Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

NameSilo
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
3xr.com latest one 15k

It's a short domain, 5RT dot com (for example) could quite easy go for 15k.

Do you build a domaining market around 1 sale or look at sales/demand for XR domains as a whole? Truth is most are being sold to other domain investors and for xxx.

VRDommy said it above (and I've said it in the past), companies will brand around XR right now because it's the cheaper option, it costs them $8.99 to brand around XR vs say $10k+ to brand around (say) VR buying a 2006 domain from a investor. I'd even brand around XR if i was starting a VR/AR company.

But how far can this go long term? Are you going to get the public calling VR/AR XR? I see no indication of this on this on social media, XR as far as an abbreviation goes, is and will always be imprinted into people's minds with the iPhoneXR and swallowed up by the iPhone XR in terms search results.

Type XR into Google news now and do you see any recent news related to VR/AR? It's all iPhoneXR.

Last edited:
•••
mmmm

If that is to mean anything to our niche, it has not been shown yet.
A look to the TM DB shows a recent application and a existing TM from 2005.
The 3xr TM application...
Downloadable three-dimensional (3D) images, graphics, models, and software displays and two-dimensional (2D) representations thereof, for use in web applications, and in virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality applications; downloadable mobile applications for viewing and sharing three-dimensional (3D) images, graphics, models, and software displays and two-dimensional (2D) representations thereof; downloadable mobile applications for scanning objects and creating three-dimensional (3D) images, graphics, models, and software displays, and two-dimensional (2D) representations thereof

But you should not assume without looking. You will make bad decisions.

Sorry but I dont get your point.

•••

Do you build a domaining market around 1 sale or look at sales/demand for XR domains as a whole? Truth is most are being sold to other domain investors and for xxx.

VRDommy said it above (and I've said it in the past), companies will brand around XR right now because it's the cheaper option, it costs them $8.99 to brand around XR vs say $10k+ to brand around (say) VR buying a 2006 domain from a investor. I'd even brand around XR if i was starting a VR/AR company.

But how far can this go long term? Are you going to get the public calling VR/AR XR? I see no indication of this on this on social media, XR as far as an abbreviation goes, is and will always be imprinted into people's minds with the iPhoneXR and swallowed up by the iPhone XR in terms search results.

Type XR into Google news now and do you see any recent news related to VR/AR? It's all iPhoneXR.

:) I'm just saying it's a fair market to work on but not putting all my eggs there.

But the signs are Impressive so far in overall branding and with sales so early in the game.

•••
Sorry but I dont get your point.
Don't assume 3xr sale had anything to do with our niche until you look.
But I just did that for you.

•••
Don't assume 3xr sale had anything to do with our niche until you look.
But I just did that for you.

So it's not connected??

•••
•••
It 'likey' is, but you did not know that. you made the assumption it was.

Don't assume ;)
Screenshot_20190603-164730.jpg

•••
:) I'm just saying it's a fair market to work on but not putting all my eggs there.

But the signs are Impressive so far in overall branding and with sales so early in the game.

Yeah for sure, it’s gone further than i ever thought, but XR has had (what) a good 16 months now? It’s not really early anymore, in the same way VR isn’t early when people keep saying “it’s still early” in the VR thread, it’s not. Oculus Rift got announced 2012, it’s just the tech is not good enough yet, we need it to get better and grow.

But in terms of ‘growth’ XR doesn’t help virtual tech one bit, it’s bad for the growth of VR/AR. The whole ‘XR’ thing to me is trying to run before you can walk and just confuses people (which isn’t good) and I’m not just saying that as a person who as investments outside XR, i could quite easy get involved XR right now as XR domains are selling low enough, i just don’t believe in it.

•••
•••
XR makes a excellent Brand add-on for those that are making VR and AR products,
but it is yet a new matter to try to brand the product with it. Because it is not a separate tech.
Good work !

•••
As @Kingslayer properly pointed out, the 'value' was not exactly in XR but a 3 char .com

•••
•••
Let's wait for the next one then :)
The avg price of a 3 letter .com is 17k
the average price of a 3 num .com is 10k

But I'm sure you will tell us the next sale over 5k, somehow loosing the dozens that sell under 1k
Not that selling at that price is anything to be ashamed of.
This is not going to outperform the general market. To few players.

Edit - the insurance market outperformed the general market so you have a example

Last edited:
•••
Well I am sure Elad wont mind me mentioning this.

But we are co-owners of an XR domain name which a company said two weeks ago they would pay between $10,000 & $15,000 right now for the domain.

I was tempted, Elad was not:ROFL::xf.cry:

We have also had an offer on this domain name a few months ago to swap with a domain name that an investor purchased for $xx,xxx range.

My only point is that no one knows what level of interest there is in XR domains because not everyone mentions offers.

I have sold more XR domains than any other immersive niched acronym. Yes offers have slowed down the last few months I have to admit that.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah for sure, it’s gone further than i ever thought, but XR has had (what) a good 16 months now? It’s not really early anymore, in the same way VR isn’t early when people keep saying “it’s still early” in the VR thread, it’s not. Oculus Rift got announced 2012, it’s just the tech is not good enough yet, we need it to get better and grow.

But in terms of ‘growth’ XR doesn’t help virtual tech one bit, it’s bad for the growth of VR/AR. The whole ‘XR’ thing to me is trying to run before you can walk and just confuses people (which isn’t good) and I’m not just saying that as a person who as investments outside XR, i could quite easy get involved XR right now as XR domains are selling low enough, i just don’t believe in it.
Agreed.
I originally made 5 buys. I'm dropping 2 of those this year.
If it does make it's way as I suppose it will, one of them is all I need. I'm not greedy thinking I need 50 of them. for my best play will not find a great value for 5 more years at a minimum and likely 8-10.

But you probably remember when this started that everyone was treating it as if it were the same as VR or AR and buying names replacing VR term for XR and it just is not going to work that way because it is not a separate tech and confuses the user if that software can work on their device. It only works well for corporate branding. Not that there will not be some start-ups doing otherwise.

Last edited:
•••

But we are co-owners of an XR domain name which a company said two weeks ago they would pay between $10,000 & $15,000 right now for the domain.

We have also had an offer on this domain name a few months ago to swap with a domain name that an investor purchased for $xx,xxx range.

My only point is that no one knows what level of interest there is in XR domains because not everyone mentions offers.

I have sold more XR domains than any other immersive niched acronym. Yes offers have slowed down the last few months I have to admit that.

That’s the problem being joint owners, you both have to agree. It’s something i could never do.

I know you’re a respectable person on here, so i believe you. But truth is on NamePros we hear many stories like this all the time on here. I remember a guy posting in the VR thread how he turned down $80k for a domain, only to sell it 1 month after he posted this for $12k, there’s lots of bullshit on here and i know a few times people have said they’ve received this offer and that offer and made a sale for a huge amount but can’t disclose in attempt to make out everything is all rosey, but you can only judge how something is doing by reported sales not ‘offers’ or non-disclosures.

Last edited:
•••

Well, I hope it works out for you guys.
Ya gotta know what it is worth and hold out for it.
Patients is king.
Ive been playing AR since 2008. Absolutely no sales. But I hold and wait for the value to come to them.
That is still a long way off.
AR in names is almost meaningless until we have AR Glasses. But the tech goes back much further than most think. Anything less seems to be discounted. but we know it's coming sometime.

•••
You know, I'm sure there will be sales and plenty of offers.
The problem I have is folks reading to much into them without merit.
When posting this on social media places, it easily gets contagious and amplifies.
In the 'old days' (LOL) social media (BB's) and group chat have always been the same way.
It comes from thinking you have a real handle on it only to discover (after it costs you) that there were other things to consider.

If you make it 5 years in domains, you likely have seen a lot and should have a grip on many things you should not do. And that is the trick to success, try not to fail, and wait. trying 'only to succeed' is almost a blank check for failure.
The big onslaught of folks needing names was over 8 years ago. If you have been through that, you had a big adjustment to make in the reality of names that you did not experience before.
You will never see the growth in names that we have seen in history. Mainly just new players now.
Facebook and social media has not helped that obviously. Adjust your viewing scope.
So when you look at historic records, keep that in mind in your decision making.
Don't skew your own facts. It's you who looses. Not the guy your are arguing with on social media.

•••
That’s the problem being joint owners, you both have to agree. It’s something i could never do.

I know you’re a respectable person on here, so i believe you. But truth is on NamePros we hear many stories like this all the time on here. I remember a guy posting in the VR thread how he turned down $80k for a domain, only to sell it 1 month after he posted this for $12k, there’s lots of bullsh*t on here and i know a few times people have said they’ve received this offer and that offer and made a sale for a huge amount but can’t disclose in attempt to make out everything is all rosey, but you can only judge how something is doing by reported sales not ‘offers’ or non-disclosures.

No I 100% agree with what you are saying. I wasn't going to post it tbh but just thought it is a similar amount the 3xr sold for so just that it was a relevant offer.

•••
A couple of days ago, I notice this new high priced high end entry...
https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/29/v...es-on-the-outside-of-its-high-end-vr-headset/
Suggesting enterprise once again. Really out of consumer pricing.

But notice one of Forbes authors take on it...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradte...asses-including-one-you-might-wear-in-public/
(be sure to look at the AR entries)
It's correct to assume this will come down in price sometime. but quickly enough ?
Is there really enough competition to make that level affordable in 3 years ?
I certainly welcome any new player to add to the competition.

Oh... I also recently seen the PIVR 5K on amazon @ about 1K, I may go for one when I'm sure the bugs are out of it. I just want the 200 degree FOV in something fast and affordable.
But the Oculus Quest should make some headway in changing this market and I'm sure we will see others like it before the year is out. If not for Facebook, I probably would own a Quest.

•••

They won't brand around my names for $8.99 lol. I have knocked back offers for SpaceXr.com from a major space company , XrPizza.com and various others. I am not here to sell the idea of Xr to anyone but as an owner of various new tech names xr is my hottest rate of enquiries so far. I will never give my names away cheaply you want them you pay for them if not no probs. I am one of the lucky ones if i never sell another name again till i die i am still in front.

•••

It's definitely still early. Have you seen an add for an AR/VR/XR service with any merit? Have you visited a website on an immersive device? Have you seen even one person wearing AR glasses on the street? The tech might have started years ago, but it's nowhere near its destination, and therefore the names are not worth much yet. The fact that decent offers are already coming in for some in this thread is very promising, considering how not-mainstream these technologies remain at the moment. There's so much naysaying in these recent posts. Why? I see nothing but reasons to be optimistic. I'll accept evidence to the contrary when it's presented, but when evidence that promotes optimism is presented, it also should result in the appropriate response.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Is this a blend of Map and Avatar? You seem to buy names based on futuretech news. How does this name fit into your strategy?
Did you read the description under domain name details? I wrote it there. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back