Domain Empire

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Restless ?
I'm just not sure what gave anyone the idea that VRAR or ARVR would be a play in domains now or in the future. If you have money to burn, sit on it a while and watch for a opportunity.
There will be plenty present themselves if you have the cash on hand to play with. Patients.

4 years ago I reg'd 3davr and kinda figured it was a mistake after I did it and held onto it as a novelty since I found other plays for it. But if you see some really strong hunches or have insider info, go for them but why not limit your buys to one or two a month as you think on it. You may find better ones next month.

Allow some separation of the greed bone from your imagination bone. It always hurts when they touch.

But I will remind everyone that I keep proving there are fair names with the proven keywords that are out there for a hand reg. I think your efforts and money would be more profitable there. JMO

Edit: BTW - there are better names dropping with no bids !

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Palmer Un-Luckey !
https://mic.com/articles/174745/pal...ecretly-gave-gobs-of-cash-to-trump#.PbXBxc6HU

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/20/f...ed-a-bunch-of-money-into-trumps-inauguration/

augmented-minion.gif

•••
•••
Looking at my avatar likeness I pulled from @Internet.Domains 's link, I was thinking of who is going to have a job making this material for AR while I mowed a acre of lawn....

CG Cartoonist. But I see easy to use software developing for anyone to do this. BOOM !
Implications, Implications, Implications...
Now go figure out how that play's in names outside of facebook apps.

BTW, I see ARCreator reg'd in 2010 and that's about the same time frame I reg'd many of my AR names.
Belong to anyone here ? Good play.

•••
Looking at my avatar likeness I pulled from @Internet.Domains 's link, I was thinking of who is going to have a job making this material for AR while I mowed a acre of lawn....

CG Cartoonist. But I see easy to use software developing for anyone to do this. BOOM !
Implications, Implications, Implications...
Now go figure out how that play's in names outside of facebook apps.

BTW, I see ARCreator reg'd in 2010 and that's about the same time frame I reg'd many of my AR names.
Belong to anyone here ? Good play.

ARcreator(.)com
MRcreators(.)com

•••
Here's my little MR portfolio that I've kept mostly private.

VisualMR | I love keyword visual in the realities
VideoMR
LUMR | 'light' in French is Lumier. I liked that play on words and I like it's visuals.
MRVM | virtual machine came to mind when I saw this
VSMR
MR
Simulation
MRDevelopment | own the VR version so made sense to get this

have about 8 more names some to match my VR investment but that's it for me. A little diversification. Ready for that loooooong wait. I don't like Microsoft leading the way with this term, little sex appeal, but they are the world's 4th most valuable brand. Huge sphere of influence. As an investor, you can't ignore that kind of influence/clout. We can analyze MR vs. The World to death but end of the day I'm just here to sell domain names and follow the numbers. I see potential but MR may not be the right choice for everyone's portfolio. It took me a long time to throw my hat in the ring because of what I saw happen to Cisco and their whole IoE over IoT failed push. But no pain no gain! MR conceptually has a place in this realities ecosystem... how large or small of a footprint remains to be seen. We're a bunch of gamblers us domainers lol... (y)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Here's my little MR portfolio that I've kept mostly private.

VisualMR | I love keyword visual in the realities
VideoMR
LUMR | 'light' in French is Lumier. I liked that play on words and I like it's visuals.
MRVM | virtual machine came to mind when I saw this
VSMR
MR
Simulation
MRDevelopment | own the VR version so made sense to get this

have about 8 more names some to match my VR investment but that's it for me. A little diversification. Ready for that loooooong wait. I don't like Microsoft leading the way with this term, little sex appeal, but they are the world's 4th most valuable brand. Huge sphere of influence. As an investor, you can't ignore that kind of influence/clout. We can analyze MR vs. The World to death but end of the day I'm just here to sell domain names and follow the numbers. I see potential but MR may not be the right choice for everyone's portfolio. It took me a long time to throw my hat in the ring because of what I saw happen to Cisco and their whole IoE over IoT failed push. But no pain no gain! MR conceptually has a place in this realities ecosystem... how large or small of a footprint remains to be seen. We're a bunch of gamblers us domainers lol... (y)

Nice additions (y)

I am never against diversifying a portfolio.

My latest additions:

Live Mixed Reality (.com)

Tours MR (.com)

•••
•••
I got a feeling ill say goodbye to this one soon ..

MixedReality(.)Tech

•••
http://mashable.com/2017/04/21/augmented-reality-everything-app/#rex0yEVslaqJ

If all these billion $ companies (Facebook/Apple/Google and others) see Augmented Reality as the future, why don't one of these companies buy AugmentedReality dot com? It's on Sedo $200k but i spoke to a broker about it a few months ago and he told me the owner was willing to lower their asking price and even offered it me paying installments.

I get the impression it was buyable for around $100k, chicken feed to these companies if they see Augmented Reality as the next big thing.

Put it this way I'd take the risk and buy if i had the money, If virtual tech does go on to revolutionise and Augmented Reality is the next big thing, i think it's fair to say this is a potenital high 7 to 8 figure domain name.

Last edited:
•••

If all these billion $ companies (Facebook/Apple/Google and others) see Augmented Reality as the future, why don't one of these companies buy AugmentedReality dot com? It's on Sedo $200k but i spoke to a broker about it a few months ago and he told me the owner was willing to lower their asking price and even offered it me paying installments.

I get the impression it was buyable for around $100k, chicken feed to these companies if they see Augmented Reality as the next big thing.

Put it this way I'd take the risk and buy if i had the money, If virtual tech does go on to revolutionise and Augmented Reality is the next big thing, i think it's fair to say this is a potenital high 7 to 8 figure domain name.

A big company will buy virtual or mixed before they will buy AugmentedReality.

Bad investment imo

•••

Seems more likely because they are not Augmented, Mixed, or Virtual Reality companies, but rather are simply incorporating AR, and/or other similar techs, into their products. They brand their own products and product names, so no need to own augmented reality .com, etc; as it does not promote their brand.

If I'm interested in the Augmented iPhone I'd check Apple's site or the iPhone site, not augmented reality .com. Certainly wouldn't waste my time on virtual reality .com if I'm searching for facebook, apple, or others' products, and mixed reality is still further down the trough than augmented reality, IMO.

•••
Companies normally don't buy domain keywords look at ipad.com apple big seller but didn't bother getting domain name

And augmentedreality is a good investment

•••
Companies normally don't buy domain keywords look at ipad.com apple big seller but didn't bother getting domain name

In 100k? I dont think so.

•••
It simply comes down to need.

When a company needs a domain they will purchase it. Without that need, a company isn't going to buy it irrespective of how cheap it is.

•••
•••

Yeah that’s the way I see it mate.

I know each case is different, but the way I look at it is VacationRentals.com sold for $36m, RealEstate.com $8.25m.

If AugmentedReality dot com is available for $100k, you read about its potential, it’s all about weighing up the pros and cons, is the rewards greater than the risks?

It’s the way I looked MixedReality dot com when that was on the market a few months ago and why I tried to buy it and what I’ve always done with domains I’ve tried to buy and have managed to buy.

It can all backfire of course, but I’m a big believer in you have to take risks in life, majority of people who's made it in life have took risks.

And (maybe it’s just me) but if your interest is domains and virtual tech and have the money, I do think AugmentedReality dot com is worth the risk, as I do think these giant companies will come knocking on your door if it does go on to fulfill it’s potential.

Same with MixedReality and the person who bought that, I got offered it for $32k, got the impression I could have got it for around $27k, new owner probably paid around that, fantastic potential investment.

Even if it doesn’t go on to fulfill its potential, it will always have some relevance so you may always get your money back on that name (or a large part of it), but if it does fulfill its potential again like Augmented Reality a potential 7 or 8 figure domain name.

Pros and cons (y)

Last edited:
•••

Let me answer that with a question....
What advantage does it bring to the table for anyone in the industry at that level ?
Why would you want to diminish the value of the brand you spent so much money creating by using a generic name.

Unless there is some high amount of traffic or exact searches. But it just makes no sense for the big boys.
But, in time, it will present some advantage for someone. The bigger question is just how much.

As I have said before, I have not bought a AR name in about 4 years and have no plans to.
There may be some old ones hanging in my short list.
I will be more than happy to sell my AR names out at lower pricing than I though might be obtainable when I bought them. But I do have a few exceptions of very short strong ones.

BTW, the .org sold some years ago for I think 12.5k

Last edited:
•••
I got lucky today with this handreg in king:

LuxuryMR

Domain Status Deleted And Available Again
Whois History 10 records have been archived since 2016-01-28
IP History 7 changes on 4 unique IP addresses over 11 years
Registrar History 1 registrar

I see a lot of potential value in this domain. Looking at http://dnpric.es/?q=luxury i will list this one for 8k (average sales price). There are only a handfull of domains i list in this price ranch. Most domains i list for somewhere between 1.5k and 5k. Only with proven money making niches like LoansMR i am willing to ask a "high" price.

It has been just two days for 1/3 of my VR/MR domains to be listed for sale.

Last edited:
•••
So if you owned augmentedreality.com what would you sell it for ?

Hypothetical question.. As @KingslayerVR mentioned, its risk and reward.
I wouldnt buy it for 100k that's for sure meaning i wouldn't risk loosing 100k because i think the risk is too high with this name.

•••
I
I got lucky today with this handreg in king:

LuxuryMR

Domain Status Deleted And Available Again
Whois History 10 records have been archived since 2016-01-28
IP History 7 changes on 4 unique IP addresses over 11 years
Registrar History 1 registrar

I see a lot of potential value in this domain. Looking at http://dnpric.es/?q=luxury i will list this one for 8k (average sales price). There are only a handfull of domains i list in this price ranch. Most domains i list for somewhere between 1.5k and 5k. Only with proven money making niches like LoansMR i am willing to ask a "high" price.

It has been just two days for 1/3 of my VR/MR domains to be listed for sale.

How do you see the Loan domain being used in mixed reality?

•••
I

How do you see the Loan domain being used in mixed reality?

1. Well a consumer who is searching for loan information for his MR device (compatible / optimised).

2. It is also a great way for a startup to brand / compete against the old establishment.

3. CEO's are the rulers / thinkers / decision makers for making the roadmap for the next years. If someone following the news and hears about Mixed Reality (MR) and he is a rich guy working at a loans / bank it is a great domain and 12k is nothing for the real big guys. Even a average worker in the finance earns 12k a month...

loans.com January 2000 $ 3,000,000.00 USD Private sale
personalloans.com February 2012 $ 1,000,000.00 USD DomainNameSales/Uniregistry
allloans.com September 2008 $ 100,000.00 USD SnapNames
boatloans.com January 2012 $ 64,000.00 USD Uniregistry
federalstudentloans.com ⇒ October 2007 $ 50,750.00 USD
discountloans.com February 2013 $ 39,000.00 USD GoDaddy
homeloans.org August 2009 $ 37,000.00 USD Private sale
badcredithomeloans.com October 2008 $ 35,300.00 USD SnapNames
lowinterestloans.com March 2008 $ 35,000.00 USD SnapNames
veteransloans.com February 2008 $ 35,000.00 USD AfterNIC
mobileloans.com July 2014 $ 30,099.00 USD NameJet
loans.mobi October 2007 $ 30,000.00 USD Sedo auction
condoloans.com March 2014 $ 28,018.00 USD GoDaddy
autoloans.ca May 2015 $ 25,000.00 USD Uniregistry
consumerloans.com October 2008 $ 25,000.00 USD

mobileloans.com for example... July 2014 $ 30,099.00 USD

And i am just asking 12k. I must say LoansMR is currently my highest listed domain. I have a couple of 8k domains listed and another 100+ domains between 1,5 and 5k. All based on average of real sold domains with same keywords.

I like to sell my domains for a fair price based on historical sales.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back