that is MR specific in the works. Just working apps with/on the WMR platform for 'MOVIES AND SHORTS' is all they really have going on. But I'm sure they will want a platform for games as well since they do have one and it has not been as good as they would like since they are for their devices only.
So, IF they can create a BRIDGE to the WMR platform, all is well.

Perhaps they will give-up on their own hardware and just stick with the partners.
Probably not. It has not been their history.

•••
This whole VR/AR/MR/Holo thing is not for risk averse investors.

But the other side of the coin is when you take a lot of risk there is sometimes a great opportunity for profits (take a move before others / market). Personally i am in search of a extreem ROI and they only way i can do this is taking risks. All with the exception of 1 of my MR domains is paid with only regfees en this was possible in a time before the chinese, dropcatchers where on the hunt.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know why everyone is getting excited about Augmented Reality.

As @cordoba pointed out, Next Generation Augmented Reality is where it is at :xf.eek:

Next Generation AR (.com)

Next Gen Augmented Reality (.com)

Next Generation Augmented Reality (.com)

Surely someone will see potential in a 30 letter domain name :ROFL:

•••
I don't know why everyone is getting excited about Augmented Reality.

As @cordoba pointed out, Next Generation Augmented Reality is where it is at :xf.eek:

Next Generation AR (.com)

Next Gen Augmented Reality (.com)

Next Generation Augmented Reality (.com)

Surely someone will see potential in a 30 letter domain name :ROFL:

Well I was only pointing out what Robert Scoble, the prophet of MR said. As I've made rather clear, I don't think we need a new name for an upgrade of a tech which itself isn't even off the ground yet. When 'MR' becomes haptic, what do we call it then? Feely Reality (FR)?

•••

I was trying to buy SocialVR before I got an e-mail from a broker about VRVideo. I offered a lot of it, owner didn’t want to sell, but says they are considering selling soon and asked if I wanted to be on a mailing list if/when they do come to sell, I said no.

All premium/potential new industry VR domains are lockdown now with asking prices of 6 figures+ but if one is potentially available to a domain investor; got the feeling it's SocialVR.

Sony’s got a trademark on the term though, not that I think they can do anything with it as the term is generic surely?

Last edited:
•••
Well I was only pointing out what Robert Scoble, the prophet of MR said. As I've made rather clear, I don't think we need a new name for an upgrade of a tech which itself isn't even off the ground yet. When 'MR' becomes haptic, what do we call it then? Feely Reality (FR)?

It's obvious what haptic MR will be called, can't believe everyone don't already know this :ROFL:

Visuo-haptic mixed reality (VHMR)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visuo-haptic_mixed_reality

:xf.eek::xf.laugh::ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
I was trying to buy SocialVR before I got an e-mail from a broker about VRVideo. I offered a lot of it, owner didn’t want to sell, but says they are considering selling soon and asked if I wanted to be on a mailing list if/when they do come to sell, I said no.

All premium/potential new industry VR domains are lockdown now with asking prices of 6 figures+ but if one is potentially available to a domain investor; got the feeling it's SocialVR.

Sony’s got a trademark on the term though, not that I think they can do anything with it as the term is generic surely?

SocialVRNetwork / SocialVRX / SocialVRExperience(s)

Last edited:
•••
•••

Personally, I think if you have not obtained the category killers you want before now, you are not going to get a good enough price on the to make it worth a good ROI.
But on the same hand, nothing ventured nothing gained.
But I have always thought there is more money and possibilities in buying as many 2nd rate names to it as you can where they make sense anyway.
In the case of SocialVR, I don't see that as a strong name as compared to
names that are Social VR Experiences. themselves.
i.e. vrchatrooms vrrecrooms vrdatingrooms vrhangoutz

You have much more ROI potential in the hand reg of 6 of these than in one SocialVR JMO

If I can't obtain that cat killer early on, I pause and look at it a little more broadly, make a plan and chip away at it over time. But never a bunch at once. I did target Social VR Names some time ago.
And still chipping away at it with hand reg's

Edit: I should say that SocialVR name is better suited to B2B not B2C

Last edited:
•••
I've got:-

vHaptic
vHaptics

.com

Always felt they could stand for VirtualHaptics, never come across the term Visuo-Haptic before so guess they could represent that too.

Thanks (y)

Last edited:
•••
In the case of SocialVR, I don't see that as a strong name as compared to
names that are Social VR Experiences. themselves.
i.e. vrchatrooms vrrecrooms vrdatingrooms vrhangoutz

You have much more ROI potential in the hand reg of 6 of these than in one SocialVR JMO

Sorry but i disagree with that mate. I see SocialVR as an industry (or potential industry), all your examples and even something as premium as VRChat falls under the SocialVR umbrella, control SocialVR dot com and you have the premium domain in that industry.

Last edited:
•••
ImmersiveChat / Immersive .Chat

•••
Sorry but i disagree with that mate. I see SocialVR as an industry (or potential industry), all your examples and even VRChat falls under the SocialVR umbrella, control SocialVR dot com you have the premium domain in that industry.
...LOL... they did not call it SocialBook but facebook. not SocialSpace but myspace.
There is no Social in Snapchat,Twitter or any other social media I know of.:xf.wink:
It is a B2B play if anything. For those catering to VR Social Media.

•••
These names like AugmentedReality.com and MixedReality.com are sweet for sure. But I think there are better names for every niche out there.

Would you prefer to own VirtualReality.com (right now it's just a parked site) or VRp*rn or VRcasino?

To me those other two have much more potential because they are defined industries with huge income potential. A name like VirtualReality.com is very vague. Could be alot of things but those things (whatever they are) could also probably do without that particular name.

For the same reason I am pretty happy about my MixedRealityAd(s) and MixedRealityTours.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back