Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

NameSilo
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As I mentioned a few days before it's release...
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6839018/

a dev's review...

Also of note is that you need to recalibrate the device each and every time someone new puts it on. That means if you’re showing it to friends and want to take it off and have someone else put it on, they must recalibrate.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/08/11/what-developers-actually-think-of-the-magic-leap-one-ar-headset/

I would kinda expect that from person to person, but it also means once calibrated to a person, you must fit it exactly the same as it was calibrated on the same person, or re-calibrate.
In a way, this probably should be expected. probably never going to be a seamless fit until many more advancements come. Mainly when eye-tracking is 'built-in'. Then you can determine the pupal distance automatically and adjust for slightly mis-fit but comfortable wearing positions.

One also must keep in mind that ML1 is a 'dev-edition' and not intended to be a consumer product just like Hololens1 was. The consumer product will likely show in 2020 just as hololens2 will likely show in the next 12 months and be a consumer product. May even show before x-mas?

•••
•••
metaverse stuff I own:

meta..one ($500 offr declined some months ago)
metaverse..one
vrmeta..com ($300 declined)
vr-metaverse..com
metavirtualreality..com
metaverse..design
metaverse..website
metaverse..sale
metanetwork..info

I'll be probably dropping some of the ngtlds I just reggef for fun on promos.. like .sale or .website.. not sure yet...

Just Bought MetaverseTravel (.)com
In edition to MetaverseP@rn(.)com
And
ARverse(.)com
MRverse(.)com

•••
•••
•••
Price point to change Samsung's VR Future ?
Sounds like great competition this fall !
https://venturebeat.com/2018/08/17/samsungs-new-odyssey-headset-could-fix-its-muddled-vr-vision/

If this xmas doubles the number of VR HMDs at home, we are well on our way.
This may help...
https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-rift-sale-deal-amazon-us/

Personally, I think when you see full room tracking on a 4k display at under $500... we're there.
Who will be the first to do it... PiVR ?
Everything we seen new this year is basically 2G hardware and 3G is just around the corner and might see just what I mentioned. By then the software market will be very well populated for it. But that level is what it takes in my eyes to make this go BOOM.

Having watched the actual's play out in VR and even with VR paving many of the dirt roads AR will follow, AR is in for some challenges that will take 3-5 years to work themselves out.
Mainly quality and content.
The same issues we seen VR having the last 5 years that are finally working themselves out.
Domain demand to follow ?
If the economy stays stable since this is about a high level of disposable income even for entry level AR HMDs !.
So while AR may take the headlines in the near-term, the meat and potato's in domains will actually be happening in the VR space as new app company's emerge. So, it's not that it won't happen for AR, it just when it happens for names in AR, is dependent on a lot of things and VR should be giving you good example of just that.

•••
•••
ARverse on King end user offer but my pricing is high for them
MRverse on King same with a different end user
MRhaptics 200$ sedo offer countered
RealityXR 2 different inquires up to 1k
XRshopping 200$ domainer offer refused

No sales but stuff is happening

•••
Sold:-
xmnc3p.jpg

For $3,500 via GoDaddy, bought for $1800 just over 2 years ago.

To be honest this offer came in at the right time, life gave me a kick in the balls where I’ve got £2000 to pay out, so was willing to let one of my best domains go cheaper than i normally would and more or less break even with certain ones, as I’ve bought hell of a lot of domains too so needed to get some money back.

Wasn't going to report this as the whole experience with GoDaddy has left a bitter taste in my mouth, i know a lot like them but I'm going to try avoid using them again in the future, such a slow and poor after service they provide for a large percentage (20 percent) they take.

Last edited:
•••
xmnc3p.jpg

To be honest this offer came in at the right time, life gave me a kick in the balls where I’ve got £2000 to pay out, so was willing to let one of my best domains go cheaper than i normally would and more or less break even with certain ones, as I’ve bought hell of a lot of domains too so needed to get some money back.

Wasn't going to report this as the whole experience with GoDaddy has left a bitter taste in my mouth, i know a lot like them but I'm going to try avoid using them again in the future, such a slow and poor after service they provide for a large percentage (20 percent) they take.

Yeah never sold a domain with them, but I know someone who did recently and it was a painfully slow process.

Congrats on the sale mate, glad it came at the right time for you(y)

•••
Yeah never sold a domain with them, but I know someone who did recently and it was a painfully slow process.

Congrats on the sale mate, glad it came at the right time for you(y)

Yes , GoDaddy are horrible and the 20% hurts like hell lol

Well done on the sale though .

•••
VrMother.com
VrDarling.com
(My fav)
VrSouq.com (Souq is the arabic word for "market" so it equals VrMarket | and souq.com has been bought by amazon recently)

ArBrains.com

Edit: sorry meant ArBrains.com not ArMother

I like the names, I just have no Idea where to sell them :(

Last edited:
•••
ArMother.com
VrDarling.com
(My fav)
VrSouq.com (Souq is the arabic word for "market" so it equals VrMarket | and souq.com has been bought by amazon recently)

I like the names, I just have no Idea where to sell them :(

Great names sell themselves , get great names!

•••
Great names sell themselves , get great names!
I see mate. I thought they were better than what I've acquired otherwise (for example what I sent you lol)

•••
I see mate. I thought they were better than what I've acquired otherwise (for example what I sent you lol)

Buy names u don't want to sell ;) , buy names that it will be hard for you to let go! :) names that shine .
then u know u r doing good :) or at least getting closer

•••
xmnc3p.jpg

We all do what we gotta do.... Nice play. Don't look back on it. Look forward to the next play.
Been a lot of sales under the radar this year. Reporting yours ?

•••
Many of you know I am well invested in VR CAMS market.
I was taken back a bit on the Nokia Pro VR cam withdrawal/PAUSE from market earlier this year.
That cam was probably to far ahead of the times @ 12k/x2 360 and comes with a very high price tag. It takes a lot of computer to digest that.
The main issue here is who can use it for what. The practical use exceeds the number one use in streaming capability. It will be back. They did not scrap it. Just temporarily stopped production.
So here is one that fits that current niche head-on.
https://www.insta360.com/product/insta360-pro2
A quick review at venturebeat...
https://venturebeat.com/2018/08/21/insta360-pro-2-vr-camera-debuts-with-6-lenses-and-8k-imaging/
and the price is 20% of the former Nokia @ $4k and it's 8k per eye. I see practical use by enterprise and professionals. I'm sure there will be some big competition in this area very soon..

8k360cams 8kvrcams provrcams
The first 2, I have no great hope for, but provrcams is more universal name and can fit a lot of niches even as the tech progresses.
I was projecting this would be the year of the consumer VR cams (2 years ago) but I think next year is better suited for those now.
Just not enough HMDs in the market yet but that is something I expect to change this xmas.
The price points and quality are changing rapidly now. I expect next years high end consumer HMD's to fit a 4k standard. But the HMD's are not going to get to far advanced of the available content res.

Last edited:
•••
The new Gartner hype cycle

PR_490866_5_Trends_in_the_Emerging_Tech_Hype_Cycle_2018_Hype_Cycle.png

•••
MORE ON VR CAMS...
and then there was this announcement...
https://advanced-television.com/2018/08/22/google-imax-scrap-plans-for-vr-camera/
But iMAX has it's own bottom line problems. They seem to be slowing their pursuit of VR endeavors to keep shareholders happy with the bottom line factor. Since many of them see VR as Risky and probably defunct.
...So, that's what they need, less reasons to go to a already shrinking Theater Market. LOL
And that's going to force high quality new VR content online...
And I'm sure Google will find a new partner for that and make it happen.
I still think VR Arcades are a best fit for what replaces these theaters in the space they hold in most malls.
But who knows, Google may end up buying them out for 10 cents on the dollar in the end.
Just a matter of time...

•••
Hello my friends,
I Sold today a keyword+360+Keyword.com for mid xxx via ToughDomains Platform ( Make Offer )
More details in the next few days.

•••
Something weird happened to me, as I regged VrMother.com yesterday, it was shown as a totally normal domain. Now when you look it up on godaddy, it is considered as premium and you can make an offer to the seller.

Fun fact: I have it listed on no single platform. So when you type vrmother.com into your browser, you'll see someone called "Domain Sales International" has it listed on undeveloped.

Wtf :xf.grin:

I even triple checked if I really regged the right name on namecheap, and yes, I have. (As you can see here: http://prntscr.com/klq4rd)

Any suggestions on what is going on?

•••
Yes , GoDaddy are horrible and the 20% hurts like hell lol

Well done on the sale though .

Yeah they are terrible, customer support and everything is really bad.

Sold another domain today on Flippa, none virtual tech related (only low xxx), everything was all done within 2 hours, domain transferred, money on its way into my account.

First time i've sold something on Flippa and was quite impressed, especially after just dealing with GoDaddy.

•••
Something weird happened to me, as I regged VrMother.com yesterday, it was shown as a totally normal domain. Now when you look it up on godaddy, it is considered as premium and you can make an offer to the seller.

Fun fact: I have it listed on no single platform. So when you type vrmother.com into your browser, you'll see someone called "Domain Sales International" has it listed on undeveloped.

Wtf :xf.grin:

I even triple checked if I really regged the right name on namecheap, and yes, I have. (As you can see here: http://prntscr.com/klq4rd)

Any suggestions on what is going on?
It shows as premium because it is not open for a hand reg anymore and you have it listed 'for sale' through them or their partners in the aftermarket.

•••
It shows as premium because it is not open for a hand reg anymore and you have it listed 'for sale' through them or their partners in the aftermarket.
Thanks mate, but I haven't listed it anywhere

•••
Thanks mate, but I haven't listed it anywhere

The previous owner would have had it listed at one of the marketplaces before they let it drop.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back